PDA

View Full Version : Fancy Dancers

haaf
12-01-2004, 10:43 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-01-2004/32915_fancy_dancers.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-01-2004/32915_detail_2_fd.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-01-2004/32915_workr_fd.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Fancy Dancers
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 60x54 cm (24x21 inch)
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
loosening up on the bigger size paper
I was looking for that
that's a good thing
I love the colors
(especially if you look outside)
Caroline

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
anything

LisaArt
12-01-2004, 10:54 AM
Hi Caroline, Yes, very loose and airy indeed, can see all the nice thick strokes on your paper. Vivid colours, some appear almost flourscent..
Interesting composition.
I can see outside..beautiful colors there..and in your painting too ;)
Hey by the way what kind of acrylic paints do you use. Are you enjoying them? Looks like you are having a good time. :wave:

Londondeon
12-01-2004, 12:11 PM
Lots of good color and great sense of movement with the dancers. I would suggest that the blue at the top is a bit heavy feeling. Maybe lightening or brightening it would help with the top heavy feeling. Otherwise it makes me smile.

Wayne Gaudon
12-01-2004, 12:29 PM
Nice piece of joy.
You are in your own little world and it's very colorful. I feel a slight seperation of the top from the bottom and here is what I would try on another piece.

You have the blue on the top piece over the orange/red with the warms showing through the blues here and there. Why not reverse the procedure and have the warms (bottom half of the work) over the blues of the top and allowing the colds to show through in random. I think it would really tie the whole piece togeather. Of course it would be a different painting but it might be something you would like to experiment with.

Later,

jerryW
12-01-2004, 12:41 PM
the tubular connection design through and beween color areas right to the edges of the paper give it lots of strength

earthbot1
12-01-2004, 01:53 PM
always a delight to see these creations. great sense of design/color/form
these dogs are taking over!

Gilberte
12-01-2004, 02:15 PM
They really look good your Fawlty Dancers ....... sorry Fancy Dancers ... uplifting painting !!!

Dana Design
12-01-2004, 02:47 PM
Oh, Caroline! This is just wonderful. Love the movement, the colors and the happiness, freedom of this painting.

wow, lady, you're really coming into your own! Fantastic stuff! :clap:

haaf
12-01-2004, 03:03 PM
Lisa..Thanks. I've bought Liquitex in 59ml tubes.
Londondeon..thanks , it makes me smile too, you know it's a bad photograph (the weather thus light is awful at the moment) they really are in a Zen like balance, thanks for the comments!(if the weathergods are cooperative tomorrow I'll post a new image )
Wayne..Thanks...but I really feel or see no separation( maybe it has to do with what the photograph has done to the colors..see above, as per yr suggestion I will try some this week, hope the reds are opaque enough.
Jerry..thanks, and agree with you totally, imo this is the strongest composition on paper so far, from far away it's a great abstract.
Asimo..thanks and I decided to have them around for a while as a kind of icon till I get bored with them, btw I know for sure you would love to work with these acrylics and on this big sheets of paper too.
Gilberte..and another feel good painting!... that's right and yes very fawlty :D thanks
Caroline ;)

haaf
12-01-2004, 03:07 PM
Dana ..oops we cross posted here, thank you very much
glad you think so, I had the feeling also this morning that this big one has--the feel --and the looseness --and freedom I was able to do easily in the small ones I started this summer.
Caroline ;)

Dhuot
12-01-2004, 03:48 PM
Caroline, you rock baby !!!! HA HA HA !!!

and you`re in a class apart...

Nicer and nicer

It`s growing on you. :clap:

blablabla blablabla blablabla blablabla...hey! I`ve got a plane to catch !!

earthbot1
12-01-2004, 03:52 PM
Lisa..Thanks. I've bought Liquitex in 59ml tubes.

Asimo..thanks and I decided to have them around for a while as a kind of icon till I get bored with them, btw I know for sure you would love to work with these acrylics and on this big

never enough of the dogs.
note to self...liquitex in 59ml tubes

haaf
12-01-2004, 04:00 PM
Hey Daniel have a great trip and lots of fun!
Caroline ;)

haaf
12-01-2004, 04:02 PM
Asimo
and that all on one yellow Post-it I guess?
Caroline ;)

Dana Design
12-01-2004, 04:10 PM
Oh, Caroline! This is just wonderful. Love the movement, the colors and the happiness, freedom of this painting.

wow, lady, you're really coming into your own! Fantastic stuff! :clap:

forgot to say......love those little boobies. :D

Artistanne
12-01-2004, 04:34 PM
I love this! The movement and color is fantastic...Caroline, your work is just great! :clap:

Tamana
12-01-2004, 09:56 PM
Ahhh. The unbearable lightness of being; or, Dirty Dancin' ;)

This is wonderful, Caroline. Everything about it; the composition, the palette, and the movement of the piece. It's the place inbetween child and adult, man & boy, woman & girl that's perfectly balanced within each other and enables the spirit to dance nakedly-bare-foot and madly upon a precipice without giving a damn what the world thinks.

Well done!

dornberg
12-01-2004, 11:42 PM
i like the rhythm of these shapes

chelista
12-02-2004, 03:59 AM
Bailarinas exóticas. ¡Y tan exóticas! Guau guau. :)

haaf
12-02-2004, 11:03 AM
Dana...... :D glad you appreciate them
Anne.. thanks and have fun with Daniel at the exhibit
Tamana..thanks darling for saying all this..much appreciated, It's good to have this feel...not giving a damn what the world feels..sometimes .I still like to jump in big rain puddles must admit (dressed though) my monkeys hate it when I do that.
Bob..thanks for the comment
Guy..El tipo sí, usted es Gracias absolutamente correcta para mirar y comentar, tienen un día agradable:D

Thanks all
Caroline ;)

Dhuot
12-02-2004, 01:53 PM
Is there something I don't know ??

:D

Tonight is Arcadia...soho :)

Maybe I'll see some of you !!