GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Time Pass
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 16*20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Just painted this one after a very long time.
This is my cute cat who was always loved to watch outside thru the glass window.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Anything

Tamana
11-26-2004, 11:42 AM
I REALLY like that limited palette. Time Pass would appear to be stopped in this instance. It's like the dusk of day settling in the home prior to the dark of outside...the cat breathing the last of light goodbye. Makes one want to stop so it's not disturbed. Electricity will flip and technology prevail soon enough won't it?

It's a nice time piece of quiet moment that exhibits good balance.

Mikey
11-26-2004, 12:03 PM
Hey Nethra, it's good to see you back here. It is a peaceful painting without any alarming business. What can be more peaceful than a cat in this still mood, just quietfully watching. A very nice harmony of colour.

Mikey

katelynalain
11-26-2004, 12:31 PM
hi,
wonderful subdued colors. this has a very relaxing quality to it and the composition is nice. one thing i would comment on is it's a little vague where the curtain on the right is being pulled aside..i find it to be a little unclear if there is something holding it there or if there is something to the right of the chair..i know its not the focal point of the painting but i find it in need of some clarification..other than that small thing..
very nice,

Gilberte
11-26-2004, 01:39 PM
The velvety look of the interior reminds me of a A. Wyeth painting ... it's somewhere in the back of my head .....

Michael-Ann
11-27-2004, 07:49 PM
I love the subtle moody colors, and especially like the regal posture of the cat...waiting for her pet human to get home. :)

nethra
11-27-2004, 10:40 PM
Thanks all for your comments.Its so nice to meet you all again :wave:
Hey Tamana , u r rite..its exactly the time u described prior to dark setting I took a photo and did this painting... :wink2: that's really cool !!!
katelynalain,made a note of you comments.Will try to fix it.
Gilberte, will search for A.Wythe paintings. My knowledge of artists is of a limited palette... :o .Thanks for introducing a new one. :)
take care,
c ya
Nethra.