PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Street #6

wolvenp
12-01-2004, 09:54 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-01-2004/30122_kzFBUILDINGlibertystreety5_022.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Liberty Street #6
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 20x16
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Main consideration was color scheme. I thought orange overall with dk blue in the bus and car, but actually developed into overall red with the complementing green in the bus window.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
any.ps., the value contrast between the near vehicles and rest of ptg is not as great as shown in this photo.

Londondeon
12-01-2004, 12:06 PM
It is really a beautiful painting. Very sensitive and the limited palette makes it that way. I think that it is quite an accomplishment and you should be proud of it. I tried to look at it in a larger format to see the detail, but it is lost in the low resolution. I wanted to see what the circled item was. It wants to fit in as a vehicle in the background, but it is too dark to recede. I think it is some traffic item on the same line as the traffic lights, but I would remove it as it looks like some dark vehicle in the distance. Either that or make it look like the other traffic lights. It's a little confusing. Otherwise, it's perfect. :p

Londondeon

Wayne Gaudon
12-01-2004, 12:54 PM
Very nice Paul .. I agree with Londondeon on the value of that little square .. it does pop more than it should .. at least I think so.

Later,

Rabbit Twilight
12-01-2004, 01:02 PM
Excellent! Love your color scheme.

Andrew Rance
12-01-2004, 01:31 PM
This has an admirable simplicity - colours and composition are well suited. I would like to see a larger image, though.

Dana Design
12-01-2004, 02:53 PM
Paul, this is absolutely beautiful. Agree on the speck but other than that, the composition is perfect to me. I really love your soft city paintings. Makes me want to explore.

Moosehead
12-01-2004, 08:44 PM
I always enjoy your work. I like this one in particular.

Generally your paintings feel, to me, like they are just at the start of dusk, which is my favourite time of day.

Tamana
12-01-2004, 10:11 PM
Wonderful. Your photogenic portrayals are remarkable. Love the sepia-like tone on this one - very nostalgic...

wolvenp
12-02-2004, 12:23 AM
London, that object does look better in the real ptg. , like it is part o f the other street lights, which it is. Perhaps I need to make that connection better-make the wire a little more obvious, or chg value. I'll look at it again.
Moose, yes, that is the time of day. Everyone, thank you very much!