PDA

View Full Version : I'm back! See beautiful pics of Australia!

mchew
11-25-2004, 09:12 AM
Hi there!

It's been the most enjoyable 2 weeks I've ever had for a long time! We went to Melbourne, did the Great Ocean Road, saw the magnificent 12 Apostles, went to Philip Island, then to Tasmania, highlight there is definitely the beautiful Cradle Mountain and many many more!

One bad news though, darling wife accidentally dropped my Olympus C-4000 and the lense got stucked. I tried to push it back to the body but it got even worse. I brought it to a camera repair shop and the man there said anything to do with fixing the lense will cost a bomb. It is more worthwhile to buy a new one. But luckily I brought along my film SLR, so here's some of the pics.... enjoy :clap:

1. 12 Apostles (Great Ocean Rd)
2. Cradle Mountain & Dove Lake (Tasmania)
3. Flinders St, Melbourne
4. Loch Ard Gorge (Great Ocean Rd)
5. Constitution Dock, Hobart (Tasmania)

After 3 months with just 2 paintings to show, I'm starting again with 12 Apostles... but without a digicam, it will take a while to show you my effort.

Cheers!

Europa
11-25-2004, 10:06 AM
Wow Marvin - fabulous photos - are you going to post some more in IRL - would love to snag a couple if that's ok.

Pat

Starsprite
11-25-2004, 01:33 PM
Would ya look at the color of that water!!!!!! Wow!! What beautiful places you went to Marvin!! I'm happy for you and your wife!! Yeah, I would like to snag a few of these to paint too...if that's okay. :) :clap: :clap:

madmum
11-25-2004, 03:47 PM
Welcome home Marvin!!!!!!

Oh my!!!!! Your photos are stunning, thank you so much for sharing them! :clap:

Ruth

Fagan
11-25-2004, 04:15 PM
oops...I posted in the wrong thread. *LOL* not sure how I did that

BobH
11-25-2004, 05:06 PM
Great pictures, Marvin! Glad to hear you had a wonderful time!!

So, when are we going to see all the paintings I'm sure you made of the lovely places you visited?? :evil: :angel:

laudesan
11-25-2004, 06:34 PM
You ARE going to post more .............right?????????? ;)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

artmom
11-27-2004, 08:43 PM
Thanks for sharing these beautiful photographs? Are they for snagging? :)

Lyn

mchew
11-27-2004, 10:02 PM
Hi all,

Thanks for looking... yep, you're all free to use the pics... I'm about to paint the 12 Apostles ;)

painterbear
11-28-2004, 05:40 AM
Marvin,

Congratulations once again on your wedding and best wishes for a long and happy life with Adeline (even if she did drop your digi-camera :angel: ).

Your photos are spectacular, the colors are really beautiful. Looking forward to seeing your painting of the 12 Apostles!

Thanks for sharing these with us.

Sylvia

Rod
11-28-2004, 06:35 AM
Great photos Marvin :)

Thanks ,
Rod.