PDA

View Full Version : new here and newbie

Jenny1
12-01-2004, 05:27 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have just joined the WC Forum and searched a few threads. Thought I should introduce myself before I start posting.

I'm in Canada and have studied with watercolor instructor Jack Reid. He's well known up here. He's written some watercolor instruction books -- some of you may know of him.

Anyway, I paint landscapes. I'm not that good yet but love to learn and am eager to get in discussions with everyone here.

Thanks
Jenny

pampe
12-01-2004, 05:45 PM
Hi, Jenny, WELCOME!!!

We have MANY members from Canada!

Johnnie
12-01-2004, 06:05 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have just joined the WC Forum and searched a few threads. Thought I should introduce myself before I start posting.

I'm in Canada and have studied with watercolor instructor Jack Reid. He's well known up here. He's written some watercolor instruction books -- some of you may know of him.

Anyway, I paint landscapes. I'm not that good yet but love to learn and am eager to get in discussions with everyone here.

Thanks
Jenny

Hi Jenny

I too know Jack and was at his place a few months ago to purchase his videos.. He is a very nice guy for sure..
How many lessons did you take from him?

I am looking forward to seeing your work.

Nice to see you joining WC and you will get a wealth of information here for sure. Enjoy your stay and dont be afraid to post your paintings. The first one is the hardest. But folks here are kind and will give you tips etc on how to do things or not do things.

I had Mama/wife take a few photo's of Jack and I when we were down to his place and one of them is in my signature line down below on the right. Kindof small I know.. lol

Welcome

Johnnie

Little Old Lady
12-01-2004, 06:26 PM
Welcome Jenny. This is a great addictive spot. Check out the wash to get acquainted with some of us.
JoAnn

artmom
12-01-2004, 06:53 PM
Welcome to the wild, wacky, wonderful world of the Watercolor Forum, Jenny!

As JoAnn said, come on over to The Daily Wash and get acquainted. Also, I look forward to your first post. :)

Lyn

WTPDOSA
12-02-2004, 02:39 PM
Jenny,
Welcome to his terrific part of the web. I'm a beginning plein air watercolorist. I can vouch for the wonderful people here in that they are awsome in helping one learn. They have helped me grow in my art. I know they will help you too. Again, welcome, and have fun! I look forward to seeing your pieces.

Annapet
12-02-2004, 02:53 PM
Welcome to the Wet Canvas, Jenny!

There are many amazing watercolor artists here in WC who are Canadians.

(I guess us people from the SF Bay Area still has much to do to get that kind of reputation....)

;)

Ellen in Ont
12-02-2004, 04:14 PM
Hi Jenny,
Welcome. I am fairly new here too and have found the welcome and help here wonderful. I am sure you will fit right in. Looking forward to seeing your work. Where abouts do you live in Canada (I am northeastern Ont). :D

Hayward
12-02-2004, 05:19 PM
Welcome !!

Hope you'll like it here - its a crazy fun bunch!
and a busy forum.

We post our best and our worst and we LEARN from
all of them......

Jo

Strawberry Wine
12-02-2004, 05:28 PM
Welcome to the Water Colour Forum and to Wet Canvas. I live in Ontario about one hour north of Toronto. Please join us in the The Daily Wash. It really is a great place to get to know everyone. Landscapes are my first love too. :)

Looking forward to your first post.

Cheers,

Gail

Yorky
12-02-2004, 05:50 PM
Welcome to the forum, Jenny. I look forward to seeing your paintings.

Doug

laudesan
12-02-2004, 06:56 PM
Hi Jenny and a big welcome from me "Down Under" too.. :)

I was in Canada last October..:D I loved it and wanna go back sooooooooooo bad!!

mr sandbanx
12-02-2004, 07:23 PM
Welcome Jenny.

matingara
12-02-2004, 09:03 PM
Nice to have you here Jenny! I am sure you will enjoy your time here!!!

:)

Joel.

mr sandbanx
12-02-2004, 10:52 PM
OK Jenny... what Canadian spells watercolour like that? tsk tsk....