PDA

View Full Version : Abstract landscape

Turner
11-23-2004, 10:41 PM
Having begun a few years back with somewhat traditional landscape, this is my most current work.. any thougths appreciated...

(I wish I could show it full-size! Lots of subtlety not picked up here..)

Three Beach Night
Acrylic on Wood
48x45 inches

Smileawhyl
11-23-2004, 11:05 PM
Very interesting, thought provoking work! A brilliant treat on this foggy rain wisped evening. Good work!

MountainSong
11-24-2004, 12:14 AM
Very nice! I particularly like your tonal handling. (is that a word?) Interesting and appealing design. Look forward to seeing more. :)

chandlerjr
11-24-2004, 12:46 AM
Really like the composition!
Larry C.

ArtistJensen
11-24-2004, 02:39 AM
This is simply great work. Well done.

artamust
11-24-2004, 12:43 PM
Very nice design! I especially like the subtle color contrasts and the precision of line and form. I imagine it would be a real treat to view firsthand.

Steve

debbi_carr
11-24-2004, 03:05 PM
this painting looks amazing in three dimensional space...i just checked out your webiste...that's how i know...at the home page this it the one you have on the wall of the apartment right? it works really well with the contemporary design of the place.

Turner
11-24-2004, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the kind comments, everyone!

I may just post some more of these. If I can figure out how to get really good photos, I'll post some detail areas. Color-wise, it's pretty accurate (at least on my monitor..) but the lack of fine detail really hurts it. There's lots of little linework you can't see here. I'll figure something out.

Debbi... lol... thanks for the great compliment. Actually, though the painting in that image is based on the exact measurements and framing of the real one, that image is just a computer-generated space I built with the photo of my painting mapped onto the surface of a model of the frame :)

But that is essentially exactly how it looks from that angle in reality.

(I wish I had that rug, too..)

Cheers
Andrew

debbi_carr
11-24-2004, 04:09 PM
Actually, though the painting in that image is based on the exact measurements and framing of the real one, that image is just a computer-generated space I built with the photo of my painting mapped onto the surface of a model of the frame :)

oh! wow

Mary Woodul
11-24-2004, 05:19 PM
Andrew, very good work, like the interplay of the design and the color.

themanda
11-24-2004, 10:16 PM
i really like this. it's simple and complex all at the same time, and there's such wonderful structure and composition there! excellent work!

MountainSong
11-25-2004, 12:08 AM
Just went to your homepage and viewed everything - I'm impressed.

yellowjkt01
11-25-2004, 01:32 AM
Yes, this works for me. The subtle nature, the monochromatic color scheme, shapes and lines. Nice piece.

Tamana
11-25-2004, 09:50 AM
i really like this. it's simple and complex all at the same time, and there's such wonderful structure and composition there! excellent work!

Totally simple and complex. (love days when others have expressed my feelings!)