PDA

View Full Version : ***Daily Wash Saturday Nov 27, 2004 ***

Johnnie
11-27-2004, 02:26 PM
HI all

Well was a long wait but back to it again..

Must have been a big upgrade done..

Thanks to Scott for all the hardwork.

Have a good day all

Johnnie

painterbear
11-27-2004, 03:27 PM
Good afternoon all,

Just about 3:30 p.m. and looks like Wet Canvas must have just recently returned to life! Yippee! I've missed everyone today, but I did put the time to productive use and finished off my proofreading job ahead of time. LOL!

Hi Johnnie, Looks like you and I are the first to realize we are back in business.

Weaving to all who are yet to come today.

SYL,

Sylvia

madmum
11-27-2004, 03:32 PM
Hi Johnnie and Sylvia :)

What a relief to have WC! back! I was getting jumpy, especially as I'd gone to Jaytee's yesterday morning and came home to find WC down :eek: More than 24 hours later we're back :clap:

Johnnie, apparently there was a problem with hardware and since it was Thanksgiving, Scott was away and didn't discover the problem until late Friday evening (US time), and couldn't get into the data centre to fix it until today. Thank you Scott for sorting it out as early as you could, we appreciate your hard work so much! :clap:

So, a great day with JT yesterday, but we were distracted and, once again, didn't get to paint. I did, however, get a tour of Ebay House ;) Her living room is transformed, with new curtains, rugs, patio doors (matching pair finally installed on Thursday) and pine furniture - it looks wonderful! Afraid I didn't take any photos, we were too busy talking :o

Funny things happening to the electric here, better post this now just in case :confused:

Missed you all oodles, hugs

Ruth

hopefulbucky
11-27-2004, 03:34 PM
Yep we are back, amazing how one misses WC when it is down.

Looks Like Helen is having problems getting the WDE up today as well.

Sunny here in Portland.

Having WC down yesterday pushed me to paint my Christmas card and am now in the process of printing them. Didn't think I would get one done this year but did so am pleased at that.

Hope you all have had a productive yesterday and a fun today.

Enjoy the day.

Europa
11-27-2004, 03:38 PM
EVENING WASHGANGEROOS!!

Waving to Johnnie - Sylvia and Ruth.

Had a lazy day recovering from the party last night - vaguely remember getting home - as I told you all yesterday my friend and I havent spoken for over 10 yrs and I was a bit nervous when we walked into the pub.

She appeared near the bar after about 15 mins so I went up to her and tapped her on the shoulder - she turned around - looked at me - smiled then her face crumpled and she grabbed me in a bear hug and we both burst into tears.....LOL. Our Jamie and her daughter just groaned......we had a GREAT night though and are certainly not going to let time pass again.

K am off to watch CSI - later folks - glad we are all back.

Love and Hugs

Pat xxx

Hi Judy - we xposted!! :wave:

CharM
11-27-2004, 04:46 PM
*breathing a sigh of relief*

Hi everyone! I've only got a few minutes, but at least I know we're back in business... I think we appreciate Scott most when something like this happens!

I, too, put the time to good use... I've practiced working with my new printer (not too satisfied with my prints, yet)... but I did put together a portfolio of 8x10's... I printed them on bright white photo paper and then slipped them into plastic sleeves in a binder...

Then... I worked on my painting for a bit... I'm about 2/3's finished...

:wave: to everyone and sending good thoughts and positive vibes your way... I missed the dickens out of you guys!!! :D

Christie
11-27-2004, 05:09 PM
Phew! I'm glad to see you all again!:D

While Wc! was down I discovered that I have $65 in mini sales waiting for me at the mini store AND she wants some more. :clap:

I also started a new painting. Are you sitting down? It's on a half sheet! Biggest I have ever painted! I am using brushes that have never seen paint before and it's all very exciting.:D

Hi to everyone. Need to get back to Christmas baking.

Take care.

Ottersong
11-27-2004, 05:10 PM
Gosh, I felt like part of me had been amputated, I couldn't even lurk. The alternate site has my password messes up so I couldn't get in there. I am still working on getting that strraightened out.

Thanksgiving dinner was great, best turkey breast I ever cooked, it was very moist and tender. DH is going out this evening so :clap: I get to paint/ draw all evening, hehehehe. Think that I will work on my drawing lesson first as I am a ittle behind.

Hugs to all who came before and to those who are yet to come.

Otter

Ellen in Ont
11-27-2004, 05:17 PM
Whew!! We're back. Looks like I'm officially addicted! :D
I promised photos of the decorations and the site went down just before I went on to post them. :rolleyes: I will put on a couple tonight but I have been taking more with the lights on and they are much better. Unfortunately they will have to wait till tomorrow because I have to fiddle with them to reduce them and I am nightshift again tonight. So here are the first ones that are not great because taken by daylight. I will also post pictures of the outside at night soon. DH is just finishing the last of the lights tonight. :D

The first one is of a 5 foot santa and trees by my front window. All the stuffed toys at the base move, sing, dance etc. The second is a side table in the dining room.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Nov-2004/46258-Santa.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Nov-2004/46258-table.JPG

:wave: to everyone. Missed you.

Uschi
11-27-2004, 05:45 PM
So this is how it went for me.
Had no time to look at WC yesterday morning because Ethan was dropped off at my door at 7:30 a.m. Daycare said he wasn't feeling well the previous day, he was fine :( . Finally got him for his afternoon nap and immediately came to check on WC (no, I am not addicted!!!) and it was down :crying:

Son came to pick him up at 6:00 p.m. and stayed until 8:00 p.m. because wife was at a Christmas party. 8:00 p.m. I immediately came to check on WC - it was down :crying: . It's funny becaus I normally have the computer off most of the time, but I checked every half hour, no good, finally went to bed.

First thing this morning, coffee in hand, to the computer, WC is still down :eek: :crying: . Can't remember how many times I checked and finally gave up and did some housework and laundry.

I missed YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JJ thank you for giving me the address for the other site, wrote a reply but something wrong with my password so could not post it.

A BIG HI to everyone!!!!!!!! Ellen, your paintings look beautiful!!!!! as do the decorations!!!! Looking forward to more photos!!!

Char - a portfolio WOW!!!! I still don't have one of those, well, I guess my newly printed 5 x 7's could be but into a folder in a pinch :rolleyes:

Pat - How wonderful!!!!!

Ruth - no photos - shame on you!!!

:wave: to Johnnie, Sylvia, Judy, Otter and Christie!!!!

See you in the morning!!! :clap: :clap:
Uschi

Europa
11-27-2004, 06:03 PM
Just wanted to post a couple of pics from the reunion last night.

Pat

Me and Wendy - catching up after so long

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Nov-2004/29499-PatnWendy.jpg

Wendy's daughter Debbie and Jamie - they practically grew up together -Debbie is older by one year and 16 days and Jamie never lets her forget it....LOL.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/27-Nov-2004/29499-debnjamie.jpg

hopefulbucky
11-27-2004, 06:14 PM
What wonderful photos Pat. Looks like all of you were having a wonderful time. Here's to you keeping the friendship going looks like you all enjoy each other.

Strawberry Wine
11-27-2004, 07:24 PM
Oh my, I think somewhere around 2:30 pm I decided that I would not CHECK every 15 mins.

Just after 7pm here and I have a very :) face.

Thank you Scott for getting us up and running again. :clap:

Ellen, beautiful pics and can't wait to see more.

Pat, great reunion photos. Looks like you were all having a good time (even the kids, although they might not admit it.)

Uschi, :D , that was me too.

Christie A HALF SHEET Whoot, can't wait to see what you have in store for us. Congrats on the sales. another Whoot.

Otte, glad you had a wonderful turkey. Is it too late to join in the drawing course or will I have to do too much ketchup :)

Ruth , No pics, ???? :crying:

WAving to Sylvia, Johnnie and Char.

Cheers,

Gail

Cathie Jones
11-27-2004, 07:41 PM
Hi everybody! This place gets to us, doesn't it? Even though I had company I still had to keep checking for you guys!!! Glad we're back . . .

Had some great turkey Thursday, a wonderful visit with my little family, and DH's oldest son and DIL stayed with us for a couple of days. All good people and we're so glad they could be with us.

Looks like we're in for another winter storm tonight. Having the wind-before-the-storm right now. Hope it snows again - the dogs loved it!

Y'all have a good night . . . BBL XOXOXOXO

laudesan
11-27-2004, 07:47 PM
Woo-Hoo.

Sunday Morning here and we are back..:D

Pat. Awwwww those kids look like they are made for each other too.. Is she single. Glad you had such a good night..

JoAnn, great idea for Christmas, glad you had a good time at Thanksgiving.. It is scary when the numbers get less..:( (((((i)))))

Ellen can't wait to see more pics. WOW your place must look smashing IRL..

:wave: to everyone, boy sure do miss wc when it is down..;) I actually did some reading..;)

bbl..

Huggles..

BobH
11-27-2004, 08:10 PM
So I finally get the chance to come back and check on WC and my oldest says " I have to use your computer right now, dad". So I waited some more... Now I finally got here and WOOT! We're baaaacckkk!!

Pat - that's wonderful for you and Wendy :clap:

Ellen I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures. Love the Santa, he's way cool!

We had a very nice Thanksgiving. So happy my girls are home. And, I got to talk to my mom on the phone! She sounded like ... my mom! Like nothing had happened. I can't believe the improvement, can't wait to get up there next weekend to see her.

Ruth - LOL at "EBay House". Maybe Jaytee can recoup some cash by being an advertisement for EBay...

Well, think I'll go put some shadows on my painting. Mud, here I come!! :evil:

Little Old Lady
11-27-2004, 08:43 PM
Greetings :wave:
Glad to have you all back in my life.
Pat what a wonderful reunion!
Ellen you must really have a Christmas wonderland.
Happy that we all survived with no ill effects.
See you tomorrow!
JoAnn

CharM
11-27-2004, 10:35 PM
Hi All!!! I made chili in bread bowls for our dinner tonight... way too many carbs to be healthy, but oh were they ever good!!!

It's actually comforting to see everyone here... :D

Christie... woo hoo! $65 in sales!!! Congratulations... and the possibility of even more sales... AND you're working on a half sheet! OHMYGAWSH... how ever will you adjust your eyes??? :evil:

My password wouldn't work, either, Otter... Glad to read that your turkey breast was a success... I've bought them, too, and thought they were really good... Have fun making art!

Santa looks way kewl, Ellen! Thanks for the first peek... we need more!

Hi Uschi... LOL... I kept checking and finally gave up... did something useful for awhile... :D I have only the leaves to finish in my painting and will probably post it tomorrow... :evil: I'm thinking that your Son is finding it very handy to live a few doors down...

Great pics, Pat!!! So glad that your reunion was successful!

Hi Gail and JJ!!!

Cathie... I don't know where all this wind is coming from (maybe California)... but it's sure blowing up a storm here in Canada, too!!!

Hi Bob... glad to know that the girls made it home safe and sound...

JoAnn... not sure we suffered no ill effects... :evil:

I'm going to do a quick zip in the Gallery and then off to bed... Gnite, sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite!!!

K12144
11-27-2004, 11:27 PM
Hi, just gotta question about what Daily Wash IS....is it just like a place for everyone to check in and say hi? Have browsed several but never quite figured out what they were. :)

laudesan
11-27-2004, 11:40 PM
Yep it our Daily get together over cyber coffee.. :)

Glad you found it..

Well I WAS painting.. I really was. I have started an abstract, and I was repairing my Lake paintings. The phone goes and Tania has summoned me on down for a cuppa..;)

Alan is awake now too so we will both pop down for a while and check out her new car. (second hand new).

It is a RED Honda Civic 2 door, 1998.. She bought it from her Friends who have migrated back to Portugal.. :)

O.K. gotta run..

Huggles..

stephie20
11-28-2004, 12:09 AM
Morning all.....just a quick :wave: ..got to go shopping in a mo........thanks for all the info JJ......12 noon sun here.....going on a dinner dance boat up the river tonight..food is awesome........transfering to Krabi beach on tuesday....had a great meal lastnight , was my mums birthday....speak to you all soon :wave: