PDA

View Full Version : ****Daily Wash Wednesday December 1****

mr sandbanx
11-30-2004, 11:28 PM
Bye November.... it was interesting to say the least...

Well I barbequed a chinchilla tonight and guess what: I don't have a cold. So thanks whoever that was. Daughter is not to happy with the empty cage, but Brenda loves the new coat... so its almost a win win win situation.

Hoping Kevin has a successful operation and is back in the saddle soon! I hear rumours his horses are done, and trust that he had one more poem in him before he goes under the knife. (And how about this guy who says he does not do poems? Have we expanded his horizons or what?)

Heard from Jackie tonight she is having a bit of a tough go of it it appears but she remains as cheerful as ever. I wish I had her stamina. Think about her if you have a moment please.

Spritey fell off a ladder putting the Christmas lights up. Good thing she landed in the shrubbery. All is well, and she will be cheering me on this Thursday as far as I know.

My caddy, Malty go his hair cut... finally. It was just a bit embarrassing having him tote the clubs all over looking like Albert Einstein. But we do have the Caddy Appreciation Feast and Dance this weekend at the club... let the boys have the run of the place for one night a year we do. And he will make me proud I know. He usually wins the apple dunking and always shows well in the egg and spoon race...

Not much is happening here. Daughter is anxious to come home and has called twice tonight. She wants to see the horses more than anything. (Not ours, but the ones she rides).

Char I wonder if we live in the same province? You seeem to have totally different weather where you are... I thought swans were in herds? Or is it a brace. I will go with flock I spose.

Hope everyone has a great day... seeya

:wave: :wave:

raian
11-30-2004, 11:59 PM
Oooo, I am so excited that it is December. I have a bit of time off from work this month and I want to paint so bad I can taste it!!! Hoping to get a few paintings done during my holiday.

24 days left until Santa Claus comes to town... have you been naughty or nice??? ;)

Rod
12-01-2004, 12:11 AM
Hi All,

Me tooo, holidays at the end of this month . Will be great to close the shop for 3 weeks :)

Painting and tramping :)

Rod.

artmom
12-01-2004, 12:56 AM
:wave: everyone!

Well, today I become eligible for Medicare! My birthday isn't until later this month, but the government is letting me in to the program on the first of December! :cool: I guess I am really, officially a Senior Citizen! :eek:
They still card me in this town if I want a drink, though! :rolleyes:

Son John and DIL Melanie had a great time in New York City over the holiday. He sang in a massed choir performing Handel's "Messiah" in Carnegie Hall. He said the dressing rooms are really small! LOL He is back in Alabama, but will be home soon for the Christmas holidays.

Nice cards your patients did, JoAnn!

Sorry to learn of (((Barb's))) stroke. Best wishes to all others in the Waiting Room, the Sick Room, and the Recovery Room.

May your today be better than your yesterday.

Lyn

Uschi
12-01-2004, 01:06 AM
I have been busy painting and matting and packaging the little prints, so much so, that I am too hyped to sleep. So what do we all do when we can't sleep - go to the Wash, and there sure is a lot to catch up on just since the morning.

Just as well I am posting now since I won't have time in the morning. Gerri and I are heading to Ikea. Gerri will NEVER refuse an offer to go to Ikea :D , I am looking for little easles to show off my little prints once I have the stand at the market.

Is it today that Kev goes to the hospital?? If so, I hope the cold doesn't stand in the way and hope all goes extremely well with the knee!!! and hugs too!!!!!
Congratulations and wishing good health for Jo!
Welcome to Rosa!
Congratulations to your first Great Granddaughter Pearl - you must have been a child bride
Congratulations to Pat for her savy business dealings! Loved the joke!
Sylvia, I love beef and barly soup!
DOUG!!!!! Oh my God, that was short, or did time go that quickly. I was still looking for messages from you from the States. Nice to have you back!!!
JoAnn, the cards are wonderful!
Lulu, glad your knee is improving!
JJ - yes just on my printer, a Lexmark Z 35, using the ink I am supposed to use for that printer. Funny story about the printer - I kept using an ancient one that my son had rotting in his basement, saving money for a good one; son called and told me to immediately go to one of our stores (Canadian Tire), that was last fall, because they were selling this printer for $ 50 and it included the ink which cost over $ 80. It is doing a great job.
Gail, I thought the Quin Gold was only being stopped for the Golden Acrylics and not the watercolours????.
Bob - :evil: :D Wicked sense of humour :wink2:
Char - Curry's told me the same thing. When I was down in Hamilton last, the mamager there was lamenting that they were having terrible problems with the warehouse. They too are backordered on all sorts of things i.e. not a sheet of any kind of matboard left, no WN paper etc.etc. You'll have to get yourself a "Dave" camera with ZOOOOOOOOM to take clos-up photos of the swans.
Raian, reading your post makes me feel soooooo happy that I am retired. I can remember feeling just like you.
Hi Rod!!!
Chris, glad you snuck away from your responsibilities to pass on the news
((((((((((((((Jackie))))))))))))
((((((((((Patty)))))))))))))))))
Keeping you company Lyn! Oh dear, re Barb's stroke; reminds us that life is so fragile.
((((((((((((((Barb)))))))))))))

Well, good night and have a great day tomorrow!!! :wave: :wave:
Uschi

Lulu
12-01-2004, 01:08 AM
Evening all:)
Just back from the gym. Wasn't feeling great today, but I figured what doesn't kill me will cure me:D Had to do the exercises that the physio has given me to do anyway.
Had great delight to see a man on the leg press machine pushing LESS weight than I do!!! lol

Kev, all the best for the surgery. Hope your dose has stopped dwipping enough. Nursey hugs ((())):)

Chris, love your humour!

Raian, naughty, but he still visits ;)

Rod, don't forget to pack your uni!

Lyn, congrats on your eligibility! :) Wow, would have loved to hear that choir Lyn.

Off to put my feet up - having dinner cooked for me now.

:wave: :wave:

laudesan
12-01-2004, 02:00 AM
:wave: and :D to all above ...

I finished another abstract today. The Awakening.. (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2957131#post2957131) I really enjoyed this one.. Took me two days to paint it..
Pity the photo doesn't show the outline on the Entity and his eyebrow tho'.. ;)

Anyway.. Huge hugs for all those who are hurtung, and special thoughts too.

Christmas is coming and hoping you will all be well enough to enjoy it..

KEV.......Huge hugs honey, today IS the day ...right????

Huggles and good health

Roun2it
12-01-2004, 02:06 AM
Morning each,

Well still got a cold, but I slept last night and feel a little better, still taking the echinacea. How many ways can we spell this word, on the bottle it is spelt, echinacea, but must have seen 5 or 6 different spellings here.

Well 8 hrs to go and then of to the Manchester hospital, Cheshire, really it's posher, there. My op is tomorrow morning, 2nd Dec. Thanks all for the good thoughts and well wishes.

My thoughts are with Barb, hope all she makes a speedy recovery.

amaze_1101
12-01-2004, 03:35 AM
Dammit I HATE roses now! Just finished a third attempt at a commission and still I am not happy. Oh well as you say, it's December and there's plenty to look forward to. First official day of Summer for a start. The kids have about three weeks of school left before the hit the 6 weeks holiday. Oh Joy!

ROD where are you going to tramp these holidays? Used to do a bit of tramping myself and have done quite a few tracks about the South Island.

KEV thoughts with you for tomorrow.

I gotta go write a poem... bye! :wave:

Lulu
12-01-2004, 04:08 AM
Kev, how long will you be in hospital? Need to know when to get my pencils sharpened again :wink2:

Does anyone here know wetc member Brian Warner from Canada?? I haven't met him but I am having the pleasure of having him in our home on Friday.
He is in NZ for a couple of days?? and DrumbeatTrish is bringing him down from Auckland to see me. Looking forward to that.

laudesan
12-01-2004, 04:29 AM
I love my Grandkids to pieces..:D

We have just finished putting the christmas tree up.!!! :D Oh Joy is me these kids are soooo special.

In the box of decorations that I had given Tania last year and she gave back because thye weren't special enough I spose, were a couple Reece had mad for his on Mothers Day. They are gorgeous and proudly sitting on my tree and she is not getting them back ..:)

Reece is telling me he is going to make me some decorations and that he loves being at my house and that he had so much fun putting the tree up.. :D I am sooo happy :D

All this came about because Les rang and asked if we would pick the kids up from daycare and after school care as he was stuck in a meeting. He hadn't told Tania we were getting them, so I rang her and told her and said they were putting the tree up with me.. :D

She said fine you can bath and feed them too. Yiipppppppppppeeeeeeeeee I have then for a couple of hours.. :D

They are ready to get out of the bath now.

cya..

painterbear
12-01-2004, 04:30 AM
Good Morning all,

It is 4:15 a.m. in a blustery, damp morning here in southwest Ohio. Br-r-r-r, it sounds cold the way the wind is blowing through the trees outside our windows.

Wow, sorry to hear of so many who are ailing or aching today. Into the Recovery Room go Jackie, Patty, Barb, Kev (cause of his cold), and anyone else I've forgotten. Kev's booked into the Waiting Room as well because of his Op tomorrow morning.

Wishing a
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to GRANNY R if she is lurking. Hope you have a grand day.

Elaine, I saw your roses and they are really lovely. I can imagine you don't want to see another rose unless it is a real one for a while after doing three versions of this painting. LOL!

Weaving Hi :wave: to JJ, Lulu, Rod, Uschi, Raian, Chris, Lyn (I prefer the term "seasoned citizen" myself, LOL!).

Going out to do some shopping today. Our son's birthday is Saturday and we need to find something to take to him. It is so hard to shop for adult children because you don't really know what they have or need. Guess that's why stores make gift receipts, right?

Signing up for Nita's next session of watercolor classes that start in January this morning. It is first come, first serve for the 20 spots that are open in the class and it fills up fast, so I'll be there when it opens at 8:30, then its off to Kohl's. They are one of the few stores that carries tall sizes. DS is 6'4" and just buying XLarge doesn't hack it, need the extra length in sleeves and trouser legs.

Listening to the wind is appealing to something primitive in my blood. It is making me want to bundle up in my winter coat and go for a walk...but....it is raining and pitch dark so I guess I'll just stay here and look at the paintings in the Gallery.

Ta Ta,

Sylvia

laudesan
12-01-2004, 05:25 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNYR

i Sylvia..

Here is Reece and Elise under the Christmas Tree. They say they are my presents this year..
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Dec-2004/22284-Elise_Reece_and_Xmas_tree_2004.opt.jpg

Aren't they precious.. :D

Roun2it
12-01-2004, 06:49 AM
Kev, how long will you be in hospital? Need to know when to get my pencils sharpened again :wink2:

Five days to a week, I will be taking some painting stuff with me, who knows what will inspire me!

BobH
12-01-2004, 06:53 AM
Hi everyone

I was going to paint this morning, but stayed up too late and woke up too groggy. So instead I decided I would look at our finances. So right now I am buried in Quicken trying to figure out where the money is going. Here's my reaction so far :crying: :crying: . Jiminy Cricket, what a stupid thing to do first thing in the morning ...

Kev - hope all goes well in the hospital.

Forgot to tell Pearl last nite that her Great Granddaughter is beautiful!

I bought a new TV for our new place. I am having it delivered and am paying the extra to have them install it because it is a 32" TV, is very heavy and has to go in a niche above the fireplace. I've been having these extraordinarily interesting conversations with the delivery service. This is the Sunday evening conversation:
Delivery guy: "We can be at your house tomorrow between 12:30 and 2:00"
Me: "I'm working then. I teach school and if I leave as soon as school is over the earliest I could be home is 3:30. In fact, I can be home at 3:30 any day except Tuesday. Tuesday I can't get home until 4:30 at the earliest."
DG: "OK, let's plan it for 3:30 Tuesday."
Me: "I just said I can't be home at 3:30 Tuesday. Any other day, but not Tuesday."
DG: "Oh. What if we call you around 12:00 or 1:00 on Monday, could you be available then?"
Me: "I teach school! I can't just leave in the middle of the day!"
DG: "Oh. Well, I guess we'll have to call you tomorrow and try to figure out a time that is good."
Then there was Monday's conversation:
DG: "We can be there Tuesday between 2:00 and 3:00."
Me: "I told the guy I spoke to yesterday that I can't be home on Tuesday until 4:30 at the earliest."
DG: "You spoke to me yesterday" (!!!)
Me: "Well, I still have the same schedule!"
DG: "OK, let's schedule you for Wednesday at 3:30. I'll call you Tuesday evening to confirm."
Me: "Sounds great"
Tuesday's phone conversation: oh, that's right, there was no phone conversation on Tuesday.
I wonder what will happen today? :p

Yorky
12-01-2004, 07:26 AM
Morning all :wave:

Still feeling a little fuzzy, but we are off to Southport for some fresh air soon - should blow the cobwebs off :D

Best of luck with the hospital, Kev - hope you get the operation done nd it is a success. Nearly joined the kneecap brigade myself on Sunday. I tripped as I stepped over the child guard fence in the lounge and landed in a heap on the tiled kitchen floor. Luckily as I lay there getting my wind back, I found that apart from a sore knee and elbow I was unhurt :clap:

Sorry I was out of touch for a week, no PC, but we did have more time to spend with little Alexander. I'll post a picture later today after we return from Southport.

Fuzz has set in again :rolleyes:

BBL, Doug

droll13
12-01-2004, 07:59 AM
Good morning all,

It's fun to read of your Christmas preparations, not fun to read of those ailing.

A couple of days ago I mentioned the Exposure Bracketing mode on my camera and said I'd try it out. (As I understand it, exposure bracketing is useful in some situations, especially when your subject is backlit, as happens in sunrises & sunsets. The camera adjusts the exposure to the overall light, and your subject or foreground becomes a black silhouette because it's underexposed while the sky (in the case of a sunset/sunrise) loses the dramatic colors because it's washed out from being overexposed.) Exposure bracketing takes multiple (usually 3) pics of the same scene - one at the camera's best guess, one under exposed, and one over exposed. (None of these 3 pics by itself is very good.) But you can use your photo editing software to do some digital magic that combines a properly exposed subject/foreground with a properly exposed background/sky. I succeeded in following a PSP8 tutorial on this, using my own photo, and I posted a thread in the Photo Forum. For those interested, here is the link: Bracketing - a PSP8 manip of a sunset pic (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=233578). Maybe some of you will find this useful.

Here are some bird pics from yesterday morning's cold foray to the Bolsa Chica Wetlands Ecological Preserve.

1) This Snowy Egret looks like a hood ornament to me.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Dec-2004/23514-464-crop-01.jpg

2) I took a wide shot of 30-40 White Pelicans in the distance. When I looked at the photo, I saw these Brown Pelicans in somewhat of an action shot. This crop is better than my original wide shot.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Dec-2004/23514-444-crop-01.jpg

3) This Snowy Egret was shot using Exposure Bracketing and was the underexposed (too dark) version. I did my best in PSP8 to correct that.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Dec-2004/23514-477-adj-01-crop-01.jpg

Wishing you all a good day.

olliewood0702
12-01-2004, 08:43 AM
HAPPY HUMP DAY EVERYONE!!

Dave- Those pics are AWESOME!! :clap:

(((((((Barb)))))))))))
(((((((Kev)))))))))))) And anyone else who needs white light & hugs...

HELLO EVERYONE.

LOVELY pics this past week of everyone's Christmas decorations.

Yes, JJ...they CERTAINLY ARE PRECIOUS!! :)

I have to say I absolutely LOVE spending time with my two granddaughters also. They are the perfect example of "unconditional love."

I hope everyone has a GREAT DAY this December 1st and get your shopping, decorating, baking, etc started!! :D :p :rolleyes: :o

Little Old Lady
12-01-2004, 09:00 AM
Greetings :wave:
sorry to hear of
Just finished Grandson's High School Madrigal choir on TV. They were very good and of course he is quite a handsome teen ager!
Sorry to hear of so many who are suffering. White light and good thoughts to all!
Thanks for the nice comments on the cards. Hope to get some more after todauy's painting session. I will be selling them for $1.50 each. Taking some with me this morn to see if the staff is interested.
Be back later.
JoAnn

Starsprite
12-01-2004, 09:15 AM
Spritey fell off a ladder putting the Christmas lights up. Good thing she landed in the shrubbery. All is well, and she will be cheering me on this Thursday as far as I know.

LOL, yes I'm fine now..... thanks to the the huge bush below.... just a scrape or two. Should recover quickly. :)

You are a hoot Chris!! Glad Malty finally got his massive beehive hair cut. LOL :D

JJ... that pic of your grandkids under the Christmas tree is soooooo sweet!!! Would make a fantastic picture to put in your Christmas cards... or you could paint it.

Joann, I loved the Christmas cards you showed yesterday from the Alzheimer's patients. Very touching and I hope they sell well. I am sure they appreciate you very much. :)

Kev....I hope your operation goes well..... and cold gets better soon. I can just see you with a pallet and paint balanced on your stomach painting the Kev and Chris challenge for next week in the hospital. Good luck!!! :)

Great pics of the birds Dave!!!

To anyone I missed.... CRS has set in, sorry.
Have a wonderful day! :)

laudesan
12-01-2004, 09:26 AM
It is well after midnite here.. I am off to bed.. **..yawn..**

Dave, what awesome pics.. I will just have to sell a painting or two and upgrade to PSP8 looks like you have a lot of fun with it..

JoAnn good luck today.. WOW your Grandson was singing on TV.. :clap: I bet he is too handsome, look at his Granma!!

I was thinking about printing that pic onto my Chrsitmas Cards.. :)

**..yawn..**

I am off to bed.

:wave: and huge healing huggles to all..

CharM
12-01-2004, 09:41 AM
*hangin' onto my hat*

Good morning Washers... it's windy again... coming out of the NW and bringing snow flurries and rain...

Chris... isn't it a mystery??? The dividing line seems to be around Woodstock... everything East has an entirely different weather pattern than it does West of that area... even further SW, in Windsor who are affected by the Great Lakes, have different weather... Here in the dopey little Thames Valley, we live in a world of our own... LOL Glad that Brenda is enjoying her new coat... :evil:

Hi raian... I'm always nice... LOL... that's what I tell the kids anyway...

Three weeks is a nice holiday, Rod...

:wave: to our newest Senior Citizen... :D

Uschi... Ikea :envy:

Nurse Lulu... Feminist Lulu... LOL... stay well...

Sending all possible positive and healing energy to you Kev!!! When you sleep, you heal... don't forget to drink lots and lots of water...

I'll check out your roses, Elaine... I suspect they're beautiful...

I'll check out your latest abstract, too, JJ... grandkids are the best... nice pic!

Syl... my DH is xxxl and he has a lot of trouble finding clothes long enough to fit... good luck with your shopping...

Bob... I had a good laugh at your expense (hehehe)... DH and I exclaim the same thing at tax time... WHERE did all that money go???? sheesh... Then, I got a chuckle from your delivery woes... sorry... :D

Doug... when I read your post, I thought... *there goes his back*... glad to read you had no ill effects... glad, too, to have you back home safe and sound... patiently (NOT) waiting for pics of Alexander!

Dave... those are BEAUTIFUL pics... I love the third one! Your composition is really improving!!!

Hi JoAnn... please remember to post the next set... How neat to see your handsome grandson on TV! I hope you taped the programme!!!!

Sprite... you MUST be more careful... thank goodness you didn't hurt anything more than your pride... sounds like something I'd do... my middle name isn't *grace*... LOL...

:wave: Darla

Happy Birthday to Granny Ruth!!!

Healing light on its way to Barb and Dominic... good thoughts beaming to all!!!

Uschi
12-01-2004, 10:16 AM
So here I am instead of Ikea. It was raining hard here, but Gerri lives in the boonies about 45 min. drive from me and they had 4" of snow. While we were talking on the phone the rain changed to snow here too, so we'll go on a better day.

Dave - you are getting VERY clever with that camera!! That last (manipulated) shot is just fabulous!!!!!

JJ, wonderful photo of the kids! Yes, perfect for Christmas card!!!

Lyn - forgot to do :clap: :clap: about being an almost Senior Citicen. Do you get an automatic "old age pension" in the Staes too?? Don't forget to ask for senior discounts :clap: :D

Patty, glad you didn't get hurt!!!

Well, I better get productive. :wave: :wave: to Char and everyone else too!!!
Uschi
U

pampe
12-01-2004, 10:23 AM
Happy Wednesday, washers and washerette!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Granny!!!!

Hugs , prayers and light to all who are ailing

Lyn....Congrats for the milestone

JoA....I loved the cards...are they available by mail?

COLD and snowy here.....humbug

Painted all day yesterday and it felt wonderful...have a new wc started to finish today.

Dave....wonderful photos.

I am still organizing my UK photos.....unbelieveable....here's another peek:

Caerphilly, Wales
Aberystwyth, Wales

I KNOW I SPELLED THEM BOTH WRONG!!!!

Have a great day!!!!

mustcreate
12-01-2004, 10:38 AM
hello Washerbuds!!

just wanted to pop in and say hello :wave: I've been suffering a bit from emotional droopy drawers and have been in constant lurk mode. things appear to be looking up though :)

having a tough time getting into my latest painting....somehow every time I clean my desk off it gets piled up with papers again. I guess it's time for some filing ;) lol

I found a very realistic artificial palm tree (about 6' tall) and have wired green lights on the fronds and wound white lights around the trunk....it looks very caribbean festive in my living room :) :cool: but Ellen still wants me to put up the regular Christmas tree :wink2:

pretty much all done with Christmas gifts. My sister Carol and I are going away to Phoenix for a week and we get back the week before Christmas....I really don't want to be chasing around the stores then :eek: I am looking forward to some rest and relaxation and some fun with my sis :clap:

have to hit the treadmill soon and then some errands and hopefully some painting later this afternoon.

great photos in the Wash lately....thanks for sharing!!!

happy birthday Granny Ruth!!!

here's wishing speedy recovery to all who are ailing

hugs to all who need them

create!!

em

vasilkadifeli
12-01-2004, 11:12 AM
I haven't been here alot those last days... many hugs to all those who suffer and to all those that are going for an operation... couldn't read all the posts, just gave a quick look... so it's :

Lulu's knee...

Patty's fall (is that true)...

especially Barb's stroke...

I wish them a speedy recovery...

also it's Kev's knee operation (I guess a beautiful nurse will inspire you and do some sketches at the hospital :D )...

ofcourse Arnold's operation this Friday...

my thoughts and prayers will be with you...

happy birthdays to Granny R....

welcome back Doug :wave:...

wonderful Christmas tree JJ... is it going to snow on Christmas :D... I think I will decorate mine next week...

and hugs and kisses to all others too...

I am off now for a dinner with my girlfriend, just the two of us, to celebrate my birthday that was in Oct 15 :rolleyes:... bye for now ;)...

Ellen in Ont
12-01-2004, 11:17 AM
Happy December everyone :wave:
I am pretty much finished the shopping for gifts. But DH and I are picking up one for us this afternoon. Our computer is 4 years old and needed a new CPU. I told DH I was going to get a new one for xmas. The old one still works for what he needs however, (surfing the web, playing games) so he suggested getting a package deal and then we would have two computers (and I would stop accusing him of changing all my settings) :D So I get the new CPU and he gets the old CPU plus new LCD monitor, speakers, keyboard, mouse, combination scanner, photocopier, printer. Not sure who is getting the better deal. :rolleyes: I can't go with an LCD screen because it has no place for my cat to sleep while I am on the computer. :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Dec-2004/46258-computer_cat.jpg

Anyway, lots to do today. DH will be up soon (worked nightshift) and we are off uptown. No time to reply to everyone but best wishes to Kev for operation, and will BBL.
It is supposed to go to minus 21 tonight! I am going to put out some pots of water to make ice candles.
Oops, almost forgot todays xmas photos. Here is a shot of my family room bay window and a corner tree in our dining room.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Dec-2004/46258-window.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Dec-2004/46258-White_tree.JPG

droll13
12-01-2004, 11:36 AM
Gosh! Thanks (Darla, Patty, JJ, Char, Uschi, Pam, em) for the responses to the bird photos.

===================

Pam, you wrote:

"Caerphilly, Wales
Aberystwyth, Wales

I KNOW I SPELLED THEM BOTH WRONG!!!!"

Spell them? I couldn't even pronounce them! But the pictures are wonderful.

===================

I do little travelling, but seeing photos from all your home countries and travels makes me want to become a globe-trotter.

Granny R
12-01-2004, 11:50 AM
Well If I hadn't been steered over to the wash I wouldn't have known how many good wishes I am receiving today. Thank you one and all. It's nice to be remembered on one's special day. Aging is inevitable but maturing is a choice. I choose to stay young at heart even though these bones of mine groan reminding me that time is ticking. Ah well, life is good!! Have a great day everyone... enjoy the coaster ride til Christmas
Granny Ruth

Europa
12-01-2004, 01:46 PM
EVENING WASHGANGEROOS!!!

Well first of all

Happy Birthday Granny R - here's to many more!!!

Sending white light and hugs to Kev and Barb and anyone else who needs them.

Well very busy day today - picked up the rest of the office furniture and the lads set it up - our Liam is going back later to do some dusting and hoovering (well trained eh!!) Now we just have to sort out the internet connection and phone lines - been quoted anything from 260 installation to 75 - think we are going to go for an ordinary phone line then one of the cheaper broadband connections like Tiscali or NTL or something - just doing a bit of research on it.

We don't need a mega fast connection as it will be mainly for emails - I mean its not as if I will be logged onto WC during the day (Ahem!!)

Will be taking pics tomorrow - they have just had the big Christmas tree delivered for the foyer today - so will get a pic of that when it is up and running.

The guy to fix the windscreen was supposed to be coming today between 12 and 5 so Mum stayed in. Got a phone call -

The Man - I may not be able to make it today - can you take it to Warrington tomorrow

John - No I can't take it there - you can come here - that's what i pay for

The Man - well I can put you down for coming tomorrow afternoon or Friday

John - Errrrrrr no I don't think so - you come to us first thing tomorrow seeing as you should have been here today we are next in line

The Man - well I will have to see what they say - are you sure you cant go to Warrington

John - what part of No do you not understand - I want you here either today or first thing in the morning - i have a car off the road which is losing money and I have paid for this service on the insurance so I suggest you get your finger out and sort it.

The Man - I will ring you back

We wait patiently!!!....LOL.

K better go and put the tea on - DS will be home soon and starving methinks - TMTRTI so :wave: to everyone.

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

Love and hugs

Pat xxx

Fireman's kid
12-01-2004, 02:00 PM
Hi all! :wave:

I don't normally have time to make it to the wash, but wanted to come here and see if anyone had any reaction to the WC! ownership changing hands. If you missed the announcement, Scott just put it up today in the Site Announcements forum.

I admit I am a bit scared. I love Wet Canvas just the way it is and I would be crushed if it got changed or went away. Luckily they are saying that won't happen. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. In the meantime I am interested in your reactions.

As for the other daily topics...
Happy Birthday Granny R!! :music:
Best of luck Kev with your surgery.
Patty - glad you weren't hurt too bad!
Best wishes and white light sent to everyone else in the Sick Room.
And I loved seeing all the Christmas decorating pictures. It really gets me in the spirit of the holidays.

Well, I have to run and read to my girls (for homework) they are waiting not so patiently. :rolleyes:

Ottersong
12-01-2004, 02:18 PM
(((((((Barb)))))))), so sorry to about your stroke. Prayers and white light being sent for a full recovery.
Kev, same goes for you, and happy thatPatty was not seriously injured.
Hugs and white light light to all still in the sick and recovery rooms.

Went to the back surgeon yesterday in Seattle yesterday (phew, what a trip)
He gave me a clean bill of health but said it would take a year for a complete recovery so I guess plenty more PT *groan*.

Yes I read Scotts' notice about chang of ownership. Wishing him all of the best for his plans and a warm welcome to the new owner. Hoping things only change for the better. I love WC. Gotta run, work to do and need a short nap before PT.

Love Otter

Uschi
12-01-2004, 02:57 PM
:rolleyes: Well, well, change of ownership :crying: :crying: have to go and read up on it.

So I guess after that kind of news my little announcement of my little prints is little. :p I thought I'd show off with my accomplishments. This is just a very small sampling, I have about 140 of them. The stripes in the front are from the blinds.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Dec-2004/10602-little_prints.jpg

Going to read!! :eek:
Uschi

Uschi
12-01-2004, 03:20 PM
Way to go Otter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, building up all the muscles you lost over the years isn't going to be an easy task. Will probably be similar if and when I have a hip replacement operation. I have to ask you that question - would you do it again????

Re the announcement, all I can say is that I wish Scott all the very best for his career, life and good grades for his studies and to welcome Kerri! I think there are going to be exciting things in the future. I feel one day this is going to be very big, something in the back of my mind keeps saying, one of these days it will be a WC-bay :wink2: :D

Better get back to work, going for supper with one of my friends at 5:30.
:wave: Uschi

Yorky
12-01-2004, 03:23 PM
They look wonderful, Uschi :clap: :clap: :clap:

Change of ownership is exciting, Kerri the new owner sounds excited at the prospect of developing the site. I look forward to finding more about her aims. We should also take this opportunity to thank Scott again for all the time effort and inspiration into this site and wish him every success in his future career.

Doug

pampe
12-01-2004, 03:34 PM
USCH....are those Christmas gifts, Ebay items, or mine????? :evil:

keustice
12-01-2004, 03:39 PM
Thank you Uschi and Doug (Yorky) for the warm welcome!

I really appreciate your support and look forward to getting to know you all better and being an active part of the community.

Kerri :)

Flattwo
12-01-2004, 03:46 PM
Hi

It was a surprise to me that Scott was leaving!

I would like to thank him for all the work and effort he has put into the site in the past and wish him well in the future

I wonder if the membership fee will increase or that new fees will be introduced?

Kerri please excuse my bad manners... Hello, nice to meet you :) I wish you a happy and successful venture with Wetcanvas!

Flattwo

Uschi
12-01-2004, 03:52 PM
Thank you Uschi and Doug (Yorky) for the warm welcome!

I really appreciate your support and look forward to getting to know you all better and being an active part of the community.

Kerri :)

Oh Kerri, I am speaking for everyone here because I am sure they agree, we here at the Watercolour Forum are sooooooooo honoured. Your second post and it's to us!!! :clap: :clap: Although we love Scott and will miss him terribly, your arrival is very exciting!!!!
Uschi

madmum
12-01-2004, 03:59 PM
Hi everyone! :wave:

First, big hugs to Kev, Jackie and Barb. Hope Kev is well enough for surgery tomorrow.

Wow! Big changes for WC! Thank you Scott for creating this wonderful community, I can't imagine life without my friends here. I'm sorry you have to go, but I'm sure you leave us in very capable hands. I fully understand your reasons, and wish you all the best in the future.

Welcome Kerri! I can't wait to learn what you have planned! :clap:

Uschi, your prints are big news! They're sure to sell well! (I recognise the one on the bottom right :D )

Dave, FAB photos, you are getting the hang of that fancy-dancy newfangled camera of yours!

CRS has set in, but just remembered to wish GrannyRuth a very happy birthday! :clap:

Hugs

Ruth

Uschi
12-01-2004, 04:01 PM
Oh, gosh, I better turn my computer off FAST, but I forgot to say thank you to Doug and Pam, Thank You Doug and Pam!!!!! :D

Pam, this is for the child within, that has absolutely no desire for fame, just wants to have fun - wants a lemonade stand :confused: :rolleyes: So this is the adult's version of a lemonade stand LOL Greedy, you want all of them??? No doubt they will end up on eBay sooner or later - also a lemonade stand :evil: :D
Uschi

mustcreate
12-01-2004, 04:09 PM
I wish Scott and his family all the best. This site has meant the world to me and I for one sure do appreciate all of Scott's hard work.

welcome Kerri!! looking forward to getting to know you :)

Uschi you are so cute...lemonade stand!! the prints look terrific!! no wonder you've been having so much fun with them :)

em

Europa
12-01-2004, 04:09 PM
Sending lots of hugs to Scott and a big thanks for all his hard work and every success in the future and sending lots of other hugs to Kerri to welcome her here.

Pat

K12144
12-01-2004, 04:13 PM
Hello everyone! Wish I had time to respond to all but since I'm already procrastinating on the project I should've been doing for the past few days, well... :angel:

I've loved seeing all the pics everyone has posted over the past few days; I feel like I've been getting "dorm fever" in this teeny literally one-traffic-light town (my school's population is just over 1,000 and that's half the population of the town--this place halves during the summer!). Seeing all the pictures has been a way to travel from my computer (and the pet pictures have somewhat eased me missing my two kitties), so thanks everyone. Uschi, your little prints are looking really nice!

I guess I've got to join the ranks of those who are sick--my bf is just getting over a cold and I'm just getting into...something (could be a cold or perhaps just my usual winter sinus flare-up). I've had a sore-ish throat and last night it was really bad and I started getting stuffy. Yuck. Not a good idea for the week before exams! But at least most of my work is done, and I went to the health center here on campus today and got some throat lozenges which I know work pretty well so I'm all set.

As I said, I've been procrastinating on the rest--I have this procrastinating and then doing not-bad work at the last minute thing down to a fine art but I'm really trying not to this week. Of course I've mostly been procrastinating by doing research and making a list of art stuff I want to ask for for Christmas from the ASW sale page (have posted some questions on the technical forum so have a look...)!

Should probably run now and do some work so when bf comes by later and asks if I got anything done I don't have to say no and get that "great, you're going to do it at the last minute and get all stressed out" look. :(

:cat:

hopefulbucky
12-01-2004, 05:01 PM
Since I am at work, just a quick but heartfelt thank you to Scott for all he has done to make this site such a wonderful place to visit and to make new friends. Having met some of these friends in person I know what a wonderful place this truly is if it attracts such neat folks.

Welcome Kerri, I am sure that it will be fun having a new influx of ideas and probably a different way of doing things. You do have huge shoes to fill but I am sure you realize this. We will be so glad to get to know you.

Again, Thanks Scott. But am also glad to see that you are putting certain things first (family) then education and then your career. Good luck to you and keep in touch and let us know how things are going for you.

Ellen in Ont
12-01-2004, 05:35 PM
Just a quick peek between trips uptown. Thank you Scott for making this site possible. I have had more support from here than I have from my local art club because I only see then once or twice a month and here there are people happy to comment on my work 24/7. I know I will improve quickly with that kind of support. I am also making a lot of new friends with similar interests from all over the world. I don't know of any other place I could have done that. Best of luck with all your new endeavours. Welcome Kerri. I am sure everyone here can't wait to hear of your ideas for the site. I am sure they will only improve our experience. :D
Dave - my camera is supposed to do bracketing as well. I guess I better learn how to use it :D
Happy birthday Granny R
Uschi - those prints are wonderful
Hugs and white light to everyone who is ill.
DH is waiting... gotta go.

Little Old Lady
12-01-2004, 06:22 PM
Not sure if I should really thank Scott for creating a site that is so addictive! It really a wonderful chance to meet many cyber friends around the world. Thank you!
Welcome Kerri and good luck with the the things you have planned.
JoAnn
Prints are great Uschi :clap:

artmom
12-01-2004, 06:46 PM
Kerri, I see you got the invitation!! :wink2: Welcome to the forum.

Uschi, great prints! :D

Again, JoAnn, a great portrait of Kate's Dan! For those who haven't seen it, you might want to check it out.

Great pics in the WASH lately. Love the great-grands, grands, and the fan-dang-tas-tic pic of the snowy egret in particular!!! Dave, you da man!

:wave: to all who posted after I visited last!

Lyn

maltman
12-01-2004, 07:14 PM
Glad Malty finally got his massive beehive hair cut. LOL :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Dec-2004/48302-maltmanSTEINcopy.jpeg

Always thought my Einstein look was kinda sexy!

You had to ruin my dream!

Nacre
12-01-2004, 07:25 PM
Big thank you to Scott for creating a wonderful site and good luck for the future.

Welcome Kerri, looking forward to see what you have in mind for us.

Malty ... Have been wondering where you have been hiding . Miss your humour. :) love the hair. :D

Fireman's kid
12-01-2004, 07:26 PM
It was good to get everyone's feel on the new ownership. Hope my dislike of change in general didn't make me sound unwelcoming. My nervousness about it obviously has nothing to do with Kerri personally (especially since I don't know her at all :D ). It's just that in the last few months I feel like I have finally had time to get to know this place and I would be sooooo sad if I lost it and all of you. Scott has done such an amazing job with WC. It's a great, supportive place chock full of information. Thank you Scott! :clap:

Anyhow, I will join in this optimistic bunch in looking forward to more and even greater things! :) Welcome Kerri! :wave:

Uschi, I love all of your prints. How impressive to have them all laid out like that. You are a very productive lady.

Otter, congrats on your good news! Glad you are on the mend, but sorry to hear there is more PT needed ahead. I've heard PT isn't too much fun. :rolleyes:

laudesan
12-01-2004, 08:09 PM
Oh.......Oh......... Scott...........Gulp...........leaving.............:crying:

I will read up why in a mo'.

WElcome Kerri, I sure hope in your changes for this awesome site you keep the "family" atmosphere we all have going.

I have met over 30 new and wonderful friends in real life through wet canvas and I truly love this place and all my new friends cyber and real!!!!!!!!

jageo
12-01-2004, 08:09 PM
[quote] JA!!! What a nice surprise!!! We've missed you, girl! Are you all settled in??? Did you come to Windsor and not tell me??? We need info young lady... you've been away too long!!! [quote]

Char, thanks for all the exclamation marks :o
I did go to Windsor at the very end of June, and drove from London to Sarnia then to Windsor. I did think of you when stopping at the 4-way in Paincourt. <grin> - I imagined that i was closest to you at that point. It was my parents' 50th wedding anniversary, and a surprise that all seven kids came home (even my brother from Australia). My time was not my own, as I'm sure you can imagine. I didn't even see any of my high school friends, barely even saw the neighbours. :(

Yes, I'm *in* the new house, but I would not describe it as 'settled in'. i ran out of cash to replace all the yucky, old furniture so many rooms are still rather empty, books on the floor, no curtains anywhere, that sort of thing. Oh well... plenty of time to fill everything up. :)
Besides the guest bedroom, my studio is the only finished room. :) I have my piano, sewing machine, drawing table and I built a window bench with a comfy, tall back so the cats and I can sit up and read, or lie back in the sun and look out at the pond. I painted the walls in a light terra cotta wash. It gets a little 'orangey' in the full sunlight(south facing), but I highly recommend the 'wash' effect. There is so much soft, soft, movement/texture on the wall you can stare at it and daydream for ages. :D And it was really easy to do too.

Patty (Starsprite) thank you for uploading that photo for me in yesterday's wash. I worked on it last night. I have done many horses since they were my 'first love' as a young girl. It felt good to draw/paint them again. I must remember that feeling and get myself back into the creative habit by working the subjects that always made me happy. Thanks again, it was a great kick!

JA

Christie
12-01-2004, 08:40 PM
JA, nice to see you again! Your bedroom sounds lovely!:)

Sorry to hear that Scott has had so many pressures recently and I am hoping that the site remains as friendly as it is now. It sure seems like it will. I was glad to see that Scott will try to come around and post some stuff when he finds time to paint.

Had a very busy day and I am going to crawl into my bathtub and then go to bed. My brain is FULL of computer server information so I hope I can shut it off to sleep!:D

Take care.

laudesan
12-01-2004, 09:13 PM
So sorry to read that Scotts Father has passed away, I didn't know that.

I tried to find somewhere to add my condolences and best wishes for the future, but can't find the appropriate forum..

Keri didn't say what medium she works in????????

Lovely Photos' Pam aaaaaaaaah the memories..:)

What is my Marmaduke doing sitting on your monitor Ellen..:D Loving your pics..

Uschi what gorgeous prints, move over Pam I want them, or a couple anyway..:D How much are you selling them for???

Em sorry to hear you are offcolour, hope you pick up soon. Drink water all day long.. :D I can vouch for that.. I have been drinking water instead of tea all day and boy do I feel more perky..:) actually drink more water than I did the tea too. It really does flush out the nasties..

Hi Vasil, how is your wrist????????

Pat isn't that the pits.........................grrrrrrrr.......... same thing happens here too, service is just not what it used to be. AND insurance jobs, the service provider looks at it in the respect is getting a freebie, (he doesn't think about the premiums you have to pay) so he muckes you around. They HATE insurance jobs too as it is the pits getting paid from the Insurance companies..

KEV.. I guess the op is over now. Hugs for a quick recovery even tho' you can't read this, someone will tell you..:)

Otter, hang in there ......12 months will go so quick and you will be up and running again kiddo.........

Malty where ahve you been.... Are you ill?????????

Huge Huggles everyone..

WOW. Just looked at the exchange rate between Canada and Australia only 5. cents difference, so the US $ must be pretty good too. Methnks I just might get the credit card out and go shopping..:D

Cathie Jones
12-01-2004, 10:15 PM
Sheeeesh . . . don't you hate it when you lose a long post???? Oh, well -

JJ - and everyone else - there was a "Thank You Scott" thread going in the Cafe Guerbois forum earlier today - it should still be there - take a look.

It is a shock to be losing Scott, but I'm sure Kerri wouldn't have jumped in without throroughly checking out the site, and us - and you can't miss the family atmosphere that makes this thing work.

Uschi, your print display is absolutely gorgeous! Makes me want to paint a flower - I've been working with pencils for 6 weeks now and I'm starved for color.

See y'all later . . . xoxoxoxo

laudesan
12-01-2004, 10:18 PM
I shall check out the Cafe now.. :)

AND.......

I miss your paintings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keustice
12-01-2004, 11:48 PM
I wonder if the membership fee will increase or that new fees will be introduced?

Flattwo,

I am sure this is a question that many members will have. I want to reassure everyone that everything you can do now, post, do projects, read free content, visit the reference gallery, will all be freely available forever.

Kerri

vasilkadifeli
12-02-2004, 12:54 AM
Just left this place to go out for dinner yesterday evening and when I came back in the morning I learned there is a takeover :rolleyes:... well, all I can say is many thanks to Scott for creating thist wonderful place :wave:, and a warm welcome for Kerri as the new owner of wetcanvas :wave:...

Hi JJ, thanks a lot... my wrist has healed... its only sometimes in the mornings (probably from the immobility during sleep) and at very extreme motions that I feel some slight pain deep inside... may be in time it will pass completely...

Now off to go for the hospital to get my ultrasound report of my thyroid I made yesterday morning... the radiologist is a friend of mine and yesterday told me there is nothing to fear... two years ago there was a small cyst of 4x3 mm but this time he couldn't spot it...

laudesan
12-02-2004, 12:57 AM
Woo - Hoo........that is good news for both your wrist AND your Thyroid..

So you are fighting fit?? Right?? :D

vasilkadifeli
12-02-2004, 01:04 AM
"fighting fit" ? didn't get that but if was about being fit, I am sure I have to start a diet asap to lose a lot of weight :rolleyes: :( ...

laudesan
12-02-2004, 01:17 AM
"fighting fit" ? ...
adjective in excellent health.