http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/11-29-2004/18021_Bedroom.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/11-29-2004/18021_aini.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Bedroom
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Oil
Surface: Board
Dimension: One night
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
I think the title's very original. You?

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:

earthbot1
11-29-2004, 10:08 AM
very tidy room...reminds me of that v gogh painting. the asian book and flower are welcoming.
the room seems empy, but is warm and full of life.

haaf
11-29-2004, 10:50 AM
WHOAAAAAAAA
I agree (for the first time this week) bedsheets should be white and crispy:D

Caroline ;)

Spyderbabe
11-29-2004, 01:06 PM
Tam - could your bedroom really be this neat!??

katelynalain
11-29-2004, 02:26 PM
hi!
that is one expansive bed!!! i really am enjoying this one and i'm also reminded of van gogh's bedroom..i think i would like to see a more clear definition of space to the left of the bedpost (that white/pink area)..right now it melds and gets a little lost..but maybe its reflection. i also wonder about the clarity and detail of the little red book (or box) and some of the other objects as they are handled differently than the rest of the painting..i love the subtlety of the flower!! great job.

Gilberte
11-29-2004, 03:57 PM
Mademoiselle sleeps in silk sheets does she ? In a limousine bed ? Of course I'm forgetting you live in America :cat:

YEP ! the title is very original and ... very inviting !
What's in that magic box or book ?
Zen ? Feng Shui ?

LisaArt
11-29-2004, 04:10 PM
Hi Tam, I like how you created the long shape of the room here with the texture. The long bed and other objects draw me in.
Like your colors here. beautiful green. An Aisan feel to this bedroom.

sugar tree gal
11-29-2004, 07:49 PM
Happiness is having this bedroom...Love it Tam... one of your best me think! :) Janice

Artistanne
11-29-2004, 09:12 PM
Interesting how we all react differently to the same work...I feel sadness/loneliness when I look at this...I like the piece very much, but that's the mood I get from it...lovely work as always Tam.

Esmeralinda
11-29-2004, 09:58 PM
Hi Tamana,
I especially like your brush strokes and the addition of the yellow flower. I also saw a dress first instead of a bed. And many other stuff on the walls, front table and asian book...is it my imagination ??
Maybe check the angle of the left side desk ?? if you think it's important for perspective.

Your painting makes me feel good when I look at it. :)

Linda :wave:

Dhuot
11-30-2004, 12:47 AM
Tam What a NICE suprise...

I bet she left the bedroom to fly away to meet/join him...huh??

Am I right ????!!!!!!

NYC
St-paul de v...
London

:D

takeshi iwasawa
11-30-2004, 01:27 AM
Hello Tamana, I like the rough brush-stroke and bold composition. :wave:
Its good to avoid painting details when painting a bed-room :D

MarkMark
11-30-2004, 09:39 AM
My only comment would be that there is not enough feeling of space between the bed and the floor and subsequently the two tend to meld together.
A slightly cooler tone to the floor may give you that distance.

Tamana
11-30-2004, 07:49 PM
Wow, guys, thanks! Appreciate all the support & encouragements!

very tidy room...reminds me of that v gogh painting.

! Thank you, Asimo. :) I think the Asian culture as a whole are more more balanced and peaceful within themselves than the Western. There's such an oppression here that I've been told I won't feel until I leave from under it. I for one, believe them. It's amazing what one tiny yellow flower can do for an entire room, isn't it? Thank you again; you're appreciated.

Caroline: lol!! I love cotton, especially line-dried sheets. ;)

Kathleen; Absolutely! There would be no room to walk if it wasn't. ;)

Katelyn;

i'm also reminded of van gogh's bedroom..

! Thank you, Katelyn. Your point about the clarity is well taken and adjusted as we speak. Some things are more special than others to me; thus the clarity. Glad you noticed the little flower too. :) Thank you again.

Non Madame!!! Mademoiselle sleeps in simple cotton! (Amid a White STRETCH Limosine, Madame! ). The title is in the box, Madame!! Thank you for looking and saying always. Appreciate you so much. :)

Lisa; Thank you for looking and saying! Like that you sense the Asian feel - minimalistic and simple. Glad you like the Green; He's my Lover and spoils me with color. ;)

Janice; What a sweet thing to say!! I appreciate that so much, and you too. Thank you. :)

Anne; You're right; emptiness can seem lonely can't it? I'm very much glad you like her. :) Appreciate your comments and view always.

Linda; Thank you for those lovely words and the time you shared to express them. Not your imagination, no ma'am. Your suggestion has been noted and adjusted as we speak. I'm glad it made you feel good...that makes me feel good. :) Thank you, again.

Daniel; Or maybe she's painting her dreams? LOL you and your London!!! :p Thank you always, Daniel. You make reading and responding fun. Appreciate you and all your words too, as always. :)

takeshi iwasawa: Thank you!! And...LOL!!!! ABSOLUTELY!!! :cool: I appreciate your comments muchly. :)

MarkMark; You know I had not even noticed that until you pointed it out. I appreciate that; noted and adjusted by adding a light wash of yellow ochre. Think it took care of it. Thank you for taking the time to comment and suggest. I like suggestions -- I like to see through the eyes of others. Might not always agree, but I always appreciate it. :)

Thanks again everyone for your time, words, support & encouragement. Thankful for you each. :)