PDA

View Full Version : first painting

nohojo
11-30-2004, 06:08 AM
this is my first painting, (acrylic on canvas). i've only been painting for a few months, and as an insomniac it makes me feel good to actually have something to do besides staring at the cealing. I had this posted in the acrylics forum, a memeber suggested i should post it in this forum. Kind of a self portrait with an x-girl. I call it White Wedding. Comments are welcome.

lensman
11-30-2004, 06:20 AM
Very good. All the more so since it's your first painting. Keep it up.

What size is this piece? On canvas?

By the way, I would call it 'Blue Wedding' but that's just my interpretation...

Glenn

ArtistJensen
11-30-2004, 06:25 AM
This is really good. And it's your first painting. You got a very good expression. Please post more of your works.

nohojo
11-30-2004, 06:31 AM
Very good. All the more so since it's your first painting. Keep it up.

What size is this piece? On canvas?

By the way, I would call it 'Blue Wedding' but that's just my interpretation...

Glenn thank you much, the piece is 16"x24". White wedding just meaning that it's the total opposite of the traditional happy day. So i guess Blue Wedding would be just as fitting. thanks

Tamana
11-30-2004, 07:54 AM
:eek: I thinks we cawl them thar weddins' "shotgun'uns" down he'yah in tha sowuth. ;)

The negative emotion portrayed is an interesting contrast to the floral placements...like angry bugs territorial of their petal space.

pearlgirl
11-30-2004, 08:15 AM
I really like the way this portrays a wedding that is not wholehearted.
The male is focused on the flowers...the female on the male. The irony abounds!
So glad you posted here and I hope to see more of your work. A big welcome to our forum.

ThurmanHubbard
11-30-2004, 08:13 PM
This work captures my mood at my first wedding perfectly. Great composition and colors. Please keep posting here.

MountainSong
12-01-2004, 12:00 AM
Excellent Irony.
Welcome to the forum. :D

shinobi
12-01-2004, 04:20 AM
Only been painting a few months? Wow! If this is your first, I'd say you are going to be one to watch for in the future.
Great work! I really liked "Drunkfellas" too!

nohojo
12-01-2004, 05:34 AM
Only been painting a few months? Wow! If this is your first, I'd say you are going to be one to watch for in the future.
Great work! I really liked "Drunkfellas" too!thank you much, the words are very motivating and i do appreciate them very much. -joey

nohojo
12-01-2004, 05:41 AM
I really like the way this portrays a wedding that is not wholehearted.
The male is focused on the flowers...the female on the male. The irony abounds!
So glad you posted here and I hope to see more of your work. A big welcome to our forum.thanks pearlgirl, it was your idea to post in this forum..it's interesting to read each persons interpitation of it, there is however a back story to it. thanks again, -joey

ronin
12-01-2004, 04:15 PM
great expression and strange hues. great job. if i were to nit pick i would tell you to dig in to a little darker shadow areas in their faces. oh and the drunkfellas is a riot! :p

themanda
12-01-2004, 04:46 PM
you must sleep less and paint more. :D

excellent work on this.

ejfarrae
12-03-2004, 10:06 AM
"like angry bugs territorial of their petal space." that is great tam. i've been in a few relationships like that i think. lol.

very cool painting too.