PDA

View Full Version : untitled

rserra
11-29-2004, 08:50 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/11-29-2004/51815_DIGITAL_PICTURES_141.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: untitled
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Linen
Dimension: 32x40
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This piece was created ala prima, using molding paste and acrylic applied by hand and textured by various brushes. The actual relief/texture is probably more prounounced in the original. I have a new digital Olympus 8080CW 8 megapixel camera, but have no clue on how to take the pictures. So consider accordingly.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I am self-taught and want to go bigger, and have on occasion. I am struggling with style. I know via Richter I don't really have to have one, but some cohesiveness is necessary, yah?

haaf
11-30-2004, 05:33 AM
I like the green edge, in doubt now if that's a part of the painting
Caroline ;)

Esmeralinda
11-30-2004, 08:46 AM
Hi
Could you tell me a little about your inspiration for this painting. I'm more a realistic artist, so difficult for me to comment. I see 2 complementary colours and lots of texture.
E. :(

MarkMark
11-30-2004, 09:55 AM
I think you are doing well. I like the fact that you are using texture in the paint by building out from the surface. My comments would be that the orange in the painting is perhaps just a little dominant. I cant help feeling that if you had added further colours to this or scrapped some of the orange back to the purple colour below it might have added more interest.
At the moment the orange predominates. By all means go larger, you can only go on by moving forward.

Tamana
11-30-2004, 07:59 PM
I really like the texture in this; and the orange too. You should study Rothko's work if you haven't. I think you'd really enjoy him.