PDA

View Full Version : "If eye had a horn, I'd honk it!"

Gar
11-25-2004, 01:17 AM
Oil, Acrylic, and Oil Stick on Canvas
24" x 36"

Finished this puppy tonight. Has a bout 4 different sessions of layers upon it. All comments welcome.

Love Always - Gar Bailey

Gar
11-25-2004, 01:24 AM
Some detailz...

Gar
11-25-2004, 01:27 AM
And here's some random studio shots from this evening. A peek inot my art world. :)

Gar
11-25-2004, 01:41 AM
1 more detail....

Tamana
11-25-2004, 09:27 AM
Aye indeed!!! :cool:

Gar what can I say that I haven't already said? "If it exists (in your hands) it's art." You're a wonderful heart that expresses through your hands into art as a means of travel and communication to others like a homing beacon to life and laughter, art and love from the mundane and tossed aside - the disused and rejected that once were accepted as useful. How important these things are to us, and how painful when lost sight of. Thank God for your presence here as a constant reminder to such. You and Mag-Pi both.

You don't need a horn -- we hear the motor of your heart loud and clear, you're circuits not dead and there's nothing wrong, Major [Gar].

Wonderful creative workings.

Oh...and I love ya.

Gar
11-25-2004, 11:09 AM
Tam,

You're words me a great deal to me. You're the sweetest. Be well my dear.

Love - Gar

pearlgirl
11-25-2004, 12:54 PM
Gar...

Love the hectic, chaotic feeling I get from this,
The 'noise' of the city...tangled streets and melded buildings.
Joyful emotions run amok in the carnival of life.
The still eye of the storm? Or the ever-seeing steady eye of the universe?
Lots to explore!

I would 'pay' to visit your studio. Diverse and intriguing visuals all about. Looks like you live and breathe art...passion is a wonderful thing.

Gar
11-25-2004, 01:09 PM
Diverse and intriguing visuals all about. Looks like you live and breathe art...passion is a wonderful thing.

A very wonderful compliment indeed pearlgirl. Thank you from the bottom of my (he)art. ;)

-Gar

Tamana
11-25-2004, 01:15 PM
Tee hee -- giving a completely new meaning to "He-man"? ;)

We should outfit you in your art for your super(he)ro outfit. :cool:

Look! It's...He-Art. :wave:

I'm very well today, my friend. Relaxing on a beautiful gloriously blue day with much paint and music and wine. :) Holidaze (and Sundaze) are an exception to the before 5:00 rule. :p *hic*

Happy day of giving, my friend. Thankful for all you guys.

Hi Pearl of a girl!!! :wave: :wave: Wonderfuls to see you around!!

Gar
11-25-2004, 01:22 PM
Sounds nice Tam.. I'm doin about the same. Chillin like a villian. (well maybe a retired villian) Haha. Dayz like this kick butt. Daydreaming up new concoctions, relaxing, eating, music, maybe a little hanky panky. It really doesn't get any better than that.

Spread Love - Gar

Tamana
11-25-2004, 01:31 PM
Hear ya! Gloriously inspiring day...listening to Aimee Mann's "Wise Up" ("Save Me" is killer too; her rendition of "One is the loneliest Number" is alright...) from the 'Magnolias' soundtrack. Loved that one too -- specially everyone singing it, even the cop!! lol Wondered if you'd had that one on your play list...

Have a good one, Gar Bailey. You deserve it. Love to your family. You should take some pics for us.

reynolds
11-25-2004, 03:30 PM
ah sweet gar!!!
thanks for the updates!!!
the combination of your talent and materials really gel on this one for me!!

i can feel your mood and energy pulsing along in this one!!!

we shall have to chat soon!!!

MountainSong
11-25-2004, 04:42 PM
*wandering around looking for the Tip Jar for donations for the tour*

muchfoolishness
11-25-2004, 05:29 PM
turn it up loud :evil:
a convincing arguement
for never standing still

ThurmanHubbard
11-25-2004, 08:33 PM
Man.....that looks like one hell of an awesome jazz band cookin' it real hot.
Really nice vibes coming from that one. Looks real musical, structured, yet totally free :music: :D :music: :D :music:

hotpavementburnsmyft
11-25-2004, 09:44 PM

chandlerjr
11-26-2004, 12:20 AM
Gar,
Please don't take offense, I am just hard to please. Normally, I don't like your work. However, THIS IS A MASTERFUL COMPOSITION OF ABSTRACT ART! Great composition and use of warm and cool colors plus line to keep the eye moving around the art work. Very nice piece of art!

It reminds me alot of the work of Bernece Hunter. Hunter was a part of the New York School of Modernist popular in the late 1940s and 1950s. If you get a chance look up Hunter on the Internet. My favorite piece of Hunter's is titled, "From The Batter's Point Of View."

Larry C.

Gar
11-28-2004, 05:00 PM
Big thanx to everyone who commented and looked. The encouragement is humbling. I've really been enjoying painting again lately. i think this piece displays some of that exhuberance. It's nice to be able to share it with a few folks. Big ups to you all, great and small.

Spread love/art - Gar

PS - All studio visits are free. :cool:

kasunart
11-28-2004, 05:10 PM
Hey Gar,
Your recents look awesome. I was cruzing by your house today (not sure which one is yours, but it was good ridin weather) and thought of you. You're only a 5 minute ride from me.
I really need to come see your place, it looks very energetic in there! I'm only allowed to have one room that cool.
Peace,
Stephen

Tamana
11-28-2004, 05:16 PM
I'm only allowed to have one room that cool.

LOL!

Gar
11-28-2004, 05:19 PM
Sure Stephen,

Your welcome to stop by. I'm usually here most Sundays just eating, loungin, and painting. I'm the second house on the right on Lake street. House number: 225. I must warn you though, it's pretty small, rural, and modest. but we try and make it cozy. Nice art can spruce most things up as well. My cell is 386-689-0346. Gimme a ring sometime.

Peace - Gar

pearlgirl
11-28-2004, 07:27 PM
OMGoodness...Gar!

You just broke every rule I was told to avoid when I started posting, BAR giving out your credit card number! LOL!! That said, it's really refreshing to see someone questioning, and thumbing their nose at, how valid that kind of advise is. It made my day to see you extending a hand of friendship.

Small, rural, modest and cosy...sounds like great stuff!

kasunart
11-28-2004, 10:01 PM
Cool man, we'll give you a jingle sometime soon. Where's your next music gig? Let me know. I think you've got it on your website but wanted to know for sure.

Gar
11-28-2004, 11:12 PM
I'm playing at Will's Pub near The Orlando Science center on January 6th. It's a Thursday nite. Should be a great line up with all 3 acts. Workin on some crafty-azz audio lately. I'll send you a flyer soon.

wErd - Gar

ronin
11-28-2004, 11:49 PM
dig this one. frenitic colors and lines yet holds its own. looks like youve been a busy one man.

Gar
11-28-2004, 11:53 PM
Good to hear from you Ronin. -my Mid western art making compadre in/with arms. Keep it real my mang.

always - Gar :cool:

Lynxes123
11-29-2004, 01:56 AM
I think your painting is fine, electric and blows my mind! :clap:

Gar
11-30-2004, 02:54 PM
Word up Lynxes123> and thanx again 2 everyone who made this a special piece to share.

catch ya on the flip side - gar

debbi_carr
11-30-2004, 05:15 PM
Gar your studio is a wonderland...awe-inspiring as is this peice. i love the colours and the closed composition.