PDA

View Full Version : You're in the Arms of an Angel(far away from here)

Tamana
11-24-2004, 09:21 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/11-24-2004/18021_Angel_4.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/11-24-2004/18021_Angel_Detail.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: You're in the Arms of an Angel(far away from here)
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Oil
Surface: Board
Dimension: Comforting
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:

Mikey
11-24-2004, 09:34 AM
This is certainly a move into something else Tam. I like the concept.

Mikey

LisaArt
11-24-2004, 09:39 AM
This is certainly a move into something else Tam. I like the concept.

Mikey

I agree with Mikey. And those greens Tam! :envy:

Artistanne
11-24-2004, 09:56 AM
really, really like the way you've elongated the bed, furniture/room in this...it really makes you feel her isolation/loneliness

Frida200
11-24-2004, 10:00 AM
Oh Tam... this is so different.
I like it very much... carries a lot of emotion.
Feels very special to me.

:wave: Claudia

Rieko
11-24-2004, 10:01 AM
What an impact! Certainly it's a gem; I love the combination of green and pink.

earthbot1
11-24-2004, 10:02 AM
I really like this. I don't know the story, but one can assume seperation form a loved one.
The lines of the figure are exceptional and that gwen stefani hair and face. The eyes tell it all.
The pinks and greens work well together and the streched perspective gives it a felling of isolation. I like the little painting all the way back.
You've really captured the mood.
:music:

chelista
11-24-2004, 10:03 AM
My impression: the room recedes at close to the speed of light, but she's perfectly still. Striking!

loop
11-24-2004, 12:04 PM
:music: may she find some comfort there :music:

:clap:

katelynalain
11-24-2004, 12:26 PM
oh the white space behind her in her mind?..the comfort, yet that reality of personal space is so close to the viewer she is almost falling off the edge..but not at all! i love this. for some reason i feel that i can connect with it. you''ve touched something universal.. :clap:

ordie4
11-24-2004, 12:39 PM
the background here really
holds my interest.

i'd like to see a version
without the figure
just out of plain curiosity

good one

Gilberte
11-24-2004, 01:48 PM
:music: may she find some comfort there :music:

:clap:

She will find someone to comfort her soon and she'll be dancing with him ... watch out for the postman Tam ... soon... soon !

Meanwhile keep warm and explore some more ... good innovation.

Spyderbabe
11-24-2004, 01:52 PM
Angel by* Sarah McLachlan

Spend all your time waiting for that second chance,
For the break that will make it okay.
Thereís always some reason to feel not good enough,
And itís hard at the end of the day.
I need some distraction or a beautiful release,
Memories seep from my veins.
Let me be empty and weightless and maybe,
Iíll find some peace tonight.
In the arms of the angel far away from here,
From this dark, cold hotel room and the endlessness that you feel.
You are pulled from the wreckage of your silent reverie,
Youíre in the arms of the angel, may you find some comfort here.
So tired of the straight line and everywhere you turn,
Thereís vultures and thieves at your back.
The storm keeps on twisting, you keep on building the lies,
That make up for all that you lack.
It donít make no difference, escape one last time,
Itís easier to believe.
In this sweet madness, oh, this glorious sadness,
That brings me to my knees.
Chorus
In the arms of the angel, may you find some comfort here...

Spyderbabe
11-24-2004, 01:54 PM
Angel by* Sarah McLachlan

Spend all your time waiting for that second chance,
For the break that will make it okay.
Thereís always some reason to feel not good enough,
And itís hard at the end of the day.
I need some distraction or a beautiful release,
Memories seep from my veins.
Let me be empty and weightless and maybe,
Iíll find some peace tonight.
In the arms of the angel far away from here,
From this dark, cold hotel room and the endlessness that you feel.
You are pulled from the wreckage of your silent reverie,
Youíre in the arms of the angel, may you find some comfort here.
So tired of the straight line and everywhere you turn,
Thereís vultures and thieves at your back.
The storm keeps on twisting, you keep on building the lies,
That make up for all that you lack.
It donít make no difference, escape one last time,
Itís easier to believe.
In this sweet madness, oh, this glorious sadness,
That brings me to my knees.
Chorus
In the arms of the angel, may you find some comfort here...

Nice - the (angel) wing back, the use of green - sometimes considered a sacred color, the use of perspective... all mentioned already, just wanted to say, great job!

haaf
11-24-2004, 02:15 PM
Tamana,
yeah baby....good work here!
I love the white like in thinkingtime,
quiet however fast,
only possible to think deep in that colormode.
Green lips and simple line ..very smart
I think I would prefer a slight crop.(see attached)
Caroline ;)

Mybubblewall
11-24-2004, 02:17 PM
Tamana, I'm sitting here at work with tears in my eyes. This painting is truly beautiful. Its honest and real. Speaks to the heart of us all. How many times we have tried in vain to bring some comfort to ourselves, cold and lonely, night after night.

Thank you for sharing something so deep.

Michael-Ann
11-24-2004, 03:02 PM
Very moving imagery Tam...your green is excellent, especially your use of it in her eyes. This has got to be one of your most sharply defined paintings, and you have worked it expertly. I love the straps falling, she doesn't care though, as she is deep in her thoughts, removed from her physical surroundings.

I have come back to look at this a couple times this morning...absolutely fantastic work Madam!

Dhuot
11-24-2004, 10:33 PM
OMG Tam...

I know the feeling...I know

I once had a dream....No , I wasn`t dreaming !!
In fact, I wasn`t even sleeping.....

Tamana
11-25-2004, 12:22 AM
Daniel, what's this "sleep" you mention? I think I've forgotten what it was... ;)

Everyone, thank you SO MUCH for your beautiful thoughts and feelings and the expression of such. I've tried to respond but just feel so low on energy right now (okay drained) and the words don't seem good enough as a response to your lovely ones. Just wanted to say how much I appreciate the looking and saying and sharing of hearts - I'll respond more appropriately to all of you in the morning.

Thank you so much.

Tamana
11-25-2004, 09:38 AM
LOL the initial response was too long!!! Have to cut in two responses!!! hahahahaha!!! *blahblahblahblahblah* lolol

First and foremost -- HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL APPLICABLE PEEPS!!! ;) It's gorgeous and carolina crystal blue here!!

Secondly, as expressed above...thank you for the support and wonderfully heartfelt words.

Mikey: Thank you for noticing the difference and taking the time to say. Appreciate your input. :)

Lisa: No need to be "green with envy"!!! I'll gladly share...there's plenty more where those came from. :p I just LOVE green, don't you? It's such a lovely color and is so playful with me. Thank you for sharing your time. :)

Anne: Thank you for picking up on the loneliness/isolation. I was hoping that would come through. Sometimes an empty bed can seem endless can't it? But then other times you get to sleep where you want!! ;) Appreciate the sharing of your words. :)

Claudia: Thank you so much for feeling the emotions and relating on a personal level. THAT means a lot to me. :) Grateful you shared those words.

Rieko: Love when art makes an impact. Thank you for taking the time to share how you felt.

Asimo: Thanks for recognizing. I think the story is eternal and part of each person's growth process. We've all been there at some point, haven't we? Glad you too picked up on the isolation. Always enjoy your take on the linework and palette, etc. And the little painting in the background is special indeed; my most treasured possession. Thanks for sharing your time and words -- appreciate it so muchly. :)

Chelista: Very good analysis. Striking is a very good word!! Thank you! :)

Loop'de Loop!! Long time! Thanks for dropping in. Nice to see you around. Ah...you got it. Thanks for sharing. Appreciate it. :)

Katelyn: "Falling off the edge..." Thank you for catching that. Emotional realms can be tricky at best, can't they? Between rocks of thoughts and hard places of edges -- still is best sometimes despite the pain, hey? Thank you too for connecting personally with it and for taking the time to say. THAT means so much to me. :)

o4: Appreciate your input as always - never see enough of you or your work around anymore. Hope you remedy that soon. Don't plan on redoing this one; however, am currently working on another bedroom perspective in the same style as the background (no figure). Kinda trying the Bob/Jerry/Anne application. Doubt I'll capture that depth of white Bob does though. Hope you'll enjoy. Thanks for looking in and saying. :)

o O MADAME!!!! I'm going to have...how you say....Ze Belgian Luverrrrr?! Oh la la la la la la!!!! I shall stand by ze mailbox entil he arrives!!! (because I don't think he'll fit inside it very well) ;) For realz...I'm SO EXCITED!!! There's NO TELLING WHAT YOU'VE COOKED UP!!! Ah no need to worry about me, Madame!!! I'm totally warm right now and experimenting onward. :D Thank you for sharing your time and words always, Madame!! Love you! :)

-- continued (hahahahahahaa) --

Tamana
11-25-2004, 09:39 AM
Ah Kathleen: Your extra-sensory perception NEVER ceases to amaze me. I CAN'T BELIEVE you got the angel-back chair. :) I ALWAYS do portions of my paintings for ME alone forever -- it always amazes me when someone else picks up on it!! But you ALWAYS manage to hone in on at least one if not more in each one you comment on. And yes, Green is as sacred to me as Yellow. Again, amazing sense you have there. Thank you for looking and saying always.

Caroline: Can ALWAYS depend on you for lip inspection! Love it. This is my first play with white so I'm glad you picked up on the depth. Kinda trying to go after Dornberg on that one but wasn't certain I succeeded. Never seen white used as depth juxtaposed with the deep of dimension before Bob's work. Jerry can do it as well...been wanting to play on that playground some to develop a control for such colors (totally lost on the black/white thingy now (or so I feel)). Gonna have to disagree with you about the crop on this one though. Really feel it loses some of the depth and edge with it (see response to Katelyn re: edge). Besides, it's board and larget than I've done thus far ( 20 x 16 ), impossible to crop. It's probably one of those you'd have to see in person to appreciate the depth of it. Thank you always for looking and sharing and suggesting. You know it means a lot to me that you take such an intersest in my work and suggest things that would help me improve. I like to be pushed -- it challenges me. :)

Crystal: Your response was one of the most heartfelt I've ever received and made me cry. Not many would express as you have and I appreciate so much you taking the time to do such. It totally makes me want to continue to paint if it can touch lives and hearts as it did yours. Yes...I think everyone has indeed been at that cold dark place...the place where it hurts more to look back and try to change and hurts too bad to move forward or you'll fall. The one where you just have to be still and wait for the pain to subside like tide...or like a bird who's flown into a window and is too stunned to fly.

birds

the ones that fly
straight into windows
not the ones that die instantly
and not the ones that fall stunned
and shake themselves
and fly away
but the ones that fall stunned
and shake themselves
and fly a few feet
and shake themselves
and fly a few feet
until they can't
and only sit

- H.

Thank you for saying. :)

Michael Anne: I have missed you SO MUCH. Calling you today to wish you the happiest of giving thanks days. :) And cuzza I lerve ya. ;) You're spot on about the not caring at certain times -- totally somewhere else in the mind. Thanks for commenting on the green, you know I love it. "Sharply defined" and "absolutely fantastic" are both lovely things to hear about one of your paintings! Thank you for commenting. You know you mean so much to me. Mmmmwah!! :)

Daniel: Yep..."the feeling" um (<-- ouch)
But you know..it's THAT very "feeling" that propells our growth if we stop and allow it to run its course through us without trying to look back and change what can't be changed or move forward trying NOT to feel it. Tough thing to feel though...that's for sure. Total hell even, sometimes. Almost wish you were sleeping and dreaming so you could wake up...at least with being awake it's real when the pain stops. At least we've got that, don't we? :)

Thank you for commenting and relating.

Thanks again everyone for feeling relating connecting and sharing. Art is a wonderful conduit and channel between people's hearts.

Have a great day all!!! :D