Year Created: 2004
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 16x20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Trying to paint the notion

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Whatever you think...I still have hand "issues"...think her lips look a bit too pursed.

earthbot1
11-24-2004, 03:26 PM
overall has a nice feel. love the warm light coming thru the window. very rich paint application.
she seems to be having a moment of thought.

Michael-Ann
11-24-2004, 03:29 PM
thanks earthbot :) Yes, she has a lot to think about ;) A co-worker said she looked ill, wasn't quite going for that effect so am very glad to hear your thoughts.

TScottDove
11-24-2004, 03:33 PM
Very nice sense of light coming through the window. The curtains may be a bit too sylized for my taste; the strong shape between the two drapes draws attention from the figure.

earthbot1
11-24-2004, 03:39 PM
i really like this one..off your site
it's gone...

Michael-Ann
11-24-2004, 03:40 PM
good lord I don't know how I managed to reply to this...crud! I am sorry folks. Make it go away!!!!!
Earthbot when I replied to Scott... I thought somehow I had posted to the painting of Chelsea that you pulled up...I'm such a ditz!

Scott I am glad that you pointed out the "weight" of the window/curtains/light over the figure...the symbolism in it, is as important to me as the figure, but certainly not meant to overpower...I need to mull that over, as I do think perhaps it should be more subtle in order to work right...cool! Thank you for the insight.

Michael-Ann
11-24-2004, 03:47 PM
i really like this one..off your site

Thank you :D - That is of my oldest daughter, Chelsea, who I will be seeing tomorrow. She makes my heart smile.

Mikey
11-24-2004, 04:18 PM
Michael-Ann,

My instant gut reaction was of the poor girl shivering with fear. You really do have this lady taped. For me the pursed lips are all part of the emotions she has, and I would keep them just as they are. I hope you do well with this.

Mikey

Michael-Ann
11-24-2004, 04:24 PM
Thank you Mikey :) :wave:

I was thinking about your Rugby Library painting and what you said about folks reactions...perhaps they are to acclimated to their own surroundings to totally enjoy your depiction...I think you should paint it again someday. I lived in a little town where a local artist did many works of the local "stuff" - rarely did the local folk buy her works, but tons of tourists did, simply so they could have a "piece to take home."

Mikey
11-24-2004, 04:41 PM
Thank you Mikey :) :wave:

I was thinking about your Rugby Library painting and what you said about folks reactions...perhaps they are to acclimated to their own surroundings to totally enjoy your depiction...I think you should paint it again someday. I lived in a little town where a local artist did many works of the local "stuff" - rarely did the local folk buy her works, but tons of tourists did, simply so they could have a "piece to take home."

I had tried to get some paintings hung in the Information Centre and Library with a good initial reception, but the powers that be politely squashed the idea. Anything for sale to tourists could obviously be smaller anyway.

Mikey

sugar tree gal
11-24-2004, 07:04 PM
Michael-Ann.. now what are you going for here? She looks cold or frightened.. to me... but maybe that is how I am reading the cool colors... :clap: Janice

Tamana
11-24-2004, 11:31 PM
YOU!!! *points*

I SWEAR I almost asked if it was "YOU" (points) but didn't because of the nature of the subject and wasn't certain if you wished to remain private. Anons are tricky at best, sometimes, aren't they? Not so sure one should guess...

I Love your caring heart...it's looking wonderful thus far and you are to be commended.

SO GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK ON THE BOARD TOO!!!!

The only other thing I can think to say is...

I MISSED YOU!!!! (POINTS (CAPITALIZED BECAUSE I USED BOTH FINGERS ON BOTH HANDS TO POINT THIS TIME)).

Oh wait....I can think of one more thing....

DON'T YOU EVER leave like that again either!!!

Sheesh....

I feel so old now.

LisaArt
11-25-2004, 04:35 AM
Hi Michael-Ann, :clap: Long time no see.
Beautiful work. I see the notion. Love the light also from the window and the bruststrokes on her shawl..Somehow the hands fit with the style of the painting.

haaf
11-25-2004, 08:47 AM
Hey hey MA
The title reminds me of the book by H Rider Haggard.(I loved it as a kid).
The look is inward with a possibility opening up for solution.
Like the light(possibility) streaming in.
Caroline ;)
(btw what have you been up to lately?)

Gilberte
11-25-2004, 03:21 PM
SHE is great as is.
SHE is having a flu ... I think.
Take care of her.