PDA

View Full Version : Lester Blows Hard

jaymarvin
12-01-2004, 09:55 PM
Mixed media on watercolor paper 18X24. This is the first abstract I've done in six months. Any and all comments welcome. Thanks for looking.

chandlerjr
12-01-2004, 10:52 PM
Jay,
I like this--very interesting composition. Wasn't sure how I felt about the white streaks. I think it might be better without them because the composition is very solid and would be better without them (in my humble opinion).
Larry C.

jaymarvin
12-02-2004, 07:05 AM
Jay,
I like this--very interesting composition. Wasn't sure how I felt about the white streaks. I think it might be better without them because the composition is very solid and would be better without them (in my humble opinion).
Larry C.

Thanks for the kind words. Maybe I went overboard with the white? I'll go back and cover it up to see what it looks like.

themanda
12-02-2004, 10:57 AM
i had the exact same thought about the streaks.

otherwise love the vibrancy of this!

jaymarvin
12-02-2004, 01:37 PM
Yeah, the white streaks do not work. I stuck them in there at the time to cover the dull, mud like look of the paint. So onward I go to the next project.

THANKS!

jay :D

Tamana
12-03-2004, 05:16 AM
That's a good idea, Jay. Sometimes you just have to learn and move on rather than try and fix or you make a total mess of things.

The streaks are indeed a bit over-bearing; however, I feel the painting still works.

jaymarvin
12-03-2004, 07:12 AM
That's a good idea, Jay. Sometimes you just have to learn and move on rather than try and fix or you make a total mess of things.

The streaks are indeed a bit over-bearing; however, I feel the painting still works.

Thanks, Tamana I'm going to put this one away, and look at it again in a month, and see what I think.