PDA

View Full Version : **** Daily Wash 23rd November, Tuesday ****

vasilkadifeli
11-23-2004, 12:30 AM
Good morning all... :wave:... I am early today and starting the daily wash..

Last evening there was no traffic at all... people probably got scared of the snow in the morning... many of them were in their cars for more then 3 hours when driving to work...

I have a notice in my agenda that today is the "World Watercolor Day"... if it so then HAPPY WORLD WATERCOLOR DAY to all of you...

mr sandbanx
11-23-2004, 01:01 AM
Morning everyone. Just read that a 7.2 mag earthquake shook New Zealand. Hoping thatElaine and Lulu are still upright after that.

And Happy WC day to you Vasil...

Seeya

Christie
11-23-2004, 01:02 AM
Morning All!

Hi Vasil. Happy Watercolour Day to you as well. Amazing how a little snow will tie up traffic, eh? One of my favourite things to do (now that I work flex time) is to lie in bed and listen to the traffic reports after a snowfall.:) :evil:

Earthquake in NZ?!! Hope everyone is okay.... Hi Chris.:)

Today my dogs get to pose for a friend who wants to use them as models on her website. She grooms special needs and older animals. Our beagles are, ummm, older so she thinks that they would be good representatives.:D

Otherwise, I get to work and tutor. Then, maybe, I can celebrate Watercolour Day the way it should be celebrated.:)

Hi to everyone else. I am off to bed. See you in the morning.

Take care.

Lulu
11-23-2004, 01:15 AM
Hi everyone:)
Well, the earthquake was meant to be felt as far north as Hamilton, but I didn't feel a thing!
No damage to people or property.

It's raining it's pouring.............. great though for the garden, just hope it knows when to stop! lol
Had a wonderful afternoon of gardening, got lots done.

Tomorrow we are taking a friend out for breakfast (fun! not something we normally do, except on holiday). She's in the area for a few days. an old nursing friend, so you can imagine there will be lots of laughter and reminiscing:D

Dinner beckons so better go. Lamb chops.............. apologies to the vegetarians!:)

Faafil
11-23-2004, 01:15 AM
Happy World Watercolor Day Everyone !!! :wave:

vasilkadifeli
11-23-2004, 01:21 AM
Sorry to hear the earthquake news for NZ... looked at www.cnn.com but not reported yet there... I hope everyone is Ok and that the earthquake was far away somewhere in the pacific...

laudesan
11-23-2004, 02:51 AM
HAPPY WORLD WATERCOLOUR DAY

Just checked the online news in NZ and they say that the SOUTH ISLAND (http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3106134a11,00.html) was rocked by a quake.. Glad no one was hurt Lulu..

I got Alan to go over to our neighbours today when Thai got home from work. I insisted that he, Thai, remove the lounge suite that he had put up against our fence. It is a black vynal one, and he said he was waiting for the council curbside pickup. Yeah right, they aren't due for 6 months..

This thing smells bad as it has been rained on. Thai whinged and moaned and moved it 12 feet ..Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.. Don't know what I am going to do as this thing really stinks, and it is going mouldy and it is so close to our living room windows and our back patio.. :( YUK I said why didn't he put it in his garage, he said!!!!!!! It is too dirty!! :eek: :( I am not happy!!! Legally I can do nothing either as it is on his property.. :mad:

So he covered itin plastic and left it up against his house.. :crying: :mad: **..sigh..**

I want to sell my house..

:wave: everyone..

madmum
11-23-2004, 03:16 AM
Morning friends :wave:

NZ'ers must be used to earthquakes, since NZ is volcanic? Of course it's good that there was no damage :)

Happy watercolour day! :clap:

Vasil, it sounds like Turks react the same way as Brits to snow! lol

Morning Chris :)

Night Christie :D

Lulu, yummmmmm I love lamb chops! Just wish they weren't so expensive (or at least that the farmers got a fair share of the exhorbitant price we pay for meat!) Your breakfast meeting will be alot of fun!

JJ, do you get rats in Aus? If someone had dumped furniture in this country, that would be my first concern. I think that if there's a health hazard the council would act quickly. I can't help wondering whether a visit from you would convince Thai to move it ;)

I seem to have a bad wrist - I've not twisted it or anything it just hurts :( Could this be the start of arthritis? At least it's only my left hand :D

Katy is having her BCG jab this morning, I'm crossing my fingers that the kids in her year will all have enough sense not to punch each others arms (seems to be the game every year :rolleyes: )

The house has now gone quiet, the kids have all gone to school, so I can plan my day! :D

Hugs to all

Ruth

laudesan
11-23-2004, 03:27 AM
Yes we have rats, and yes there are probably rats next door. I didn't think about that the council will do something, they will put bait down to kill the rats. BUT. If the rats run thru' our property after eating the bait , and our dogs catch them they too will be poisoned, so it is catch 22.

I DID go over ank ask Thai. I was ever so nice to him and he only moved it that short distance. He has a big propety and I said move it somewhere else , but he said no it will look bad.. :(

I really am annoyed about it as Summer is only starting, imagine how this thing is going to smell when it really gets hot..:mad:

I shall keep in mind the rat thing tho', but honestly we didn't see any evidence of vermin when Alan and Thai shifted it..

It is dark now, but tomorrow I will take a pic to show why it upsets me..

I wanna move...........:crying:

P.S.

Char, Gail, ? How far is St Thomas from you guys. I was just reading about the Giant Elephant Statue (http://www.city.st-thomas.on.ca/photo_jumbo.shtml)..

Lulu
11-23-2004, 03:38 AM
Ruth, yes we do have a lot of earthquakes, have been in an awful one though, so am always a bit frightened now when I feel one.

Oh, and the lamb chops didn't cost us a bean, came from our paddock (field?).:)

sorry about your wrist - hope it's better soon.

JJ, can understand your frustration with your neighbour. Hope we never live close enough to anyone for them to annoy me!

Off to bed early, have to be out the door by 7.30 for our breakfast out:)

Nite nite everyone :wave:

painterbear
11-23-2004, 05:18 AM
Good Morning all,

It is just 5:00 a.m. here in a foggy Oakwood. Everything looks different since it is all misty and soft.

HAPPY WATERCOLOR DAY to my fellow artists here in the Watercolor Forum! Woo-eee!

AND

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to MICHELLE (Mirizar) and IVYLEAF! Wishing you a wonderful day and many more to celebrate in the future.

Thanks to all who sent good wishes my way yesterday for my birthday. You made me feel happy.

Hope all our New Zealanders rode out the earthquake without any problems. Glad Lulu has checked in and is ok.

Lulu, As I said last week, we can get frozen New Zealand lamb in one of our grocery stores here and we really like it. We especially like the little rib roasts. We pay between $8.99 to $12.99 per pound for it most times.

JJ, I'm sorry to hear about your awful neighbor. If mold is beginning to form on the sofa that could be a health hazard, maybe the council could do something to force him to get rid of it because of that. No wonder you are thinking of selling your house. Of course, that would be a turnoff to potential buyers too. What a mess. Why do people act that way?

Weaving :wave: to Vasil (glad you didn't have too long a commute this morning), Ruth (hope your wrist ache is just temporary), Chris, and Mary Lou.

I'm expecting two more batches of pages to proof today that have to be turned around in a week. With the Thanksgiving Holiday in there, that sort of means I need to put my nose to the grindstone and not "play" with my paints (at least til I finish my work). Isn't that what we teach our kids????

Even though we won't be having a family gathering this year, DH and I bought a small 12 lb turkey yesterday to cook on Thursday. We'll be eating leftovers for months, but that's ok, that's why freezers were invented. I would have felt strange not to follow tradition. Gotta have the bird, giblet dressing, bread stuffing, cranberries, mashed potatoes (for DH), succotash, and pumpkin pie—even if it is just the two of us eating it. LOL!

Off to check out the Gallery for new paintings.

SYL,

Sylvia

Europa
11-23-2004, 05:54 AM
MORNING WASHGANGEROOS AND HAPPY WATERCOLOUR DAY!!!

Well Judy (Hopeful) and I have finally posted our Paint Challenge number 4 in the gallery.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2937273#post2937273

Just watching the opening of Parliament on tv - great pomp and ceremony - I love things like that - makes me so proud to be British.

I never knew they had earthquakes in NZ - see you learn something new every day - glad to hear no one was hurt - specially our WCers over there. Mind you we have had a couple of earthquakes here in our time so maybe I shouldn't have been so surprised.

JJ - I would definitely get on to the environmental health about it - and keep at them till they do something.

Ruth - hope your wrist is soon better.

Waving to everyone else :wave:

Am off to the shops to buy DS birthday card for tomorrow - so bbl.

Talking of birthdays -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIRIZAR AND IVYLEAF!!

Love and hugs all around

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

Pat xxx

Sharon Douglas
11-23-2004, 06:23 AM
well here I am again..............2 days running....it`s a miracle :D

Happy birthday Ivy leaf and Mirizar>>>>>>>>and Dougy too :evil:

The builders are still hard at it............they tried to charge me extra for fixing the ceilings , but I told him he ain`t getting anoher penny out of me for that, he did the damage he can fix it :mad: .
I haven`t paid any money yet, so I hold all the cards :D
Anyway he backed down and said he`ll fix it for me :clap:
I can`t believe his cheek.

On a happier note, I think I`m going to try and get some Christmas cards painted this afternoon, providing all hell doesn`t break loose in the meantime. :wink2:

I`ll wish you all a happy healthy day, and try to get back later, take care.#

CharM
11-23-2004, 06:52 AM
Good morning Washers! I awoke 45 minutes ahead of the alarm! :eek: Didn't get up once during the night... a good sleep is so refreshing... :D

Happy World Watercolor Day!

Aren't we special???... :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to MICHELLE (Mirizar) and IVYLEAF!

Ahhhh... the quiet and peaceful drive home in zero traffic... hope everyone keeps to their senses, Vasil... :D

Thanks for the news, Chris... isn't 7.2 pretty strong? Glad to read that our NZers are ok!

Oh, Christie... you talk about the *girls* so much that we want to see pics!!! What fun!!!

Lulu... no apologies necessary... some vegans (moi) don't have an honourable reason for not eating meat... :evil: Besides, you're probably a little shook up...

JJ... we drove BY St. Thomas twice!!! It's just off the 401... sorry... next time... :( You can't pick up and move every time one of your neighbours does something dumb... sorry about your woes... and I can empathize... we have a set of dopey neighbours who don't believe in cutting their lawn...

Could it be a bit of carpal tunnel in your wrist, Ruth??? Have you been on the computer a lot? Is the soreness right in the joint? No fun... :(

It's only a 5-hour drive, Syl... We'll be down for dinner... :D Well, ok.. maybe not... My family loves turkey leftovers!!!

Pat... I'll go check out your challenge paintings... I love ceremony, too... I think it *grounds* us and keeps us connected with our past... after all, we are today the sum of all our yesterdays...

Sharon... your builder must have attended the same Charm School that my floor installer did... it will all be worth it... it will all be worth it... it will all be worth it...

Gotta get Magoo out the door for school... and DH will be home shortly, so I need to get a fresh pot of coffe on... Sending positive vibes and good thoughts your way...

BobH
11-23-2004, 06:54 AM
Gooooood Morning Watercolour Folk!!

I just did a quick Google on World Watercolour Day. The first hit was from Marjham, Canada announcing an exhibit in honor of the day. The second was a post here by our own mr. sandbanx. Not a lot of info, guess it has to grow some yet.

JJ - when we were first married we lived in a small seacoast town named Marshfield. Our next door neighbor was a commercial lobsterman. Lobstermen typically keep bait for their pots in these large blue bins. The bins are more than 3 feet/1 meter tall and maybe 2/3 that in diameter. Lobsters are scavengers, they hunt for their food on the bottom of the ocean, finding dead things and scraps to eat. So a lobsterman gets his bait from fish houses; fish heads, fish guts etc, etc. I can sympathize with you completely as to the smell. Your story brought back the wonderful aroma of a couple of lobsterman's bait bins, in the middle of the summer baking in the heat!! Phew!!

Speaking of baking, SWMBO made pumpkin bread last night. Yum!

Sharon, it's amazing what builders will try to get you to pay for, isn't it!?

Glad to hear no damages in NZ from the earthquake! Hate to hear of all the hobbits getting upset! (sorry, couldn't resist :o )

Hmm, I've never had lamb. I'll have to try it some day...

Not much happening here. Today school ends for the Thanksgiving day holiday. Except for my daughters of course. :mad: :mad: Their college is open right through Wednesday afternoon. And since they have to go around Washington D.C. to get here and the traffic is horrendous, they are going to wait until 3:00am Thursday to start driving. I know it is only a matter of a few hours but I want them home NOW!! (particularly my oldest who hasn't even seen her new home, yet!) GRRRRRRRR :mad: :mad:

Speaking of snow ... when I started teaching (last year) we had a couple of snow storms. It was very relaxing to be able to sit on my (then) small porch drinking coffee, watching the snow fall, instead of having to struggle through it to get to work! I found myself watching the news just like a kid, "did they list my school yet? Did they? Did they?" :p :D

Gotta go, it's getting late. A hearty HI-HO to anyone I missed. Have a great world watercolour day!!!

Uschi
11-23-2004, 07:59 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!! Cooler and gray!

Happy watercolour PAINTING day !!!!!!!!!!

Nothing new to report; promise not to do any whining today either :D

Ruth, once again I agree with Char, first thing I thought of was carpal tunnel. In my opinionated opinion :p it has to do with the way everyone rests their wrists on the table while they are typing. In the olden days of manual typewriters they were on a lower table and we had to pound the keys and yet nobody ever experienced carpal tunnel. So my advice is, lower your key board for a few days and hit the keys from the air.

JJ, all though I emphasize, you are just making yourself miserable by getting all worked up about it as well as causing bad relations with your neighbour. This too will pass, put some beautiful flower pots in front of it and make VERY sure to remind him to put it out when it is pick-up time.

Well, I better go and see what damage Pat has done in the Gallery :evil: :D so wishing you all a wonderful day/evening/night and :wave: greetings!!!!
Uschi

JudyL
11-23-2004, 08:43 AM
Good advice JJ, and if you do, make sure they are fragrant! and large, maybe shrubs?

laudesan
11-23-2004, 08:55 AM
:D Thanks guys, what would I do without you :D :p Roll on June..

Char we drove by St Thomas TWICE??!! ;) :D **..sigh..** Now I GOTTA COME BACK!!! :D

Midnite here.

My bedtime.. :)

Huggles and have a good day..:)

Christie
11-23-2004, 09:27 AM
Morning again!

Woke up to -11 C today and the roads are still a bit icy right now. Hopefully they will be better when I leave for work.:)

JJ, I have to agree with what everyone else has said. Let it go for now and don't forget to have Alan offer to help him move it out to the curb when the June pickup date arrives.:D

Char, I will get them to email me copies. Generally, the "girls" are not all that photogenic when you point a camera at them, but today could be different... :D

Kids have started to arrive, so I'll check in later.

Take care.

pampe
11-23-2004, 09:36 AM
Isn't it amazing to have a world community at your finger-tips?

Hap always asks how I know what's going so fast when it hasn't even been in the news yet.... :evil: I have BETTER sources, indeed

Glad to hear everyone in NZ is ok

Ruth...see how it is tomorrow and then maybe some prophylactic things?

Still dark here....many things to do to be ready for Thanksgiving anf I need to finish ABBEY's new quilt

Later, kids

Pam

Ellen in Ont
11-23-2004, 09:58 AM
Happy Watercolor Painting Day!!! :wave:
Just a quick wave on the way through before I start more decorating (9 boxes to go) :rolleyes: I have already kicked DH out the door to do more on the outside light so if he doesn't see me working, he might think it is OK for him to stop too. BBL.

pampe
11-23-2004, 10:57 AM
WHERE IS KATE????

Is that girl STILL in Italy???? :envy: :envy: :envy:

mustcreate
11-23-2004, 11:04 AM
hello washerbuds!! :wave:

I've been lurking :wink2: but still trying to keep up with the goings on.

life here is going as per usual. except my painting time has increased in the past couple of months...always a good thing :clap:

Sylvia - I don't blame you for making dinner for just the 2 of you - I wouldn't be able to skip a holiday meal either :D

Pam - you're making Abbey a quilt?!! :rolleyes: ;)

JoAnn!! where are you? :confused:

JJ - if it gets really bad you could always look into a private service to come pick it up and offer to split the cost with Thai. if it get THAT bad I'm sure that you could justify the cost.

too many to reply to.....sorry for not talking to each of you

my goal this week is to clean completely ONE area of the house every day that has gotten out of control. housecleaning is NOT my "thing" and there are many areas out of control ;) yesterday was the laundry room. maybe the front closet today? :)

what better excuse to paint today than it being WORLD WATERCOLOR DAY!!!here's hoping for some creativity for all

em

pampe
11-23-2004, 11:44 AM
Pam - you're making Abbey a quilt?!! :rolleyes: ;)

em

well, ya :confused: :cat: :wink2:

Little Old Lady
11-23-2004, 01:36 PM
Greetings :wave: :wave:
I'm here a little late today. Was running late this morning and celebrated Watercolor Day by painting with friend.
Think I finished something that may be worth posting.
Didn't get top dedication yesterday. Daughter's old cat seemed to be on last legs (won't go into symptoms). Went with her to vet (30 miles away) and it turned out to be abcessed tooth! At a cost of $250 to take care of.
Did get a chance to go to grandson's restaurant. Delicious lunch.
Em that does sound like a plan to get house back in liveable condition.
Kitchen this aft.
I agree JJ don't let things like that get you so upset. It will hurt you more than them.
Have a good whatever!
JoAnn

Starsprite
11-23-2004, 01:48 PM
I have already kicked DH out the door to do more on the outside light so if he doesn't see me working, he might think it is OK for him to stop too. BBL.

LOL...I love your attitude Ellen! :D :D

Happy Watercolor (colour) Day!!! I guess that means I need to find some time to paint today. :)

Am getting a little tired of painting Christmas cards....might have to work on a different thing.

Have a good one! :wave:

Uschi
11-23-2004, 02:05 PM
well, ya :confused: :cat: :wink2:

Pam - :D :D :D

Taking a break for a little lurk, well almost lurk :wink2:

Hi Em, so glad you are finding more time to paint!!!!

JoAnn - OUCH!!! for cat and for purse :eek: :D

:wave: Uschi

Cathie Jones
11-23-2004, 02:34 PM
Howdy y'all :wave: Good to see everyone is reasonably well and happy. Except JJ - and you know they're right, girl - you're only hurting yourself, the neighbors just don't care.

Our snow hasn't all melted yet, but it's on the way. Took me an hour to get to work this morning - normally it takes 20 minutes - because of an accident on an icy bridge. Desert people don't know how to drive in this stuff - just go barreling down the road as if everything is okay. :eek: There were accidents all over the place. Sheeeesh . . .

Hope everybody has an opportunity to get their brushes wet today. I won't, but will do some Basic 101 drawing - it's 'spheres' this week.

XOXOXOXO

Christie
11-23-2004, 03:08 PM
Cathie, I just saw your link for the drawing classes! I can't keep up with them right now, but it sure is nice to have a .pdf around so I can slowly move on (I'm still on class two...).

Sharon Douglas
11-23-2004, 04:42 PM
Em, when you`ve finished your house can you come and do mine please :evil:

I`ve never seen so much dust in my life (I`ve never cleaned so much either :eek:

I`m off now to get a nice hot bath, then clean out the bathroom, ready for the tiler to come tomorrow...............he has had to leave the job for a couple of days whilst the attic men put in the steel supports above the bathroom..........we don`t want anything falling on his head do we :eek:

Anyway, I`ll go now, or I`ll never get there.
We had a buffet for Dougys birthday, along with a few drinky poo`s :evil:

:wave: see ya all soon.

djdedman
11-23-2004, 07:07 PM
Happy World Watercolour PAINTING Day !!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday to all celebrating today.

Late getting here, 6:30 this morning was out in the garage several hours cleaning. :crying:

Then had to pay bills, go to Post Office, Grocery shop for Thanksgiving.

Came home, found out from hubby that the AC needed flushed out, so did that.

Brought lunch home, good thing as I can hardly move. Did find nice sweater on sale while I was out. :evil:

I need 7 or 8 more hands to get things done for the holidays.

Just being lazy this evening, hopefully sometime this week-end will get to paint.

All have a good day/night.

:wave: Jackie :wave:

laudesan
11-23-2004, 08:04 PM
Hi guys.

Sorry about kitty JoAnn ouch expensive dental bill..

I shall not worry about that sofa anymore.. ;) He would not pay half to get it moved that is why it is still there. Anyway you are right life is too short to worry about such menial things.

We have Elise today as she has a runy nose and the Daycare rang Tania and said go pick her up.. Said child has had her morning tea and is happily playing in the play room singing away.. :D

Happy Birthday to all Birthday people..

Of course Pam is amking a quilt for her kitty, ours have their own croquet blankets made by moi' ;)

Alan is out in the back yard trimming the leaves from the fish tail palm, I have to go help him..

See ya later.

Love and huggles

pampe
11-23-2004, 08:26 PM
quilt's for Abbey

cat has a duvet :wink2:

laudesan
11-23-2004, 08:35 PM
quilt's for Abbey

cat has a duvet :wink2:

I knew that ;) :o :p

Europa
11-23-2004, 08:57 PM
Right am off to bed - its nearly two o clock and I have spent all night working on three portraits - halfway through the last one - its for our Chinese friends who are going back on Thursday - so hopefully I will get the 'Dad' one finished by tomorrow and be able to frame them - will post in gallery when have them all completed.

Waving to everyone!! Night Night!!! :wave: :wave:

Love and Hugs

Am off to snuggle up with Macduff!!

Pat xxx

Starsprite
11-23-2004, 09:44 PM
Am off to snuggle up with Macduff!!

Pat xxx

NOOOOO!!! I want MacDuff!!!!!! :D :evil: :evil:

CharM
11-23-2004, 10:24 PM
Hi everyone!!! Popping in for a few minutes... my fancy-dancy printer arrived late this afternoon... I've been playing!!! :evil:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Nov-2004/20514-MagooPrinter1.jpg

Pam... I'm sure that Abbey will appreciate a homemade quilt... :cat:

JoAnn and Em... I promised myself to clean out one closet every weekend a little while ago... I got two done... then... sheesh... I seemed to find other, better things to do... :evil:

:wave: to everyone!!! I'm going to dash over to the Gallery for a few minutes and then I'm off to bed...

Sending positive vibes and good thoughts your way... Gnite, sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite!!!

laudesan
11-23-2004, 11:48 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw there's my Magoo.. :) http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Nov-2004/22284-11613-19488-friends.gif

WOW now that IS a PRINTER...............;) :D

Lucky you have a portable easel..:D

Faafil
11-23-2004, 11:48 PM
Hi everyone!!! Popping in for a few minutes... my fancy-dancy printer arrived late this afternoon... I've been playing!!! :evil:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Nov-2004/20514-MagooPrinter1.jpg

Whoa Char!! Fantastic !!! Color me totally green with envy !! I want one too - wahhhh..... Those printers are amazing - hard to get too... You should be able to make some super prints of your paintings !! Way to go g/f !! :clap: :D :cool:

Just popped in for a quick minute to say :wave: to everyone, and sending my 11 hugs to all of you....

Have a great day/evening...

ML