PDA

View Full Version : Comfortably Numb (After Mag_Pi)

Tamana
11-25-2004, 12:45 PM
Mixed on paper

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Nov-2004/18021-Comfortably_Numb1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Nov-2004/18021-Comfortably_Numb3.jpg

Thanks always for looking, feeling and saying.

wiscojaydub
11-25-2004, 12:57 PM
Tamana. ya gotta lot of neat stuff going on in this pic..depths..faces colors are fabulous. :) jaydub :wave:

Tamana
11-25-2004, 01:21 PM
Preciate you looking and saying Wisco...hope you're having a wonderful day!!

Contemplating even doing a digital for yer thread today. ;) :eek: :p

wiscojaydub
11-25-2004, 03:16 PM
Contemplating!!! gosh darn do it tamana do it. lololol and a happy turkey day too you too! :) jaydub :D

reynolds
11-25-2004, 03:31 PM
wonderful texture!!!
fun colors too!!!

MountainSong
11-25-2004, 04:45 PM
Cool. I feel like there's a streaky glass window between me and the subject. Like.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! :D
*Where's my wine?*

Mary Woodul
11-25-2004, 04:48 PM
Tam, your transparencies are wonderful. Happy Thanksgiving!!

pearlgirl
11-25-2004, 06:56 PM
I'm loving how this one speaks to me.

There is much about this painting that tells me 'comfortable' is temporary. That fleetingacknowledgement, confusion and hope are always just at the cusp of any comfortable numbness.

Numbness is merely a way to cope. It doesn't answer...it merely postpones.

There seem to be two hands curled tightly to the chin which represent, to me, an urge to find and contain inner strength. The green mist/fog across the face is holding the eye and seems to show what the numbing is about.

The small inflection of yellow (viewers lower right) provides the hope of love everlasting, for me, in this painting. Love, or hope of it, holds on no matter what!

pearlgirl
11-25-2004, 07:00 PM
Edit: A wonderful thanksgiving to you all, Happy eating and communing!

ThurmanHubbard
11-25-2004, 08:24 PM
That's really cool looking, love the colors and the "scratchy" effects in the upper left.

Tamana
11-27-2004, 08:53 PM
(W)rennie! Thanks. :) You know I likes rough!! ;) Thanks particularly for commenting on the color -- been really working on that aspect.

SongBird: I dun do winduhs!!! :D Where's your wine?! Come on over and take your pic: Merlot, Chardonnay, Shiraz or Pinot Noir. ;) Stocked up for much company strolling through this weekend (that's EXACTLY what you get when you DON'T go to the family dinner!! They come to YOU later!! ). Still have plenty would love to drink a glass witcha. You can even clean my winduh!! :cat:

Mary: Thank you my friend for seeing!! Love you muchly!! Had a beautiful holiday and was thankful for MUCH!!! So appreciative let me tell ya. Hope you and yours are just as lovely. You mean a lot to me. Love you.

Pearl of girl: I look forward always to your words. You choose them carefully and wisely and they're always from your heart straight to mine.

[...]The small inflection of yellow (viewers lower right) provides the hope of love everlasting, for me, in this painting.[...]

Everlasting...

Let me not to the marriage of true minds (Sonnet CXVI)

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come:
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved.

-- William Shakespeare

[...]Love, or hope of it, holds on no matter what!

Oh death where is thy sting, grave they victory?

:)

Had a beautiful holiday!!! Some wonderful communing as well. Thank you for the wishes and seeing, Pearl.

Cable: Appreciate you looking and saying muchly.

Thanks again to each for sharing your time, for looking and feeling and saying.

themanda
11-27-2004, 10:47 PM
i'm envious of how you handle color. even when i try to paint light and airy (doesn't often happen) it ends up dark and heavy.

ronin
11-29-2004, 12:08 AM
she's part of the ground...... obscured......hiding perchance? i really like the colors going on. though i do think she could use a bit more definition. she wants to live!!! :D

Lynxes123
11-29-2004, 02:27 AM
Oh my gosh Tam, I just found this and I love it! I see vibrating energy waves of jewel-like colors, it's fantastic! :clap:
Also, I see a heart shaped ruby and rainbow reflecting prisms, wow!

ArtistJensen
11-29-2004, 03:39 AM
I really love your colors and structure. Lively, exciting and expressive with a lot of "action".

Tamana
11-29-2004, 08:33 PM
[ :evil: ] i'm envious of how you handle color. even when i try to paint light and airy (doesn't often happen) it ends up dark and heavy.

Thank you, Manda - appreciate that. Know how you feel about the "wanting" (oh so well do I know) to paint a certain way; however, I truly think you're right where you're supposed to be for now. You're just entering that early stage of dance when you're two left feet and you don't quite understand the rhythm of your partner yet and you're looking more at your feet than their eyes while you move...but just wait...oh you just wait. ;)

Rooooooonin; Very intersesting perspective, eg - hiding. Glad you like the colors - THAT means a lot to me. And I totally agree about the 'wanting to live' part. Oh yeah. Totally. :) Thanks, d00d.

Lynette: Hey there neighbor!! Glad you enjoyed the wave and the ride. Somewhere over the rainbow hey? Means much to me. Interesting you should mention prisms too -- I love them. Appreciate your enthusiasm and encouragement. Means so much. :)

Jensen: Thank you. Appreciate muchly your words. And I TOTALLY agree about the 'action'. So much action.... :)

Thanks you guys always for your support and eyes - I love to see my art through yours and how your heart feels.
~