GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: baby thoughts
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Watercolor
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 8x8
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
this was painted on the lid of a paper box.
watercolor and pencil.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
aside from general feedback, I am not sure what to call this. A watercolor, illustration... ?

LisaArt
11-23-2004, 03:24 AM
Very nice indeed. Cute baby. Is this from your imagination?
I really like your outline on your subject. Very nice effect. Do you outline with a pencil or fine point marker?
Yes, I would call it a watercolour illustratioin.

Londondeon
11-23-2004, 04:53 PM
The overall color of this is great. Was it really this subdued color, or was the camera shot yellowed? I like the subtly of the color and the softness of the subject.
Good work
Londondeon

haaf
11-23-2004, 05:23 PM
that's a beautiful young and innocent face you've captured here, a bit like an illustrational portrait. Fairy like too.
A box like this might be a very appropriate gift to the parents of a new earthling, maybe with date of birth and name added.
Caroline ;)

tender
11-23-2004, 05:29 PM
thank you, glad you like it.
The painting was done on the lid of a paper box. Actually the enite box is painted, but the sides are done so only to compliment the top. The style of the background is how the sides are compleated.
The box itself is one of those you will find in the craft section of wal mart, it has the color of a paper bag. Painting on it is much like painting on a paperbag. You get what you get when it comes to texture and absorbency.
The softness is the result of many thin washes. There has been no adjustments to the picture, it comes straight from the scanner as .
While i do work from photos at times for reference, this child only exist in my imagination. I have been told that the children I paint resemble my daughter when she was young.