PDA

View Full Version : Question Regarding School

becky2
11-24-2004, 02:22 AM
I am trying to apply to school and get re instated for financial aide. They asked for my tax form, but because I want to go to Israel I have to do a double degree in two BA in different feilds (I know this isnt art school related but I will be doing art bussiness there and in whatever I do. I know it is possible to get two BA's from two different university. I should ask tomorrow

Keith Russell
11-25-2004, 11:20 PM
I guess I don't understand your question.

Are you in school now? Are you attending school in the US? Are you hoping to move to Israel after graduation, or before?

And, whose rule is it that you earn two BAs? Israel's, the US', or some other country?

And, why do you need to go to two different schools to get two BAs? Most state schools in the US have multiple departments, and you could easily study two different fields, in two different departments, within the same university.

K

becky2
11-25-2004, 11:29 PM
I found out the answer to my question

becky2
11-25-2004, 11:32 PM
I got the financial aide to do both. I want to go for a double major and to do this I have to go through too institutions

Keith Russell
11-28-2004, 05:08 PM
Congratulations!

Best wishes for your future,

Keith.

Kell-kell
01-20-2005, 02:12 AM
:confused: I'm so confused about college right now. I had it all planned out for a while that I'd attend a community college first (to complete my prerequisits affordably) and transfer to an art school. I'm really baffled as to what I should major in, though. For the longest time I've wanted to do fashion, and i still love it, but I love making movies as well. I don't know which to choose. There's no happy medium between the two. Any suggestions?
-- Kelly

Quiet
01-20-2005, 10:30 AM
:confused: I'm so confused about college right now. I had it all planned out for a while that I'd attend a community college first (to complete my prerequisits affordably) and transfer to an art school. I'm really baffled as to what I should major in, though. For the longest time I've wanted to do fashion, and i still love it, but I love making movies as well. I don't know which to choose. There's no happy medium between the two. Any suggestions?
-- Kelly

The Rhode Island School of Design requires that all of its students take the same general art courses the first year. Only at the end of the first year is a major declared. Majors include Film/Animation/Video and Fashion. But RISD does cost a bundle. There are very few non-art classes in their curriculum, so getting such courses out of the way by taking them elsewhere isn't much of an option. Anyway, other art schools may offer similar programs. Good luck.

Keith Russell
01-20-2005, 12:56 PM
-- Kelly

Fashion photography comes easily to mind...

Keith.

Keith Russell
01-20-2005, 12:58 PM
The Rhode Island School of Design requires that all of its students take the same general art courses the first year. Only at the end of the first year is a major declared.

The Kansas City Art Institute does the same. Perhaps all the Art Institutes work this way...

Keith.

Kell-kell
01-28-2005, 04:32 PM
Keith Russel,
I don't like photography.

Keith Russell
01-28-2005, 10:45 PM
Keith Russel,
I don't like photography.

Well, it was only a suggestion...

Keith.