Title: Untitled
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Watercolor
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 8x11
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Hi all,
The painting is a result of my experiments with watercolors. I'm a beginner to painting and I find myself enjoying my time with color a lot .
I have found this website most educative while starting and hope for suggestions and comments .I know I have a lot to learn:)
Thanks all!
PS:Thanks to Judy for sharing her lovely pictures. I found your website http://www.geocities.com/dalmatians_au/BELVIN_ART.html .I was really inspired from one of the posts there.
Mine is not a very close reproduction:-) , but yours was beautiful.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Hi all,
The painting is a result of my experiments with watercolors. I'm a beginner to painting and I find myself enjoying my time with color a lot .
I have found this website most educative while starting and hope for suggestions and comments .I know I have a lot to learn:)
Thanks all!

MarkMark
11-24-2004, 10:06 AM
Great start! My main comment would be the lack of highlights in the painting. In watercolour you can achieve this by leaving parts of the paper showing through thus having a range of tones the brightest being the wite of the paper through to your darkest.In this case your trees. For tricky sections where you are worried that the paint from surrounding areas are gong to bleed into it, use a rubber paint solution first, to cover those sections. (available in art shops) when the painting is finished simply rub the dried solution off. Alternately pick some highlights out with a white watercolor or gouache.. (Water color purists please no comments on this water color sin)..Good luck with your further paintings and let us all se the results.

4luvofcolor
11-24-2004, 10:28 AM
Mark,
Thanks for the suggestions.
Will try some out this time and post them! :)