PDA

View Full Version : the musician

Gilberte
11-21-2004, 02:42 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/11-21-2004/9813_de_fluitist_gv.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: the musician
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Tempera
Surface: Wood
Dimension: 30 x 40 cms
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
To avoid the smells of turps and oils (on a Sunday)got out my remaining Tempera stuff and checked my "to do" folder ... according to my mood ... LOL.
Tempera agrees with me but except for the fact that I need to keep adding paint on the palette since it dries to quickly.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Yes ?
No ?
Maybe ?

Mikey
11-21-2004, 03:46 PM
Gilberte,

Well just maybe you'll get out the oils with a big canvas and do this one again with lush oil paint.

BTW I thought you weren't too keen on skulls, like the top right :evil: .

Mikey

gonzapa
11-21-2004, 03:53 PM
This would make a great addition to a resturant or bar down in Louisiana. Nicely done. Although I agree you should make a nice oil out of this.

Gilberte
11-21-2004, 04:11 PM
Gilberte,

Well just maybe you'll get out the oils with a big canvas and do this one again with lush oil paint.

BTW I thought you weren't too keen on skulls, like the top right :evil: .

Mikey

Mikeyyyyyyyyyy ......... just turned my head and checked the painting. Yes, there's a skull :D and I still don't like them :evil:

Gonzapa - good idea, a bar or café ..... and in oils !

earthbot1
11-21-2004, 04:42 PM
nice job, tempera...is that the kind you mix with eggs? I like the look of the painting...feathery blues and the solid figure work well.

Tamana
11-21-2004, 09:01 PM
MADAME!!!! I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE ZISSS 'un let me tell you WHY!!!!!

I enjoyed Mozart's "The Magic Flute" (with some really really good Merlot). Love the story of it, especially between Tamino and Pamina's endured trails of separation...

It was amazing how it came about for me to hear it and now THIS!!!! I've enjoyed all your temperas muchly. Thanks for sharing.

LisaArt
11-22-2004, 04:39 AM
Fanstastic work Gilberte !!

artinoils
11-22-2004, 05:51 AM
I like the attitude!

Mikey
11-22-2004, 08:41 AM
This would make a great addition to a resturant or bar down in Louisiana. Nicely done. Although I agree you should make a nice oil out of this.

Gilberte, this is an excellent painting, no doubt, but it seems to me like a nugget from a rich seam of gold. Keep digging and you may find the mother load.

A cafe has to be a great place to show work, because so many people who are not normally exposed to art get to see it.

Mikey

Frida200
11-22-2004, 02:54 PM
Can't find that skull... just can't see it! :D

Salut Gilberte :wave:

Gilberte
11-22-2004, 03:32 PM
Can't find that skull... just can't see it! :D

Salut Gilberte :wave:

:D :evil: :D :evil:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Nov-2004/9813-skull.jpg

Frida200
11-22-2004, 03:35 PM
Aaaaahhh! A skull, Mikey was right!
:D
Thanks for pointing it out, Gilberte!

sugar tree gal
11-22-2004, 07:35 PM
Gilberte! that is quite :evil: This make me want to sing..."All that Jazz" :music: :music: You and Mikey should work together on a painting..since you are both painting musicians.... :) Janice

Mikey
11-22-2004, 08:46 PM
Gilberte! that is quite :evil: This make me want to sing..."All that Jazz" :music: :music: You and Mikey should work together on a painting..since you are both painting musicians.... :) Janice

Hi Janice,

I just couldn't imagine any occasion where I might improve, or even equal anything Gilberte had done. I'd simply be too terrified to touch it. However, I do tonals so with me doing an underpainting and Gilberte adding the colours the effect could be magnifique. How would an alla prima painter feel about that? I suppose it would be interesting to see another person's imagination take over, and how would two different styles mix.

Mikey