PDA

View Full Version : We're not so different after all are we, you and I

Tamana
11-21-2004, 10:08 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/11-21-2004/18021_Not_so_different.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/11-21-2004/18021_Not_really.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: We're not so different after all are we, you and I
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Oil
Surface: Paper
Dimension: A silent exchange
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
Just enjoying Carolina blue (and buggy red) beside the lake...

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:

Dhuot
11-22-2004, 12:16 AM
The Carolina Blue sky :mad: :mad:

Nice silent exchange Tam. You really hought (sp?) to " patent " your green LOL

I can see " émerveillement " in her look. Yeah , the look.

I do like your " scratching "...you`re giving me ideas.

LisaArt
11-22-2004, 04:20 AM
Hi Tam,
really love this one and the title is so fitting. yes, as Daniel said. I truly love your greens. That pink you used for her sweater fits so well. I love the combo. And the scratching is a nice touch.
Curious, What type of paper do you use for that type of scratching?

earthbot1
11-22-2004, 10:11 AM
delightful colors...charming and full of life. that sky is brilliant. you have to be careful with that texture...it works here, but is on the verge of diluting your expression

haaf
11-22-2004, 02:34 PM
Dear Tamana
I really love the concept of this painting.
(eye to eye contact with a little bugger friend; and you are right how much shared DNA is there...)
As for the handling of the paint, color combo I'm not sure, dunno where you exactly were going for....but I think you can make it much more exciting.
(I know)
Caroline ;)

Gilberte
11-22-2004, 02:40 PM
Love this Matruschka or is it Babushka ?

Tamana
11-22-2004, 09:59 PM
Daniel: Fret not...the blue soon turned into grey with much water again. :) Thank you for looking and seeing the wonderment. Nature is a true wonder to be awed...Thank you for liking the scratchiness of it -- can't wait to see the manifestation of your ideas. :)

Thank you also for the response on "Marbles" (don't want to pull it back up). I'll be sure and bring your painting if I make it. Would love to meet your beautiful family and snuggle Annabelle...those golden locks remind me of my little when she was little. :)

Lisa: Ummmm "love" is ze purrrfeckt word to use vis art! :) Thank you for loving mine. I'm a bit eccentric they say when it comes to dressing. ;) I use different kinds of paper but lately it's been either WC Linen (ungessoed) for the rough handling it can take from me ;), and Vellum Bristol with gesso.

Thank you too for your wonderful response to Marbles (as expressed to Daniel, don't want to pull it up again). I appreciate your encouragement and support muchly. :)

Asimo: Thank you for liking and also for being honest. It means a great deal to me and I respect it muchly. I'll be certain to be careful. :)

Caroline: Thanks for loving the concept (I do too). And, as expressed to Asimo, thanks for being honest as well. I value that. As far as where I was going with this one...nowhere really. That's being serious. It was just a moment at the Lake during a time of connection that I wanted to just put down -- the outcome (imho) was just simple and different done without thinking -- just the laying down of paint and a twig from the ground for scratching...because it reminded me of the consistency of dirt. I'm sure it could be much more exciting if I felt that in me no doubt...I just didn't and don't for now. I'm sure there'll come a day when I'll redo no doubt. :)

As far as the colors (if you're referring to the outfit) I'm somewhat (as expressed to Lisa) eccentric in my dress. Except for the pink shoes...they aren't pink shoes...they're socks. Ok? socks. My boots are green. ;)

Madame!! :) Could it be a matruschka depicting a babushka?! ;) Thank you, Madame. I always love hearing the word "love" in combination with art. Tis a beautiful couple, it is. Thank you for your encouragement and support always.

Thanks again for sharing your time and words. Appreciated muchly.
~
:)

earthbot1
11-23-2004, 12:03 PM
i forgot the bug...love the bug/face part. you are inspired by everything...very good.
and i was only talking of the very uniform texture that occurs mostly in shirt/pants.
i did a large painting once and used the knife to a similar means. i never really liked the result...wasn't sure why. i think it is a matter of taste, but you need to decide on your own if it works for you. hard to put into words (well, maybe not for you), but texture can make or brak the surface.
but i don't want to influence any experiments, becuase you have done some great stuff

dornberg
11-23-2004, 05:26 PM
free application, yet controlled and unique placement of color shapes