PDA

View Full Version : **** Daily Wash 22nd Novenber, Monday ****

Rod
11-21-2004, 11:48 PM
Hi Gang,

Thought I would start todays wash :)

Its nearly 6pm here, just finished work, tea is cooking ;)

have a great day,
Hello to everyone :)

Rod.

Faafil
11-22-2004, 12:03 AM
Hi Rod!! Nice to see you!! :wave:

9pm Sunday evening here :)

JJ, I love your cards - you've been busy !! I'm still working on my painting, hope to post it this evening... I need some help on a few parts...

Otter - good to hear you're in the studio again... and 162 daffodils ?? You MUST take pics for us in the spring... what a wonderful splash of color that will be...

Weaving :wave: to all yet to come... and sending 11 hugs your way!!

ML

djdedman
11-22-2004, 12:22 AM
Hi Washun's
Rod and ML good to see you. It is 12:17 am here in FL. Mostly rested today after coming home from Church.
Cleaned carpet all last week, just have the hallway to do this week and will be finished.
Still have alot more to do before the holidays tho.
After cleaning the carpet in the living room, I now have a spot cleaned out to put the Christmas tree, after Thanksgiving.
Not sure I will be able to paint any cards this year for Christmas, just not enough time.
Wishing everyone a great day.
bbl
Jackie

Ellen in Ont
11-22-2004, 12:27 AM
Hi everyone,
Just stopping by for a minute before going to bed. I did 14 hours of Christmas decorating today and am at the exact middle of the job. 14 rubbermaid tubs (the great big ones) unpacked and 13 to go. What a job. At least the tree is up and decorated and all the boxes carried up from the basement. Going back down empty is a lot easier. :rolleyes: By the time I am finished every flat surface in the house (and some not so flat) will be covered with something Christmassy. I have been collecting since I was a teenager and the number of "things" is staggering. People have suggested I give tours of the house. :D :rolleyes: I love seeing it all come out each year but the house seems so clean and fresh when it gets packed up again.
Anyway, I'm babbling. Blame it on being exhausted. Time for bed (well, maybe a quick peek in the gallery first).
Good night (or morning as the case may be). :wave:

vasilkadifeli
11-22-2004, 01:42 AM
Morning all, just finished going through all emails from posts I had subscribed at wetcanvas...

First snow of the season here... we got used to rains but it is something else when it snows in Istanbul... people get crazy... the traffic becomes unbearable... today it took me twice the time I normally spend to come to work in the morning... once back in Jan 2000 I remember it took me six hours to drive the 14 kms which was normally taking 45 to 60 mins from work to home :rolleyes:... a city of more than 12 milion people :(...

mr sandbanx
11-22-2004, 01:44 AM
Hey Jackie I got your note and will let you know asap.

Hi Ellen, sounds like Christmas at your place is a bit like mine... Rubbermaid tubs and all.

Morning all. Kevin have a great trip we will miss your "morning each" for a few days

Chris

Roun2it
11-22-2004, 01:47 AM
Morning each,

I'm up early and just haven't enough time this morning. Got loads to do before we set off for our short break to Scotland. I'm waiting for it to get light so that I can send my challenge stuff to Chris, funny isn't it how the internet doesn't work in the UK, in the dark :wink2: (I'm waiting to take the photo, I don't like using flash)

I had a horrid tme yesterday rushing around, and it shows in the painting. Learned one thing, it's difficult to paint to deadlines :(

Nice Xmas cards JJ, and Henry I've been on the road at the Electric Brae and it is more than weird. You just let your handbrake off and the car rolls uphill......truly amazing!!

Anyway must go got the dogs to walk and stuff to sort out before we set off. See ya Friday. :wave:

Wow what a xpost, timing for the Morning each or what? If your interested this is the area we are going to. Rothesay (http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/bute/rothesaycastle/)

madmum
11-22-2004, 02:45 AM
Morning peeps :wave:

Another Monday already, where are the weeks going? :wink2:

Kev, have a great time in Scotland, you might be lucky with the weather! Bring back lots of photos, please, I love Scotland!!!! :D

JJ, your cards are great, you've been a busy bee!

Jackie, glad you're a little more mobile :)

Ellen, I'm in shock!!!!! HOW many boxes of decorations????? :eek: We want photos of your house when you're finished!!!!

Hi Vasil, I never imagined it could snow in Istanbul - does it happen often?

Hi Chris, Rod and ML :)

Still trying to wake up, back later if I can fight off this fuzzy head (stayed up late watching the first episode of "The 4400" last night - so far it's gripping!)

Hugs

Ruth

laudesan
11-22-2004, 02:52 AM
:wave: to all..

Rod, great to see you start the wash.. How have you been, what have you been up to, hows' your painting going??

Thanks ML I plan on painting some more tonight. Gotta try and think original, bit hard to do here with no snow and all.. ;)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Nov-2004/22284-bon_voyage.gif Kev and Chris.. You have a whale of a time.. Don't forget to take pics now..

Ellen PLEASE take pics of your Chrsitmas decorations . I would love to see them especially as I don't decorate my house much at all..

Hi Vasil, gee, sorry about your bad trip to work, hope folks get more sensible about driving in the snow..

Hi Jackie and Chris.. :)

It is nearly 6.00pm here. Thinking about what to cook for dinner. Frenched lamb chops probably.. :) With a bunch of veges..

Huggles everyone..

Lulu
11-22-2004, 02:54 AM
Evening each:)
Busy weekend, went with a friend to hear a priest sing - brilliant voice, just getting known in NZ, and has cut several cd's. His main work is with young people.
Also saw a movie - The Notebook - lovely love story. Still have warm fuzzies from it:)

Kev, have a wonderful time in Scotland.

Hi Rod, no skiting about the temperature today?? lol Congratulations on your new Watercolour lesson CD. Found it on your website:)
I hope it goes as well as the first one, and I'm delighted to see Lulu's Pansy Barrow on the cover:)

Hi Jackie, ML, Ellen, Chris, Ruth, Vasil (move to NZ Vasil, only 4 million people here in our whole country):)

I'd like to know what a rubbermaid tub is please.............

Hi JJ, we cross-posted:)

billyg
11-22-2004, 04:26 AM
Greetings Washuns,
I know its ages since I have posted but time just seems to flash by these days. Must be that grand daughter of mine. Anyway I am still painting albeit a lot of oils lately but still the odd watercolour. Have to get some ready for our Summer Show in January.I've been looking at a DVD and CD by an Hawaiian guy Richard Nelson, quite intersting with his tri Colour glazing.
As Rod has obviously gloated, we are into the start of summer here in NZ and I am patiently waiting for OZ to burst into flames as usual so we can get some great sunsets over here. :evil: just kidding. We will have to think of a NZ get-together preferably in the SI as I cant fly ( the stewardesses are not allowed to lift us crips!!!!!.)
Have you discovered Winsor and Newtons Quinacridone Gold (PO49) yet.What a lovely colour. Sad that the manufacture of Quinacridone is or has stopped so they can only use what they have and then All Gone.
OK time to go and read my book and rest my butt :o. You want to try sitting on it for 16hrs a day. LOL.
Take care Guys and Gals.
Billyg. :D

laudesan
11-22-2004, 04:36 AM
Hi Billy, nice to see you again..:)

CHAR.. Have you got your email fixed yet????????????

painterbear
11-22-2004, 06:14 AM
Good Morning all,

It is just three minutes before six in the morning here in Ohio. Still dark, naturally.

Didn't get here at all yesterday so will have to go back and look at what happened here. Things were quite hectic around here with the bundle of energy known as Quinn. He loves running up and down the stairs (he lives in a one-story house) and around all the rooms. DH created a new toy—he built up a 4-ft. long ramp using a spare board (from the roof job) and a couple of books. Then he and Quinn set up dinosaurs and monster figures at one end and "bowled" them down with toy cars. (We joked about putting it in a box and selling it for $39.99 in time for Christmas. Painted version of the board for $49.99!)

Daughter Kari and her friend Mike arrived in time for my birthday luncheon, so I had 2/3 of my little family gathered around at one time—a rare happening these days with everyone scattered as they are. Talked to son Kent later in the day by phone. It was a nice day all around and I've now officially joined the ranks of "seasoned" citizen, not sure if that's any better than "senior" citizen. :wink2:

Must admit though, after lunch when Christine and Quinn and Kari and Mike were waving goodbye as they drove off, DH and I went in the house, turned off the phone, and both took a reposo! It was an exhausting two days. LOL!

Kev has probably already started on his trip to Scotland so I hope he has a wonderful time.

Ellen, I'm exhausted hearing about your Christmas decorating. Every year it seems I put fewer and fewer of my decorations out because I'm always thinking, "If I put this out, I only have to put it away in a couple of weeks." Getting lazy, I guess. Would love to see photos of your home when it is all decked out though.

Vasil, I can imagine the chaos when it snowed, especially since you normally don't get snow there in Istanbul! One time when we were living in Virginia south of Washington, D.C. there was a major snowstorm. It took my husband 8 hours on the bus to get home (normally about an hour-long drive)! They had to send out the National Guard to rescue people from stranded vehicles all along the interstate highway and take them to emergency shelters until the next day when the snow stopped and the roads could be plowed.

Weaving :wave: to Rod, JJ, Mary Lou, Billy, Lulu, Ruth, Chris, Jackie, and AWAYTC!

Off to check out the Gallery—I want to see JJ's cards that people are talking about here and all the other new paintings. Miss a day, miss a lot around here!

SYL,

Sylvia

laudesan
11-22-2004, 06:34 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SYLVIA

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Nov-2004/22284-Realistic_cake.gif http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Nov-2004/22284-23703-birth.gif http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Nov-2004/22284-23703-birth.gif http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Nov-2004/22284-Realistic_cake.gif

My Cards are in yesterdays wash..

vasilkadifeli
11-22-2004, 06:40 AM
is it your birthday Sylvia ?
Happy Birthday To You...
yes it snows a few times here in Istanbul, usually on late Jan and Feb... sometimes it lasts a week and we have a real chaos... but the problem starts with the first day of the snow, after that everyone gets used to it...

CharM
11-22-2004, 06:47 AM
Good morning Washers! Wow... it's already Monday... the weekend certainly zipped by! SW Ontario is back to more seasonal temps, as it's hovering around zero this morning... We're expecting it to turn colder, yet, and maybe we'll get snow by the end of the week...

I worked on one of my paintings yesterday and have it nearly finished!!! :eek: For me, that's pretty amazing... :D Magoo took over the internet, so I watched the movie "Matilde"... a good chuckle...

Cathie, while you were playing in the snow, we were walking around in shirtsleeves! That's ok... you keep it...

I was working in Little Rock, Arkansas, one winter... We got freezing rain and snow... The TV news was telling people to stay home... everything was cancelled... Shocking... it just wasn't that bad... We bundled up and set off to drive to the office... there were 2 folks from Chicago and myself... When we finally got there, the place was closed up tighter than a drum and we had to turn around and drive back... no one was on the roads, though... they must have heeded TV guy's advice... :D

Oh... and totally off topic, but I see that Little Rock has a new Library... :evil: :D :angel:

Mary, aren't daffodils just the happiest flowers??? Those beautiful bright yellows cheer up the winter doldrums in a heartbeat... glad that you're getting down to your studio... question... why not move a few of your supplies to the main floor??? Make things a little easier for yourself!

Good evening to you Rod... whatcha got cookin'???

Hi ML! We must be of a single mind... my painting won't be ready to post till tonight or tomorrow, though... I'll look for yours!

Good to see you here, Jackie! Not a carpet in my house... took them all up just for that reason... no shampooing ever again! :D Don't work tooo hard!

Ellen, your house will smell sooo good and look sooo pretty... I agree with the others... you must take pics and share...

Vasil... LOL about traffic in the first snow... even here in Canada, when it snows for the first time, people all take their *silly pills* and head for their cars... it usually takes a couple of snowfalls before they get their sense back... I can't imagine living in such a large city... :(

:wave: Chris

Have an excellent trip, Kev!!!

Hi Ruth! I was thinking the same thing... time seems to have revved up a notch and it's moving much faster than it should...

JJ... firstly... no email... the techies should be able to get me back online today (hoping)... secondly... your cards are sooo pretty!... thirdly... you've lived down under most of your life, without snow at Christmas... paint what you know, g/f!!!

Hi Lulu! Now that you mention it, there's only 32 million people in all of Canada! :eek: Such a big country with so few people... of course, a lot of our land is uninhabitable... :D Rubbermaid is a trademark name for plastic goods and stuff... the tubs are big, plastic storage containers (they're great) that can be stacked for safekeeping all kinds of things...

It's so nice to see you here, Billy! That is SHOCKING news about quinacridone!!! I finally tried the quin gold just recently and fell in love with its vibrancy!!!

Happy Birthday Syl-sis!!!!! *you didn't breathe a word last week* Don't you love the raucous noise that kids make? Their laughter is so genuine!!!! Sounds like you had a blast...

Beaming positive vibes and good thoughts to all... :D

JudyL
11-22-2004, 07:17 AM
Morning all,
JJ, thanks for the picture of the palette, I will be looking out for one, it does look like a good one for travel.
Speaking of which, we are going to be going to Shifnal for a week, DH for training, me some painting and for shopping at the mall in nearby Telford in Shropshire. We will probably go to Iron Bridge, which is, oddly enough, where the worlds first cast iron bridge was built.
Today, not much, we will not be putting up Christmas decorations this year as we will be going to California for that, which is why I need to go to a mall!
Later
JudyL

Uschi
11-22-2004, 08:12 AM
I worked on one of my paintings yesterday and have it nearly finished!!! :eek:

:eek: CHAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am in shock! :evil: :D

I've started mine of hydrangeas and here is my conversation with myself "gee that's hard", "I'm lost where the heck am I", "this is going to take me forever, what was I thinking", "think Char, one petal at the time" :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sylvia!!!!!!!!!! Wishing you many more, healthy and content years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cathie and Vasil, you can keep and enjoy that snow for a while longer before you send it over here. Weird weather!!!!!!!!!!!

Otter - :clap: :clap: Good for you making it downstairs!!! Is your back completely painfree now??????????? I truly hope so!!!!

Ellen - you wear me out just thinking about it, I'm like Sylvia, less and less each year, actually down to extreme minimalism :D

Henry - :crying: re kiten, soooo sad. Glad you are getting pleasure from your birdie!!!

JJ - Christmas cards look just lovely!!!!

Billie - no Quin Gold :eek: :eek: Say it isn't so!!!!! WHY??????

Gerrie (olika) is dropping in today, :clap: :clap: looking forward to it, she is a REAL early bird so I better not linger in dressing gown until 10 a.m.

:wave: :wave: and sending good thoughts to ne and all!!!!!
Uschi

Starsprite
11-22-2004, 08:20 AM
Happy Birthday Sylvia!!! :clap: :clap:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Nov-2004/6385-BD7.gif

Nice to see you Rod, hope things are going well with you.

Jackie nice seeing you too!! I need to clean my carpets too... such a big chore...I dread it!!

Hi Billy...nice to see you drop in! :)

I would like to see pics of your Christmassy house too Ellen! I don't go too overboard for the same reason as Sylvia.... what you put up you gotta take down. How do you guys find the time to do all this stuff along with regular household chores? I work fulltime and there just doesn't seem to be time for too much extra stuff like that. Oh maybe if I wasn't on Wetcanvas so much.... LOL :D

I really liked your Christmas cards JJ... they are fun to paint aren't they?

Hi Chris!! I can imagine that Brenda has a lot of Christmas decorations... loved the snowman collection in that one picture I saw.

Well, I can't stay here long... I have to go roust up the daughter every five minutes to get her out of bed for school.... it's especially hard on Mondays.

Have a great day!

Little Old Lady
11-22-2004, 08:57 AM
Greetings :wave:
Have a Happy Birthday Sylvia!
My Christmas decorations keep swindling too. this year will give up my life long love of Live Christmas trees! :crying:
Hate to see decorations go up before Thanksgiving.
Dedication of ne dining room at Nursing home. Lady with big bucks financed the whole thing. Wanted it to be as nice as best dining room in any hotel! It is beautiful the JB (her name) Fireside Bistro!
Have a good one.
JoAnn

Europa
11-22-2004, 09:52 AM
AFTERNOON WASHGANGEROOS!!!

Well busy busy day today - just been down to Argos with Jamie to get his present for his birthday on Wednesday - he is now the proud owner of a mini fridge for his room - of course he went for the most expensive one with the excuse that it would hold wine as well as guinness (I didn't know he drank wine :confused: )

Been to Carphone Warehouse to sort out the insurance on the phones - the young girl said I didn't look old enough to be Jamie's Mum - sooooooo she is definitely top of my christmas card list......LOL. (Flattery gets you EVERYWHERE!!)

Can't believe some of you are already putting up Christmas decorations - its only November!! :confused: Will be interesting to see all Ellen's decorations - I remember the couple of times I have been stateside at Christmas - never seen so much Christmas stuff in peoples houses - very nice though and some of the outside displays were amazing.

We put up our tree and a couple of wall decorations and lights on the window and thats it.......we have a fibre optic tree nowadays - much easier! :D

Have nearly finished latest double portrait but am having problems with one of the mouths - may post it in the gallery for some advice if I can't work it out myself.

TMTRTI so will wave and send lots of hugs.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Nov-2004/29499-birthdayflowers.gif

SYLVIA!!

Later folks.

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

Pat xxx

pampe
11-22-2004, 10:31 AM
MOnday Mumbles

BILLYg...great to see you...I agree about QUIN GOLD...my primary yellow these days

IT SNOWED and is still snowing...aboyut 2 inches....

CHAR...we had the same experience in Tulsa and Houston....the problem was that no one knew HOW to drive on ice and snow....that's whay the cancelled everything...was always my favorite day to drive to work....NO TRAFFIC

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Sylvia (wish I had pretty flowers like ^Pat^)

Busy day....going to pick up a Hutterite turkey....meeting at the hospital, swim, lighting store for new fixture, then chiropractor....whew

And then we HAVE to start cleaning and getting ready for T-day

Ush....I listen to you all talk and realize that the painting loses me when it ceases to be "relaxing" :wink2:

Have a great day

artmom
11-22-2004, 10:58 AM
:wave: everyone!

Just had to come out of lurkdom to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SYLVIA! We are remiss, expecting you to tell us when everyone's birthday is, and then missing yours!!!!! :rolleyes: Sounds as if you had a good one!

JoAnn, sorry about Wisconsin. :( Yes, the VOLS won, but it wasn't pretty! LOL

As poor Ed (DH) has to do so much for me every day, I hate to burden him with the Christmas decorations, too, so we put up fewer each year! Might get the grandkids to come over and help--but then they hate to help put it away! LOL

There is a Rubbermaid plant right here in Blount County. My DIL Melanie is the Queen of Rubbermaid containers!! :wink2:

Hope the virtual Medical Rooms clear out soon!

May your today be better than your yesterday.

Lyn

Christie
11-22-2004, 11:00 AM
Morning All!

Busy day here, again.... sigh. It's snowing here too and the wind chill is actually making it miserable.:D Not as much as when JJ and Alan were here though.

Car needs to go into the shop today for some further work. Then we need to vote (so we can complain:D ) and then I get to come home and clean. As I will be choosing NOT to go outside today, I think I might paint later on.:D

Sylvia, Happy Birthday!!

I took a dog with me tot he school bus stop and she was shivering when we got home. That didn't stop her from wanting to run around the backyard when we got home. :rolleyes:

Pat, one must always set limits with one's children. Did SWMBO buy wine to fill his fridge?:D I had a chuckle about you guys going out on a Saturday night and all her comments.

Christmas around here is getting a bit more decorated every year. The kids are now old enough not to eat the pretty things, so I am slowly bringing out the heirlooms. Every year, it feels a bit more like Christmas as it should be, but not, however the Christmas I grew up with.

Have to take the car to the shop. Hi to everyone else.

Take care.

Ottersong
11-22-2004, 11:02 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SYLVIA

NO QUINACRIDONES ANYMORE ?????????? what will I do??? half of my palette is quinacridones. TOTAL PANIC TIME.

Char, DH brought a lot of my WC stuff upstairs but it seems like I constantly need something that is downstairs. I went down again last night to do my drawing lesson an to finish up the laundry. DH has been great about doing the laundry but says he deeply appreciates my doing what I can this weekend. I was so tired last night when finished that it was hard to get up the steps even with help. Guess I will wait until next weekend before I try again.

Kev, the castles look wonderful, wnjoy your trip and hopefully you will have good weather for taking pix.

I don't do much xmas decorating anymore, it just simply takes so much energy and I am still short on energy,lol.

Hopefully see you all later, love Otter

Europa
11-22-2004, 11:14 AM
Pat, one must always set limits with one's children. Did SWMBO buy wine to fill his fridge?:D I had a chuckle about you guys going out on a Saturday night and all her comments.

Christie - SWMBO is my Mum....lol.(She Who Must Be Obeyed) - she doesnt need a mini fridge - the wine isnt around long enough (ooh she will kill me for saying that :p ) - it was Darling Son Jamie who got the mini fridge - he says he is going to have to buy beer tonight to try it out.....lol.

Pat

Christie
11-22-2004, 12:05 PM
Christie - SWMBO is my Mum....lol.(She Who Must Be Obeyed) - she doesnt need a mini fridge - the wine isnt around long enough (ooh she will kill me for saying that :p ) - it was Darling Son Jamie who got the mini fridge - he says he is going to have to buy beer tonight to try it out.....lol.

Pat

Pat, I knew SWMBO is your mum, but I figured that given the way she dotes on Jamie it would be the least she could do to fill the fridge for him. :evil: :wink2: :D It's something that any good grandmother would do... really...

ktrayn78
11-22-2004, 12:11 PM
Hi everybody :wave:

I haven't been around much because Steph (the sister who had a baby on October 21st) has gallbladder disease or gall stones or whatever and she was real sick for a couple of days before they realized what was wrong. So helped out some more until she felt confident that she wasn't going to die alone in her apartment with a screaming infant at her side.

Uschi, you cracked me up talking about your hydrangeas painting! I've tried florals and I'm terrible at it, can't tell one petal from the next. Good luck, if any one can do it I know you can!

Hey, happy birthday Sylvia! Hope you have a good one!

We haven't started putting up our Christmas decorations yet but we will very soon. I can't wait. Last year was our first Christmas in the new house and we couldn't find our Xmas decorations so I went out and bought new ones. Since then the old ones have turned up so we will have twice the Christmassy fun!

pampe
11-22-2004, 12:16 PM
otter...what will you do???

SHOP SHOP SHOP now.....make a giant stash :evil:

BobH
11-22-2004, 12:43 PM
But WHY??? Why will there be no more Quinacridones?? I don't have a lot but LOVE the one's I have!!

Europa
11-22-2004, 12:46 PM
Ooops Sorry Christie - I misunderstood.....lol.

Pat

billyg
11-22-2004, 12:54 PM
QUINACRIDONE According to the Golden Paints site, the company that manufactures quinacridone {Whoever they may be} isnt making any more {dont know why!} and when the present stocks have all been used up : That will be That. Just what I read. All the colours are so bright.
Billyg.
ps The only one ( I can find) who make Quin Gold PO49 are W&N watercolour, Golden Paints Acrylic, Daniel Smith oil. Im sure there must be others. Daler Rowney dont, they use it but in their Transparent Brown.
Regards Billyg. :angel:

pampe
11-22-2004, 12:56 PM
Billy...I use DANIEL SMITH quins

wonderful

Lulu
11-22-2004, 01:52 PM
just popping in to say
Happy Birthday Syliva!
I hope you are having a wonderful day, and many many happy returns! :clap:

DominicM
11-22-2004, 02:04 PM
Hi all - need a bed in the recovery room... got the dreaded lurgie...

Kev enjoy scotland....

HUgs to all those who need them, and birthday wishes to Sylvia...

toyam
11-22-2004, 02:42 PM
Hello to All.... just wanted to wish Sylvia a very happy birthday, it sounds like you had a wonderful two days ...many many happy returns..

Uschi, you can do it and it will be perfect!! but it does boggle the mind...
Hi Char, no snow here yet either, than again we are Southern Ontario..LOL
JJ your cards are nice, you sure work fast!! I only have four done so far.

Ellen I would love to see your house too!!

Hi lyn, nice to see you here again...

Bonnie R

Starsprite
11-22-2004, 02:50 PM
Hi all - need a bed in the recovery room... got the dreaded lurgie...

Hi Dominic.... I almost hate to ask...but what is the "dreaded lurgie?" LOL I have a feeling I definitely don't want it! Hope you feel better soon. :)

Oh Lulu..I meant to say earlier that I saw the movie The Notebook also... isn't that a tearjerker?!!! Very touching isn't it? I like Nicholas Sparks books also.

Hi Kim...glad to see you back!!! I have heard gallstones are extremely painful. I hope your sister feels better now. Reminds me...the other day my oldest daughter and I were out and about and we decided to stop in Starbucks and get a latte/coffee. We went in and there were two guys at the counter...one had a really strange look on his face and I mean strange...like a look that was stuck on his face and he couldn't change it. LOL And he talked funny too. He took our order ...then went to make our coffees and Christine and I looked at each other like "what the heck is wrong with that guy?". The other guy looked kind of embarrassed when the strange one talked. Then when he brought our drinks to us he said "ohhh don't mind me.... I'm passing a kidney stone!!" LOL!!!!! I couldn't believe he was working in that condition..he should have been in the hospital!!

OK...back to work... :)

Cathie Jones
11-22-2004, 03:11 PM
:There is a Rubbermaid plant right here in Blount County.
Lyn

No way! That stuff grows on plants??? :eek: Are they tall plants or more like ground cover? LOLOLOL :D Wonder if we could get them to grow here??

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SYLVIA!!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Nov-2004/23460-birthday_cake_confetti.gif

(It finally stopped snowing about an hour ago . . . warmed all the way up to 42F!)

Flattwo
11-22-2004, 03:22 PM
Hello all

Kev...have a nice time

Patty...what a strange person in the coffee shop...and it came to pass, shot out, pinged around the shop and plopped into a Latte!... one lump or two...no extra charge

Henry

Starsprite
11-22-2004, 03:31 PM
Hello all

Patty...what a strange person in the coffee shop...and it came to pass, shot out, pinged around the shop and plopped into a Latte!... one lump or two...no extra charge

Henry

LOL!!!! Glad they had lids on them! :D This guy must go to work under any circumstance....we laughed about him all day. He kind of reminded me of Kramer on Seinfeld.

painterbear
11-22-2004, 03:32 PM
Good afternoon all,

Thanks so much to all who wished me a Happy Birthday (which actually was yesterday, but I enjoyed the good thoughts today too). :p

Patty and JJ, Your cakes are the best kind, lovely to look at and no calories to have to worry about. :clap:

Pat, Your floral wish was gorgeous. I almost could smell the lovely flowers.

JoAnn, Watch out, I'm closing in on you! LOL!

What a wonderful way for someone to use their money. Hope all the residents enjoy the new JB's Fireside Bistro.

No Christmas fol de rol around our house until after Thanksgiving. Usually wait until at least December 1st to do any decorating.

Billy, I hope that story about the Quinacridones is only for that one company. Like Pam I have Daniel Smith, Winsor Newton, and M. Graham Quinacridone colors. They are lovely shades too.

Wishing all who are in the Waiting and Recovery Rooms quick healing and good health starting RIGHT NOW!

Off to check out the new paintings in the Gallery.

SYtomorrow.

Sylvia

Ellen in Ont
11-22-2004, 04:22 PM
Hi again,
Just popping in for a short tea break from the decorating. (That reminds me... the mugs have to be switched over to the Christmas ones... sigh). The reason I start decorating so early is that it is a week long process and I have to fit it in around work. I also have two parties to host here on the 9th and 10th so everything needs doing ASAP. Once it is done I can sit down and enjoy the holidays (except for writing the cards, mailing out gifts, and finishing the shopping :D ) I will definately show you some pictures once it's done. DH is in charge of the outside and has only got a week left before we have to turn them on (Dec 1). He has to be poked, prodded and nagged to get it done but is proud of the result once finished. :D We have acturally had strangers ring the doorbell and ask when we are turning the lights on LOL.

I brought in a CD with two of my paintings on it to a local photo studio and they are making prints from them. If they are good quality, I am giving them as Christmas gifts. They sound like they know what they are doing... they asked me to bring in the original paintings so they could match the colours as closely as possible.

Sylvia, Happy belated birthday! It sounds like you had a good day. :)

There are too many to reply to individually so wishing everyone a great day, evening or tomorrow morning as the case may be. :wave:

Uschi
11-22-2004, 04:49 PM
So, what was I going to say......

Pam, this one is NOT relaxing. I am here instead of painting, that should tell you EVERYTHING LOL

It's all my own fault; it's my stupid obsession with sun and cast shadows. Can barely tell if they are petals or cast shadows and trying to hit the right colour for those darn cast shadows - :eek: On top of that I am turning a pink one blue LOL without acidic soil:rolleyes:

Bonnie - THANK YOU!!! I have been meaning to PM you and keep forgetting

Christmas tree - I swore I would never, ever, get a fake one, period!!!! What do I have now, a little fake one, that is all decorated up, I store it in the basement in a large plastic bag and at Christmas I bring it up, slip off the bag, plug it in and Voila, there is a really cute, really small, and really fake tree.

JoAnn - WOW!! That is wonderful.

I met one of my ex-colleagues today. She is the executer for her recently departed sister (87), single, lots of diamonds, lots of savings, nice house etc. etc. and all that goes to the church - she had become a born again Christian and my friend says she was obvioulsy buying her way into heaven - she had 7 sisters.

re Quin paints - all Quins or just the gold????? Maybe someone sued them because they dropped dead after they licked the brush :evil: :D

I think Gerri got caught up in the Christmas mood (shopping). No sign of her :rolleyes:

Ellen - the printers must be doing a Giclee.

I have a KodaK digital camera and must say, the colour it produces is absolutely perfect. Never have to adjust, and now that I have figured it out about the 90 lb watercolour paper, my $ 50 Lexmark printer is doing a superb job. I am just thrilled with my little prints.

We had the most fantastic day weather wise. Could it be spring???????

:wave: to everyone!!!!!
Uschi

Sharon Douglas
11-22-2004, 05:58 PM
Happy birthday Sylvia

I hope you had a wonderful day Yesterday.

It`s Dougys and mine first wedding anniversary today, I got a beautiful diamond eternity ring, and the usual chocs c.d.s etc.
Then this afternoon, I was feeling a little low................the attic conversion is starting to get to me.............one of the builders fell through the ceiling, and you should have seen the mess. :eek:
It was funny really once we found out that he was ok :evil: , but I was close to crying when I saw the mess.

Anyway, there was me close to tears :crying: when there was a knock at the door, and it was flowers being delivered, perfect timing :D .

It`s Dougys birthday tomorrow, he`s booked to get home from work tomorrow night, so the kids are all excited because we celebrated his birthday at the weekend, just incase he didn`t get home, so that means they`ll have had 2 birthday celebrations :rolleyes:

Anyway, don`t know how, but I`ve managed to do this weeks challenge, I just need a few tweaks here and there.
I can`t wait for this work to be done so I can get back to some sort of normality.

The builders have been here from 8am until 7pm everyday including weekends, so I haven`t had a minute .............it will be worth it when it`s done though :D

Anyway goodnight all,
Sorry to go on so much, what a week. :D ;)

I`m off to bed, I need sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JudyL
11-22-2004, 06:20 PM
Hi, look and found this on the Quinacridone from Golden Paint, here's the word

New Berlin, NY, September 2, 2004 -

First the bad news: We have been forced to discontinue our most venerable color, a color we introduced to the marketplace, and one that soon became our signature color – Quinacridone Gold. The pigment manufacturer will no longer support the required pigment, and despite an exhaustive search, there is simply no other source to be found.

Now the good news: Through a vigilant effort, the Golden Lab, led by fearless director Jim Hayes, has created a well-matched solution to the original Quinacridone Gold. By blending a Quinacridone Gold Red Shade with Nickel Azo, the new blend called Quinacridone/Nickel Azo Gold achieves the wonderful characteristics of the original Quinacridone Gold, including a warm yellow-gold quality in the undertone as well as a tight tint.. Golden Artist Colors, Inc. is excited about the new formula and we hope you too will delight in its rich qualities. Watch for Quinacridone/Nickel Azo Gold in stores later this fall. Samples of the new color are available upon request through Customer Service.

For questions or assistance on specific projects, please contact Tech Support at [email protected] or 800-959-6543 / 607-847-6154 Mon. – Fri. 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EST.

Looks like it may be just theirs and just the gold.

djdedman
11-22-2004, 06:27 PM
Happy Belated Birthday Sylvia, many,many more.

Happy Anniversary Sharon & Doug, wishing you many more too in addition to Happy birthday to Sharons Doug.

Think I got everyone. :wave:

Have a great trip Kev.

Jackie

CharM
11-22-2004, 06:52 PM
Hi Everyone!!! At 2:43 p.m. this afternoon... my EMAIL was back up and running!!! Woo hoo! There were only 286 new messages in my Inbox... Boo hoo! Then, I discovered that the programme thought 92 of those were new, but I'd already dealt with them last Thursday... Phew! :D :D :D

Christie... the techies were of no help... zero... nadda... I had to reinstall Office 2000 from the Network, on a 56K dialup modem... since they could see Outlook on my drive, and my email messages on the server, they felt that I didn't really have a problem... grrrrgh...

I love being self-sufficient... :D Of course, pride goes before a fall, so I'm definitely not tooting my own horn... LOL

Uschi, dear... treat each petal as if it were it's own painting... quit trying to look at the entire blossom... you're making yourself a nervous wreck!!! You can adjust your shadows at the very end of the process... I'm really anxious to see what you're up to!

I have one more element to finish in my painting and will be able to post it tomorrow! This is definitely a record for me... AND... I like it so far!

:wave: Bonnie!!! Haven't seen you in a dog's age!!! Hope everything's ok and retirement is still lots of fun! :D

Sheesh Dominic... ((())) hope you get to feeling better pretty quick!

Sprite... Shame on you for laughing at that poor man... It was pretty funny... and I nearly spit my green tea on my monitor... :D :D :D

Pam... I have to ask what a Hutterite Turkey is... ???

Kim... so sorry to read about your sister's problem... good thing she has you to depend on!

Happy Anniversary Sharon and Dougy!!!! and... Happy Birthday Dougy (tomorrow)

Through the ceiling??? OHMYGAWSH Sharon... plaster dust... it gets into everything... ((()))

Thanks for the info Judy... supports what I found (but didn't copy... duh...) It seems that the acrylic quin gold was initially developed for the automotive industry... car makers no longer offer any hue of that gold and so it's been discontinued... I haven't been able to find anything about quin gold watercolour...

Magoo wants the Internet and I want to paint... when I scoot him off to bed, maybe I'll be able to get back on for a few minutes... just in case... sending positive vibes and good thoughts your way... :D

pampe
11-22-2004, 07:55 PM

pampe
11-22-2004, 07:55 PM
CharSis...very much like the Amish...but here around the Rockies, we have communities of HUTTERITES (http://www.hutterites.org/)

Greacious, simple lifestyle folks who raise GREAT food!!!

laudesan
11-22-2004, 08:23 PM
Oh Char thank you, I was going to ask her too.. So Pam.....you mean a free range turkey ..........right..........:)

Glad you got your emails going again too Phew............286. I know only half of those were mine.. :p :D :evil:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY SHARON AND DOUG.. http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Nov-2004/22284-champagne_glasses_confetti_md_wht.gif

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Nov-2004/22284-happy_birthday.gif DOUG

:wave: to everybody, I should move my butt. It is 11.30am here already..

Huggles..

maryrose
11-22-2004, 08:37 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Nov-2004/26851-springbirthday.gif

SYLVIA

"Reposo" is my new favorite word!

Uschi
11-22-2004, 08:53 PM
OHHHHH Sharon, what a wonderful man you have and you surely do deserve him!!!!! Happy anniversary!!!!! A hole in the ceiling??? how the heck do you fix that???

Char, actually it is all your fault. I loved your Morning Glory painting with all the lovely blues but didn't want to copy you (well not right away anyway :D ) and also paint Morning Glories. Since I have been wanting to paint blue hydrangea for a long time, I decided that this was a good time :eek:
I'm using different colours from you - DaVinci Phthalo blue, Prussian blue and Indigo. 1/3rd done, leaves not finished.

Actually, in a very massacistic (sp?) way I am enjoying it, simply because I do love a challenge.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Nov-2004/10602-hydrangea_onethird.jpg

:wave: good night!!
Uschi

laudesan
11-22-2004, 09:01 PM
Oh My USchi...........

Christie
11-22-2004, 10:01 PM
Uschi, that is a lovely piece of work, even unfinished!

Ottersong
11-22-2004, 10:48 PM
I am gnawing my fingernaills to a nub and banging my head on the table after looking at Ushi's hydranga GGAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH. Oh well Ushi, it gives me a goal to work towards. Beautiful, beautiful.

Phew, so glad to hear it is (hopefully) just Golden acrylics discontinuing quiacridone gold not everyone discontinuing ALL of the quinacridone colors. I think that I willl callDaniel Smith in the morning and see what they have to say on the subject since they came out with them first. (I think)

Working on my drawing like mad, takes me forever to draw anything and it still comes out wonky.

Love Otter

CharM
11-22-2004, 11:00 PM
Hi everyone... It's about 10 minutes till bedtime, so I've popped in for one last visit... :D

Thanks, Pam... I drive through a wonderful Amish area on my way to Springfield, Ohio... and I must be very careful, because they are still using horse and buggies... they offer their beautiful handmade furniture and bake goods in a little store... wonderful stuff...

LOL... it is a neat word, isn't it Mary? I'll be taking my reposo very soon... :D

I've always wanted to do a hydrangea, too, Uschi... :D I have several beautiful pics of those morning glories if you'd like them... Your painting is coming along beautifully and the challenge is definitely worth it... the sunlight is already shining through!

Mary (Otter), I'd love to hear what Daniel Smith has to say about the quins... I love them too!!!!

So... I talked with Gail tonight and have firmed up arrangements for the Ontario Meet!! Woo hoo!!! I'm so excited about it...

JJ... nope... not quite half... :D But, a goodly portion of them were dupes because of the number of times that Outlook had to be re-installed (I think... who knows... I love to hate computers...) Watcha paintin' g/f???

AND... and... and... please make certain that you're sitting down... I FINISHED my painting tonight!!! Shameless as I am, I've posted Cardinality (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232145) in the Gallery... :D

That's it, that's all... G'nite... sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite... see you in the morning!

Christie
11-22-2004, 11:10 PM
Char, I'm sorry to hear that the geeks could not solve your computer woes, however I am really pleased that you were able to solve the problems yourself. A network install of Office on dialup.... ugh. You have my greatest sympathies.:)

Faafil
11-22-2004, 11:41 PM
Had to pop in to wish Happy Birthday Sylvia !!!

Rod
11-22-2004, 11:49 PM
Happy Birthday Sylvia :)

Rod

BobH
11-23-2004, 06:23 AM
oh, jeez, where's my brain ....

HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY, SYLVIA