PDA

View Full Version : Tea Time

Yako
11-23-2004, 09:26 PM
Using a figure i found in a the figure forum as a reference http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226863&page=2&pp=15 i started to do something totally different.

I made it with 2B pencil, water blend and the airbrush tool of corell painter IX. Perhaps if i have time before the demo expires, i'll try to correct some things that are not yet perfect (6 days left :( :( :( , no more playing with this wonderful software...). I hope you'll like it :) :) :)

justjean
11-23-2004, 10:26 PM
Great work Yako, I like the softness of it :clap:

peoplepainter
11-24-2004, 05:21 AM
Yes, me too! I like the softness. Why did you choose black and white? I like it very much. I am just curious. You have really nice values in this.

Lisa

Yako
11-24-2004, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the comments peoplepainter and jean! :)

He! he! :D i guess i was not very inspired to paint in colors....the first version i did was with purples, blues and some pink....i didn't like it ...then i tried to do it in beiges....didnīt like it too....so after some hours i gave up and leave a color version for a better moment...

So i decided to practice with values. I read somewhere else that a drawing gets better if one chooses a wide range of values starting with a black and ending with a white. He applied this technique on his drawings and i liked the results very much, so every time i paint or draw i try to apply this. (it's reaaally hard for me because i'm afraid going too dark!!!)