PDA

View Full Version : stretching/pulling device

kayemme
11-13-2001, 06:00 AM
I'm wondering if anyone out there would know of such a device (not necessarily found in art supply... in fact, preferrably not) that would stretch an object without interactivity of a person.

the idea would be that another object would prevent this stretching object from relaxing... i realize this is kind of hard to explain, but much like the idea of nail clippers, where it's always extended until the clipper is activated to close, rather than being closed and waiting to open by activation.

thanks in advance

k

cagathoc
11-13-2001, 01:58 PM
K

I am not sure from your description exactly what you want but what comes to mind is a taffy pulling machine.

http://www.hamusutaa.net/aquarium/taffy.jpg

erico
11-13-2001, 02:07 PM
what is it you're looking to stretch? I would imagine any number of readily available items could be used for the manner of stretching I think you mean. It all depends, of course, on what it is you wish to stretch.

Tony Perrotta
11-13-2001, 07:03 PM
Hi Kayemme, There are many ways to stretch something. You could use wooden boards or sticks with wedges, you can use some type of clamps, you could stretch it from the outside.????Please explain what you want to do it to and how big it is and I am sure we can figure someting out.

Regards Tony.

kayemme
11-17-2001, 11:52 PM
i think i got it figured out.. i'll make a pulley system myself. seems the best way.

thanks for all your suggestions. i'll post pictures when i'm done :)

yours,
k