PDA

View Full Version : Time after time

Tamana
11-29-2004, 08:47 AM
Oil on paper

Some people enter your life and teach you how to stand up and look above and beyond certain things to what's really important; Art & Love. My Muse is one. Thank you, MagPi.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Nov-2004/18021-I_will_be_waiting...jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Nov-2004/18021-...time_after_time.jpg

As always, all looks, feelings and words appreciated.

Have a GREAT Monday all!

ordie4
11-29-2004, 08:51 AM
nice texture....
that is only oils?

themanda
11-29-2004, 12:23 PM
you always get me with those greens, girlfriend. :D you know, though...i'll have cyndi lauper stuck in my head all day now.

Serenitee
11-29-2004, 02:18 PM
**Big Sigh** of Enjoyment. LOVE IT! The color composition and relief are wonderful.

I'm a newbie to the Abstract Forum...Hello to all.

MountainSong
11-29-2004, 03:40 PM
WOW Tamana! I really, really like this one. The emotional feel of it, the composition, the paint handling and color choices - Everything!
Excellent Job Girl! Be Proud :D

ThurmanHubbard
11-29-2004, 04:30 PM
Those colors are just awesome, and the composition very nice as well. I'm going to have to break down and try some oils sometime. Beautiful work :clap:

Tamana
11-29-2004, 08:41 PM
Hey guys, promise I'll come back and pick you each up with a personal response (kinda on the fly and want to get to some art etc.) but I just HAD to show you these. Late this afternoon when the sun was going down I happened to glance over and it was shining on this one (which happens to be hanging on the drying board)...and it just struck me as so beautiful -- so I raised the blinds and took a pic of them in the sun. I didn't think the original I posted showed enough of the paintworkings and details of them anyway.

They're quite beautiful (to me (shockingly so in the sun)) in their meek humbleness, contentment and serenity compared to all the jeweled arrogance and power the world tries to offer. Don't you think?

Ahhh Love and Art. Art and Love. Is there any difference?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Nov-2004/18021-My_Basket_of_Flowers.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Nov-2004/18021-My_Sun_and_Moon.jpg

MountainSong
11-29-2004, 08:59 PM
*GASP!*

It also hit me who they all are, and on which day you posted them - excellent. :D

muchfoolishness
11-29-2004, 09:25 PM
jeweled arrogance
:confused:

chandlerjr
11-30-2004, 12:05 AM
Tam,
Nice composition and powerful choice of colors. You have been turning out some nice work!
Larry C.

pearlgirl
11-30-2004, 08:03 AM
Boy oh boy...I wish I knew what MountainSong gasped at. I've been racking my mind for what might have happened 29 Nov in history. and absolutely ZIP comes to mind.

SO...your latest,
A wonderful expression of duality.
Love the colour break in composition.
Your white line work works terrificly against the 'jewelled' black outlined figures.
It truly amazes me how you have almost instantly managed to capture your "speckled" effect in oils. I lovedt he effect in your pastel work and love it in your oils.

Love the depth, vibrancy and emotion I feel when looking at your work.

ArtistJensen
11-30-2004, 08:15 AM
Tamana
EXCELLENT. I REALLY LOVE THIS WORK!
Expressive and beautiful. Excellent colorpallette and structure.

debbi_carr
11-30-2004, 12:40 PM
this is beautiful Tamana.

Tamana
11-30-2004, 08:25 PM
Gosh guys, your responses are overwhelming to say the least. I appreciate every one of you and the time you shared to express how you felt. Mean so much to me.

o4: Yes Sir. 100% oils cept for a tad of sumi linework. Thanks for commenting. Always appreciate your take.

Manda; was just telling someone somewhere that Green's my Lover and he spoils me with color. ;) Hey that's a bad song...a good one to have in your head, no?! :p

Serenitee; Welcome to the basement. Great to have you down here. Thank you for LOVING it. I DO so appreciate that muchly -- and the time you took to share it.

Songbird; Thank you, girlfriend! Appreciate you noting the emotional aspect of it. Really trying to delve into that via color. Have the best teacher so if anyone can achieve it it's me. :D Thank you muchly for the encouragement.

Michael; I don't know either, but I think it's something like: "All that glisters is not gold."

Larry; Wow! Straight to the point! Must be a good one! Appreciate the comment about the work, Larry. Been really inspired as of late and just trying to capture what my heart feels on paper so I'll always remember it. You know how that goes -- it's much deeper than a photographic image. It's a piece of your heart. A tangible form of the feeling you felt and emotion you can touch. Thanks again. :)

Pearl; DON'T feel lonely!!! I really have no idea what she's referring to either!!! I was like..."Okay! What's art and the world gone and done now!!?" I'm used to, and LOVE the surprises they give me. :) I HOPE SHE TELLS US!!! HINT HINT!!! Thank you SO MUCH for the comparision to my OP's -- which will always remain my first love, BTW. I'll never forsake them. Just getting the feel with oils so I can integrate the two at some point the way I want. I was comparing the difference myself yesterday -- I do hope I'm getting a bit closer to where I was with OP's.

THANKYOU as always, from my heart, for commenting on the emotional aspect of my work via the colors. MEANS SO MUCH TO ME!! It's EXACTLY what I'm going for...hopefully one day. Thank you, appreciate you SO MUCH. :)

Jensen: EXCELLENT is an EXCELLENT word to hear about your art!!! Expressive and beautiful ensuing is the icing on the cake!! Thank you so much for taking the time to express that! :) Appreciated.

Miss Debbi C; We don't see the world as it is, but as we are. ;) Thank you, ma'yam. Love ya.

Thanks again, everyone.
~