PDA

View Full Version : Old Fashion Cooking - Finale

jenner567
11-21-2004, 03:07 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/11-21-2004/51238_Old_Fashion_Cooking(2).JPG

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Old Fashion Cooking - Finale
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Board
Dimension: 12
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I've brought this painting to it's conclusion and anxious to get on with my life, LOL.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Honestly, would appreciate any and all comments, and suggestions, etc. I'm definitely open for it all.

Mikey
11-21-2004, 03:40 PM
This is looking really good to me. I'd just look to a few points here. The bricks where they are under the pot need either shadow, or more reflection from the fire light. The little white bowl needs to have shape defined by shadow, and some shadow underneath.

Mikey

jenner567
11-21-2004, 03:48 PM
This is looking really good to me. I'd just look to a few points here. The bricks where they are under the pot need either shadow, or more reflection from the fire light. The little white bowl needs to have shape defined by shadow, and some shadow underneath.

Mikey

Hey there, Mikey - I thought I had a deep enough shadow on the bricks, but looking at it now that you've mentioned it, I can see they need more definition. The bowl - I know - I need work on that. I get so tired of the painting at the end, and loose patience. I'll fix it though, thanks a bunch. :(

Gilberte
11-21-2004, 04:32 PM
Yes, I think the white bowl needs some shadow to ground it but one can feel the heat of the fire whilst cooking. Nice !
(watch those elipses ... my eternal problem too !)

earthbot1
11-21-2004, 04:50 PM
i like the feel of this. it is warm and comforting/earthy.

Tamana
11-21-2004, 09:14 PM
I agree with Asimo. You did a wonderful job on those embers and that steam...ummm what's cooking? ;)

jenner567
11-22-2004, 01:02 AM
To Tamana, earthbot1, and Gilberte.

Thank you all for your nice comments. I'm hoping I can get the bowl to look the way it should. UGGGG

Regards,
Jenner

don lee
11-22-2004, 10:34 PM
The accomplishment of so well capturing the feel of a glowing bed of coals, especially against a complimentary warm background, is no small feat. The shapes of the bowl or pot are far less important, at least to me, than the atmosphere of hearth and home you have captured so well. In my humble opinion, you resoundingly succeeded. It is a warm and inviting image. My congratulations.

Don

jenner567
11-23-2004, 12:50 AM
Thank you Don,

I'm so very pleased you like this piece. You put into words so beautifully what I felt as I painted it.

The bowl, well, Ill work on it, can't call it finished until I get the proper perspective. I did however, shadowed the bricks as suggested.

Thanks for your very kind thoughts.

Regards,
Jenner