PDA

View Full Version : Playing in Painter IX

Elvira
11-22-2004, 11:25 PM
I have been test driving my fiances latest computer creation [Athlon 64 3500+, 2.21GHz with 1.00GB DDR Ram: ATI Raedon 9550 with 256 DDR RAM, he thinks he has a conflict with the nvida bios chip on the mainboard and the ATI vid card] so has been having me play with Painter IX and PSP 9 amonst other thing to see if I I can mess it up. So far it works fine most of the time but will shut down and reboot when one least expects it too for no good reason.

I must admit I enjoy the speed which the brushes in Painter work at rather large sizes with no render lag. PSP 9 AM brushes are much slower, at the same size on a similiar size image.

This one that I'm playing with in Painter IX is 2000 X 1000 pi and so far I have only had a few layers but it is far from done.

Edie

einna
11-23-2004, 05:34 AM
Nice play ELvira. Love the sweet calm colors in this picture.

Annie

Elvira
11-23-2004, 11:28 AM
thank you !
Edie

Yako
11-23-2004, 12:53 PM
He! he! what a productive way to test a configuration!, next time i buy a PC i'll ask you to test it and i'll keep the "test" for me! :D :D :D (just kidding i loved the colors of your landscape) .....

justjean
11-23-2004, 10:28 PM
Lovely scene Edie :)

peoplepainter
11-24-2004, 05:19 AM
Hey Edie! This is really lovely. You said you weren't finished? I think it is really beautiful now. I love the touch you have with the brush (whatever brush you are using). I hope you don't lose that when you do more to it.

I think Painter 9 has done a good job speeding up the brushes.

Again, really pretty painting. :clap:

Lisa

JulieBoyles
11-24-2004, 10:12 AM
This is looking wonderful Edie! :clap: :clap: :clap: YOu are a master at doing clouds! :D The colors in this one are nice too. You may think about off-centering the river maybe just a little more in the foreground. I'm not sure, but it might be worth playing around with a little!

Congrats,

Julie

Elvira
11-24-2004, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the encouragement! As fate would have it the computer tinker trashed the drive and so the orignal is gone so I don't think I'll rework it though I could start from the almost full sized version in My Gallery on IDA. since it was atesting image I will most likely leave it and begin another when my tinkering buddy has this machine ready to test again. LOL.
Edie

captan
11-24-2004, 06:15 PM
You are hardly "testing" your rig with a 2 Megapixel image...

I create 20-25 Megapixel images with a 867Mhz G4, 1GB of MM and a GeForce2 MX (32MB memory) Working with Photoshop with about 20-30 layers, I get lag with brush sizes above 200-300 pixels and smudge tool I have to keep below 20-30 pixels - but then again, I don't generally work with brushes bigger than 100pixels and often go down to 3 pixels or less for details.

Try something bigger...

Elvira
11-24-2004, 07:01 PM
I was just getting started but the "rig" turns out to be very unstable and my partner is having problems finding the cause. LOL When he gets it stablized then I'll start another and raise the stakes LOL.
Edie