GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Two Women and Strange landscape
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Watercolor
Surface: Watercolor Paper
Dimension: 11X15 inches
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I keep thinking that this has an incomplete air about it. I don't want to overwork it either...

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any view welcome.

JoeKaz
11-25-2004, 08:20 PM
When I look at it, I image there could be something on the dark greenish line near the top left of the painting - sort of a destination the 2 figures are walking towards. Maybe just tiny bump to suggest a building or a tree. Or maybe brighten a an small area above the line to suggest a sunset/sunrise. I'm thinking something very subtle (and not too literal). It might add some tension and direction, and that might be all that's needed to complete it. Just a thought.

MarciaGayle
11-25-2004, 10:30 PM
I think it is done! Very nice, I really love the movement and it keeps my interest, I wonder what they're talking about and where they are going? :)

-MarciaGayle

Pars
11-25-2004, 10:36 PM
I agree it feels done and suggests an exploration.

Perhaps you'd also like to post it to the watercolour forum, I think they'd all appreciate your work.

dornberg
11-25-2004, 11:04 PM
i like the way you are using the page

Tamana
11-26-2004, 11:38 AM
I keep thinking that this has an incomplete air about it. I don't want to overwork it either...

I agree. You know I'm a total fan of your work; however, there is something that seems off-balanced (more so than incomplete -- imho) about this. In studying it and thinking over-night, I feel if you hadn't had the alternating slashes of color on the women, but rather just the background, it would've seems more in line with what I'm (and apparantly you) are used to from yourself. In carrying over the background into the subjects like that would seem to leave something undone or incomplete, when in actuality it was probably a tad overdone by carrying the pattern/design of slashes over.

The alternating slashes in the background would've allowed the viewer to focus on them WITH the women. Carried over there's really no focus, just interference which causes the confusion of incompletion because the eyes are searching for a focal point.

Hope that made sense.

On the flip-side - LOVE the colors and design of this. Your fluid application never fails in its sensual pleasure to the eyes.

gayatrimanchanda
11-26-2004, 12:09 PM
Joe Kaz and Tamana - thanks for the inputs, and the rest of you for having a look and taking the trouble to encourage me along.

Joekaz - I have seriously thought of putting an unobtrusive tree near the top left handside, nothing too strong, like you said...

Tamana - I like to think the diagonal lines accross the figures and the background add to the oddness of the whole picture, but maybe they do take away from the focus, and I shall keep that in mind the next time I feel tempted to put them in.

I am trying to figure out how to post stuuff in the watercolour section....

Michael-Ann
11-27-2004, 07:39 PM
These two women seem to be apprehensive about their journey - whispering in unsure voices to each other... I think this is great as it is.