PDA

View Full Version : Winter...Looking Back WIP

sugar tree gal
11-29-2004, 07:33 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/11-29-2004/15639_Picture_136.JPG

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Winter...Looking Back WIP
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 16x20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Well I painted this in about 30 min.. so I have a feeling it will be ok... have to wait until I can get in there and put in the people..

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
anything

bluemagoo
11-29-2004, 08:48 PM
the snow looks a little grey or metalic. but maybe its the flash.
when ever you put in people. they become the subject/focal point so
be careful where you put them.
take a larger photo.
500 pixels wide to post.if you can.
nice entrance into painting with the creek. i would vary the lines so its not a pure straight shot [maybe jet out a bank] on the left ya now.. zigzag a little.
just my opinion.
nice christmasy painting.

Esmeralinda
11-29-2004, 09:31 PM
I find the colours a little difficult to see maybe because of the flash.

I would open wider the river in the foreground to give a better perspective and zigzag my way to the background as Bluemagoo suggested. I don't think the tree should be in the right corner out of the canvas.

The sky and the general composition are very nice.
I hope this is helpful. :)

Linda :wave:

sugar tree gal
11-30-2004, 12:51 PM
Thanks Melanie, and Linda for the comments....Yes, the flash makes it look a like I have painted on sheet metal..ha..it was very wet, yes I will place the people and animals in somewhat the same places I did in the Fall painting.. and yea,....see it now the stream needs some fixin' Thanks.. :) Janice

sugar tree gal
11-30-2004, 12:52 PM
Oh yea, I did set it on 500 pixal..

Tamana
11-30-2004, 08:08 PM
Beautiful beginning; your winter scenes are always magical, especially at night when the stars are playing in the snow.

Mikey
11-30-2004, 09:12 PM
Hi Janice, you've got a nice little earner here and well done. What you do has an ever popular appeal. It's not that I'm jealous, I'm just wondering how you do it. :)

Mikey

sugar tree gal
12-01-2004, 10:09 PM
Tam, Mikey.. Hate to tell you this, but I have really messed this thing up.. Never paint when you are mad or you will make a mess... So I will let you see what did.... :o Janice

Tamana
12-01-2004, 10:15 PM
You're bringing it to life. Don't give up on it yet.
I see the man in the moon...

Mikey
12-01-2004, 11:57 PM
Hey Janice, getting mad has given you a lot more boldness. If you could get that whilst being happy I'd like to see what happens. I don't think you've messed it up, so let's see what you make of it.

Mikey

Esmeralinda
12-02-2004, 11:15 AM
Janice,
Sometimes when I'm mad my emotions come out better on canvas ! But not all the time. I think your emotions came out very nicely this time. Please don't give up. I like the addition of warm colour and the zigzagging. :clap:
Linda

earthbot1
12-02-2004, 12:49 PM
you've just opened up more possibilties..

sugar tree gal
12-02-2004, 07:40 PM
Oh my wonderful friends at WC... I think any one of you would have recognized my mood here! Thank you so much for your support.. Mikey.. You might be right I went at that canvas like a demon :evil: Love all of ya' Janice

shirleyq
12-03-2004, 12:33 AM
Janice, Don't be afraid of emotion when you paint! It leads to looseness and some wonderful discoveries. You have a lot of talent that strong emotion may unleash if you will let it. :) Keep going, my friend and see where you can go. :)

sugar tree gal
12-03-2004, 11:56 AM
Shirley, Thanks.. sometimes it takes a lot for me to show my emotions.. Guess that comes from being a nurse so many years... but when I do look out!! I am trying something will post it later... it has to do with my brother being murdered...years ago... There is a rage in me over that, that I don't know how it would come out in a painting... Thanks my friend :) Janice