PDA

View Full Version : B&W Headshots

baquitania
11-14-2001, 03:17 AM
Been meaning to post this for a while, so here goes, some black and white headshots of my D&D characters...

sherville
11-14-2001, 04:52 AM
Yay! Brilliant!!
I like seeing that guy you draw with the wolf skin.
(But no gemstones? heh!)

baquitania
11-14-2001, 11:52 PM
Hey Ana... here's a colorized version of the one you like, from that evaluation program... this took more than an hour, but it was alot of fun... so I don't blame YOU! :D

sherville
11-15-2001, 06:50 AM
Cool Bobby, I love it coloured!
How did you manage to colour it without ruining your original drawing's lines? Layers?

And this is gemstones: (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=21268)

animal
11-17-2001, 11:18 PM
Awesome Work Bobby!!!!:angel: :angel: :angel:

calador
11-27-2001, 02:59 PM
A fellow gamer! Hail and well met!One of the main reasons I like D&D is that the game inspires me to create strange and interesting characters. I can see it has that effect on you too. Good work!

calador

dnip24
11-27-2001, 04:00 PM
cool picture! Congratulations

baquitania
11-30-2001, 05:18 AM
Thanks all... Ana, I lowered the "opacity" for the paintbrush tool to under 10, and it allows the dark lines to remain unchanged, but sometimes I had to go as low as 5 depending on the color...

Calador... I think other then me, The Mad Painter, Cathagoc, Pixelscapes, Pixeled, and Ivyleaf, this is all that remains of D&D here at WC... :(

But that should change once Lord of the Rings opens... :)

Bobby

sherville
11-30-2001, 06:11 AM
Bobby:
Does it annoy you having to use the opacity?

Even if it doesn't, just thought I'd mention something - Does PSP have Blending Modes? That is, options for the layers, like Normal, Screen, Overlay...
If so, you can make your drawing all black and white, then make a new layer underneath the one with your drawing on it. On the layer with your drawing choose the Blending mode to be "Multiply" This will make the white see-through. Now paint on the bottom layer... it won't affect your drawing.
You might like to give that a try, just for interest :) Of course, you might decide that the original way is more effective.

digistyle
12-03-2001, 05:09 PM
I like these a lot. You are going to have to tell us the stories behind the characters. Do I hear the sound of a new comic strip or illustrated book being created?

digistyle