PDA

View Full Version : neither seen nor heard

themanda
11-24-2004, 10:20 PM
very frustrated about work these days. this is how i feel too much of the time. (the rest of the time i feel like i'm bending over, but i won't paint that. :D )

ThurmanHubbard
11-24-2004, 10:24 PM
beautiful colors, and I can really relate to the sentiment

ArtistJensen
11-25-2004, 03:43 AM
Nice contemplorary color contrast and good expression of the face. The main point of interest (the head) is placed far to one side. Composition gets unbalanced. But maybe unbalance is a part of the story.
Frustration is a part of the business of doing art and of life too sometimes. I hope you will get over it and bring us more of your paintings. Be yourself, speak out, tell your stories your way. I'm glad you're with us.

Tamana
11-25-2004, 09:45 AM
very frustrated about work these days. this is how i feel too much of the time. (the rest of the time i feel like i'm bending over, but i won't paint that. :D )

Ouch..don't forget the KY if you change your mind...here, you can actually win some free if you're imaginative enough.

http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/u/wwiewior/ky.html

Very emotional painting, Amanda. Like the cold of person juxtaposed with the heat of surroundings as though she's dying to herself and originality amid a fire of bullsh*t that the world is sometimes.

Hang in there girlfriend...you're going places -- especially with your paintings.

MountainSong
11-25-2004, 04:48 PM
Work sucks....but then it gets better again...then it sucks again, then....well you know.
Ride it out Girl! :D

Mary Woodul
11-25-2004, 04:57 PM
Amanda, the expression couldn't say more and your statement is magnificently executed.

pearlgirl
11-25-2004, 06:15 PM
Yep...captures what I have felt at times about work, that is, work for someone else as boss.
Another great one amanda. I'm loving your warm fire'ry background and the exagerated mouth with teeth baring.
If I might, again, suggest a critique...I would like to see the neck and top torso amalgamating the cool palette of the face! Seems like that part was left unfinished to me. Take or leave girlfriend.

themanda
11-27-2004, 10:50 PM
thank you all so much!

vikingking, it's heavily weighted to the viewer's left intentionally. i wanted it to have that tension; that feeling of not knowing what was going to happen next.

pearly, it's just a truly horrible picture. :D the neck does look unfinished here, but in real life it matches the face and has as much depth. :D promise.

thank you all for your kind comments! :D

chandlerjr
11-28-2004, 12:25 AM
Amanda,
Sometimes the best part of being an artist is it can be very theraputic and help heal the mind! In the last 5 years, I dodged the bullet 4 times and avoided being laid off. The work place can really play games with your mind.

Hang in there!
Larry C.