PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping.....Dreaming......Desire

ronin
11-29-2004, 12:21 AM
Oil on canvas. 20" x 40" comments - crits welcome. Hope everyone had a nice holiday. :D

reynolds
11-29-2004, 12:32 AM
reminds me of zotma a bit...
you certainly captured my attention with the
title and i thank you for it.
this is dreamy and fun.
reminds me of the place just before sleep.
the colors really work for me too.
and of course the eyes :D

ronin
11-29-2004, 12:38 AM
yeah i can see the zotesque influence....funny how that got in there. anyway thanks for the kind words....glad u like. i was all kinds of sick of this one. couldnt put it to bed. :p

MountainSong
11-29-2004, 01:42 AM
Fascinating, original feeling imagery.
Great flow, movement and color coordination.
Floating, dreaming, familiar yet alien.

Lynxes123
11-29-2004, 01:49 AM
I really like the shapes, flowing lines and colors in your painting Ronin. :clap:

ArtistJensen
11-29-2004, 04:30 AM
Fascinating, dreamlike, exciting work. I love your style.

Tamana
11-29-2004, 08:16 AM
reminds me of zotma a bit...

Rooooonin....

I totally agree -- looks like you're headed in a great direction (not that you already weren't, mind you)! The application is fluid and the palette is great! Unique design...horizontal as sleep, distorted reality as a dream, flames as desire.

Well conveyed.

My holi'daze' were terrific! Hope yours were too.

themanda
11-29-2004, 12:24 PM
this is wonderful. it looks like it's been painted with velvet. very rich and textured, but so soft and ethereal. i'm sure the photo doesn't do this piece justice; i'd love to see it in person.

ronin
11-29-2004, 11:00 PM
thanks all for the nice words. i was really struggling with this one. i wanted to quit but then i just kept pushing and then boom it was done.

the title refers to one who desires and therefore is asleep..... a willing participant in the dream. its always interesting to see how others perceive a piece.

chandlerjr
11-29-2004, 11:55 PM
ronin,
Very well crafted Surrealistic piece of art. Amanda--we must be on the same wave length tonight--took one look at the painting and said this is "rich" in color. It also has an interesting fluidity to it. Masterful job!
Larry C.

P. S.--isn't it a little cold in the Antartica for oil paint?
L.C.

muchfoolishness
11-30-2004, 12:09 AM
really good work
i love the contrast of the foreground background
not only the colours but the treatment
the cold airyness of the background
vs the warm liquidity of the figure
and the concrete details of eye and mouth
everything floats but in individual ways
like elements not mixing
oil floating in water
fire under the ocean
logic in an arguement

ronin
12-01-2004, 04:12 PM
thanks guys for the comments. yeah the ground was a different route for me....... born of frustration.

ejfarrae
12-03-2004, 10:10 AM
powerful stuff my friend. walks the perfect dreamline between beautiful and terrifying. seems a bit smoother in the transitions of color and space, more blended than other work i recall, but i definitely like it.
awesome.