PDA

View Full Version : untitled

Sherry Mirkovic
11-27-2004, 05:30 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/11-27-2004/40336_WetCanvas_002.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: untitled
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 24x30
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is the first time I've ever posted, so I don't know what to ask except : any comments on how to improve would be appreciated.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I'm expecially interested in finding out if my color choices are good and if the painting "works".

Londondeon
11-27-2004, 06:52 PM
I'm impressed. You should be proud of this one. The trees are absolutely wonderful :clap: I have made a small modification in the trees in the distance. Things are lighter and bluer in the distance, so have added some haze there to push it back so it doesn't compete with the horse and the water. Have also added some of the rust tones from the horse here and there to repeat them elsewhere in the painting.

Looks good.

Michael-Ann
11-27-2004, 07:55 PM
Really quite beautiful work...even the horse is well done, I love the majestic evergreens.

Tamana
11-27-2004, 08:30 PM
What a debut!!!! :clap:

I toss you Roses!!! Can't wait to see more.

takeshi iwasawa
11-27-2004, 10:58 PM
Hello Sherry, this is a wonderful painting! :clap:
Welcome to WC :wave:

Sherry Mirkovic
11-28-2004, 08:28 AM
Thanks Everyone, I Will Work On The Changes That You Have Suggested. I Don't Have A Digital Camera, So I Had To Wait Until My Son Came For A Visit To Post, But I'll Probably Get One Fron Santa So I Can Post More Next Year. I'm Working On Two Right Now That I Really! Need Help With.
Sherry

jetulb
11-28-2004, 01:27 PM
Please don't change the painting!!!

I think it is a true masterpiece the way it is. I love the vivid colors and the horse looks so content. I know a person that would buy this paiting in a second. Truely a beautiful painting the way it is.

LisaArt
11-29-2004, 06:40 AM
Super Work, I agree, there is nothing really to change. Leave it and please post more.

Sherry Mirkovic
11-29-2004, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the feedback - I took the painting into the studio and looked at it for awhile and decided that although I could see that it would look better with lighter trees in the background and a little burnt sienna worked into the underbrush, I might mess it up if I touched it, so I'll just keep those comments in mind for the next one.
It makes me feel great that you think someone would actually buy it, I've never sold one.
Sherry