PDA

View Full Version : Another Pastel Doodle

sidhartha11
11-27-2004, 05:14 PM
Well .. this was created the past week while I was in a very Bad mood.
Its unfisnished, hopefully my mood will change and the painting will turn out
to look more interesting. Currently my mood is so bad that I can barely even look at the funny doodle ..

Unfinished
Pastel 19x25 inches
Possible Title:
Wild Flowers

wiscojaydub
11-27-2004, 05:20 PM
Sidartha11..your body must ache after you go through one of these sessions..the concentration is incredible! This is gorgeously done. :clap: jaydub :wave:

sidhartha11
11-27-2004, 05:25 PM
Sidartha11..your body must ache after you go through one of these sessions..the concentration is incredible! This is gorgeously done. :clap: jaydub :wave:

TRUE ... sometimes my back really hurts. I have to go to a chiropractor as a result .. haha ...
But then my daytime job is even worse, staring at a computer sometimes for 16 hours ...
I have to get my neck cracked, seriously, at least once every two to three weeks by a Chiropractor.
arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

wiscojaydub
11-27-2004, 05:45 PM
Sidartha11 I can emphasise with ya.. i am a courier ..i am lifting heavy boxes of medical files getting in and out of my truck dealing with traffic... but it all goes away once i am creating..ya know whut i meen? :) jaydub :wave:

MountainSong
11-27-2004, 07:22 PM
Sidhartha - I don't get the sense of you anger in the piece at all - it's light and slightly humorous. And I like it!
Maybe you should try and cash in on your anger right now and express what your feeling on sandpaper - really capture the colors, lines and depth of your anger. It may turn out to be both a very powerful piece and very cathartic!
Hope whatever is getting you down runs itís course quickly. :)

livenlearn
11-27-2004, 08:39 PM
From recalling your past images I've seen, they usually have contoured lines, curves, arcs, etc. In this image I can see the difference of your (so called) bad mood, with the image having sharp points, straight lines, and solid colors rather than your usual soft color blends.

Thanks for sharing! I myself enjoyed seeing another side of your art (and you). I wish you the best in making it feel more interesting to you, if thatís what you wish for. :D

sidhartha11
11-27-2004, 08:49 PM
From recalling your past images I've seen, they usually have contoured lines, curves, arcs, etc. In this image I can see the difference of your (so called) bad mood, with the image having sharp points, straight lines, and solid colors rather than your usual soft color blends.

Thanks for sharing! I myself enjoyed seeing another side of your art (and you). I wish you the best in making it feel more interesting to you, if thatís what you wish for. :D
Interesting point .. er .. to make ..
I guess this will just turn into the bad-mood painting .. haha
Now .. I am thinking about embracing the bad mood and turning it into an interesting expression of art.

Tamana
11-27-2004, 09:28 PM
Balloons from hell...hell hell...

Your work is remarkable and precise irrespective of the motivation.

themanda
11-27-2004, 10:38 PM
well, i'd say you channelled your Very Bad Mood (that deserves capitalization) into a wonderful piece of work. all of your stuff is eye candy, certainly, but this is a treat.

sherina
11-28-2004, 11:19 AM
Well .. this was created the past week while I was in a very Bad mood.
Its unfisnished, hopefully my mood will change and the painting will turn out
to look more interesting. Currently my mood is so bad that I can barely even look at the funny doodle ..

Unfinished
Pastel 19x25 inches
Possible Title:
Wild Flowers
:clap: Hello dear, if that's what you do when you are not feeling well, then please forgive me but you need to stay that way, maybe get even down right depressed Te! He! He! No your work is wonderful, it frightens me what you may come up with when your actually having a really good day! LOL! What a talent you are.

sidhartha11
11-28-2004, 09:54 PM
:clap: Hello dear, if that's what you do when you are not feeling well, then please forgive me but you need to stay that way, maybe get even down right depressed Te! He! He! No your work is wonderful, it frightens me what you may come up with when your actually having a really good day! LOL! What a talent you are.

Thanks ..
Actually .. being sad, mad, depressed or lonely are the seeds of creativity. If a person can realize this fact, then a creative individual can do a lot during such periods. You kindof made me remember my days as a musician when I experienced a lot of times like those previously described. I think I will complete that drawing now. Since I got so many nice comments regarding my MAD and BAD state of mind right now. I'll become that state of mind in a creative sort of way ..
Thanks

ronin
11-28-2004, 11:51 PM
interesting melding of styles here. miro and tanguy come to mind. i like it but think the main geometric color ball dominates the composition a bit too much.

sidhartha11
11-29-2004, 01:45 AM
interesting melding of styles here. miro and tanguy come to mind. i like it but think the main geometric color ball dominates the composition a bit too much.
Hmm thanks. Such comments coming from you are taken as a great compliment. Not sure who tanguy is but I definitely have heard of miro.
haha .. I guess in my great 9 year painting career I should think about style a little. It seems that style is a combination of at least 3 things:
1. The effect of the words of others about the artist work. This can be something as simple as a little child saying: hey ... too much blue, or as involved as a complex analysis of a work by a series of formally trained artist, or as negative as some idiotic goofball working for a gallery intentionally trying to rip an artist off.
2. The type of art the artist him/her self loves to look at.
3. Whatever little thing that the universe has decided that makes an individual unique.

tURBOCAT
12-04-2004, 07:43 PM
I love this - it is whimsical and to think you were in a BAD mood. It is clean. Great job..... :clap: :clap: :clap:

sidhartha11
12-04-2004, 07:46 PM
I love this - it is whimsical and to think you were in a BAD mood. It is clean. Great job..... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks ..
I will put a later version of it here when I find the time ..

sidhartha11
12-05-2004, 12:36 PM
Lastest version of this drawing:
19x25, pastel
Not sure about title yet
Tentative Title: Landscape of wild-flowers

sidhartha11
12-05-2004, 12:39 PM
Lastest version of this drawing:
19x25, pastel
Not sure about title yet
Tentative Title: Landscape of wild-flowers
without fragments:

sidhartha11
12-27-2004, 10:03 PM
Found Time to Finish this drawing

livenlearn
12-27-2004, 10:58 PM
Have you come up with a title yet?
Revisiting your painting to see how it has evolved over time....I recall the original inspiration for the image along with your expressing that you are "thinking about embracing the bad mood and turning it into an interesting expression of art." With that in mind, for some reason the words "Mixed Emotions" came to mind and I thought, Hey!, that would be a cool title. *shrug* :p

Congratulations! Its beautiful creation and Thank You for sharing it!

sidhartha11
12-28-2004, 12:47 PM
Have you come up with a title yet?
Revisiting your painting to see how it has evolved over time....I recall the original inspiration for the image along with your expressing that you are "thinking about embracing the bad mood and turning it into an interesting expression of art." With that in mind, for some reason the words "Mixed Emotions" came to mind and I thought, Hey!, that would be a cool title. *shrug* :p

Congratulations! Its beautiful creation and Thank You for sharing it!

I named it:
Accumulation of events prior to a resting point :19x25 inches

livenlearn
12-28-2004, 10:34 PM
Thats a great title! It sounds Dali-ish. :wink2:

RealAbstract
12-30-2004, 02:26 PM
cool to see it as it progresses.....
reminded me of Raymond Georges Yves Tanguy