Hi all
last nights Idea for a painting
its oil on canvas panel -
decided to use this as a test run for a bigger version on stretched canvas

so what do ay think?

catch ya

debbi_carr
11-23-2004, 05:09 PM
well, it makes me feel sea sick :) other than that...i think that the palette could do with a bit more variations in tone. but that is a personal thing...the sky is distracting too...but the waves in the water are rendered beautifully.

ArtistJensen
11-25-2004, 06:00 AM
It's like sitting in a turning plane.
Interesting composition.
The yellow foreground makes a nice contrast to the blue tones. The sea is nicely rendered. There could be a bit more variation in the color hue. The lighter part of the sea would look more natural with a slightly greener tone. When the blue ocean (or any blue object) is in light it will become greener. The colors moves towards yellow in the lighter parts. The sky should also have more variation. The clouds are very gray and muddy. Some violet in the shadow part and some warm (orange) tone in the light part would add some drama. Not much coloring, just a touch of tone.

themanda
11-25-2004, 10:18 AM
i like the clouds the way they are. feels like a cold storm is coming. i think that i'd play that up a bit, since it works well with the angle...like someone is in a life boat being tossed around on the sea.

Tamana
11-25-2004, 10:22 AM
It's like sitting in a turning plane.

MY feelings, exactly. That instant of turn when your stomach grabs...

Great perspective, Mark.

MountainSong
11-25-2004, 04:38 PM
Hmmmm....it feels like the atmosphere in a 1.2 version of a computer game....I'm in the cockpit of an ultralight....not enough gas to go out to sea..... :)

pearlgirl
11-25-2004, 06:25 PM
MarkL...

I like this. It made me think about my surroundings in a different way. I think this idea has a lot of potential and I hope you develope it more.

It can represent so many elements of our external and internal worlds...how pften things are not as they seem? How often does the world seem to be spinning on an axis separate from our own? How often does the emotional security we hold too suddenly take us blindside?

I like this a lot MarkL...I look forward to your next post.

wiscojaydub
11-26-2004, 08:30 AM
aye mark ye bin hit in da head too many tymes ye gotta meen case o vertigo..ears ring a lot? aye must be all that australian rules futball aye? Neato painting!!! :) jaydub :wave:

MarkL
12-14-2004, 01:47 PM
Hiya, Hows it all going?

you all saw the test painting above, well here is the start of the bigger version approx 1.2 or 1.5 mtrs wide, forgoten the size I just picked out a blank and thought that will do

anyways a WIP for ya

Catch ya

Carfa
12-16-2004, 02:05 PM
This is very nice idea trying to play with our imagination and you are doing this very fine and funny too…

MountainSong
12-17-2004, 03:03 PM
It's Big surf season here and one can see by the tilt of a swell the likely size of the wave that it will form - this looks like its gonna be the mother of all waves! :)

MarkL
12-21-2004, 05:21 PM
Cheers guys :)

I had thought of hanging sick bags off the painting once finished

catch ya