PDA

View Full Version : Another Day at the Hairdresser

haaf
11-21-2004, 09:24 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/11-21-2004/32915_hairdresser.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/11-21-2004/32915_outside.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Another Day at the Hairdresser
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Paper
Dimension: Big 25x40 inch (62x100 cm)
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Taking my little doodlings a step further, at least in size.

Starting on a big sheet of paper and just go for it, no planning in advance, no drawing,
see what's happening and just react to it,
have to get used some more to acrylics I think(I guess)

Enjoyable to do?YES!
Caroline

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
anything

Artistanne
11-21-2004, 09:39 AM
this is great! very whimsical, wonderful pallette you have going, i see the yellow eyes have surfaced again...and those dogs...you have a wonderful imagination Caroline :clap:

Frida200
11-21-2004, 10:23 AM
Anotherone! Caroline, what a great way to wake up! First thing I see in the morning... :clap:
Colors - oooh! Size - YES! Big smile on my face today...thank you!

Mikey
11-21-2004, 10:57 AM
Where did you say that hairdressers was Caroline? A very bold adventure into colour and the imagination paying off.

Mikey

jerryW
11-21-2004, 12:03 PM
almost seems to be an aztec mushroom dog moment with both the inner and outer dog waves depicted in psychedellic color.
quite decorative as well.

Dhuot
11-21-2004, 12:51 PM
OK I really got to speak African !! :D

You namba ouan !

Really

How can you do that!!??

Superb. You say " a step further "....are you kiding me....A " MOON " away !

I just love the fact that you are not stuck in any pattern, You create, On your own, Like a big girl .HA HA :D

OOOOHHH NOOOOOOOOO

I can`t believe I am gonna have another dog in my head all week ????

[email protected]

Caroline...BRAVO

Spyderbabe
11-21-2004, 01:04 PM
Dog-gone it - fun fun fun... Like your fur collar too. :D

earthbot1
11-21-2004, 04:37 PM
very fun stuff. seems like this is a good direction to go. i love the drawing/colors and mostly the imagination. "i triple dog dare you"

Gilberte
11-21-2004, 04:50 PM
Caroline ...
Caroline ...
Caroline ...

this is .............. LOL but OH SO GOOD !
These two young daughters of yours are lucky to have such a "hip" mama !

Dhuot
11-21-2004, 05:13 PM
Caroline ...
Caroline ...
Caroline ...

this is .............. LOL but OH SO GOOD !
These two young daughters of yours are lucky to have such a "hip" mama !

You BET !!!

But also think of her paper !!! They are lucky to be treated like that ?? non ??

AH this is fascinating

Does she likes red ??????????????????

D

haaf
11-21-2004, 05:44 PM
Hello and thanks to all
Anne..thanks and yes the yellow eyes seems the flavor of the month, actually one of my daughters had a pink eye last friday :D . Imagination
, yes isn't it great to know that a whole other world is happening in your mind.
Claudia..you sound like an enthousiastic-out-of-bed-hopper. Thanks for all the support.
Mikey..thanks, a special hairdresser Mikey and very very expensive
Jerry..you are right and all that on normal tea, no nothing special.
Daniel..another crazy Canadian...thanks man , yep I'm supposed to be a big girl now...however far from that if I want too.HAKUNA MATATA !!
Spyder.. yep as a kid I thought that was the most sophisticated collar imaginable , crazy ideas!
Asimo.. thanks and the paper is nice to work on
Gilberte..merci beaucoup mon ami, it's nice to search for new boundaries
Caroline ;)

Spyderbabe
11-21-2004, 07:55 PM
Hello and thanks to all
Spyder.. yep as a kid I thought that was the most sophisticated collar imaginable , crazy ideas!Caroline ;)

When I was little all the grown up ladies had fox collars and there was a clasp in the fox's mouth that made it look like the fox was biting his own tail. Of course you needed white gloves and a hat to complete the outfit. I think I feel a little cheated that we don't dress like that today.

Rabbit Twilight
11-21-2004, 08:08 PM
Caroline, this is just wonderful! I really like it and admire your creativity. Keep it up, because these are a joy to see.

Tamana
11-21-2004, 09:44 PM
Oh Caroline!!! This is fabulouso!!! Great size as well...as a matter of fact I'm doing the same thing -- bought bigger paper to make myself move up but I'm no where near that size yet!!

I was just telling Madame that her musician reminded me of Mozart's "The Magic Flute" I heard this weekend (wonderful story that one)...this one reminds me of all the funny little animals in it! (check out the Chagall below) I adore its playful nature and you'll have acrylics eating out of your hand in no time. They are wonderfully versatile and are a great base for all mediums be it oils, ops, inks etc.

To me each person has their trademark colors which sing -- the red in this is lovely, yes...but to me (imho) YOUR colors are the blues and the pinks...that blue dropping from the head into the arms holding the dog sings like a lark...and that pink a sparrow.

Well well done!!! Bava!! Can't wait to see more.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Nov-2004/18021-Chagall.jpg

Gilberte
11-22-2004, 03:07 AM
Me again ...

This morning with the Newspaper came publicity from the Kruidvat-shop. It offered coffee cups with Corneille's paintings on them. I was thinking of your latest work and thought it would look smashing on them too ... even better !

Hi Tam ... good morning or whatever :p

LisaArt
11-22-2004, 03:55 AM
Oh Caroline, What an imagination you do have? :clap:
Very lively, whimsical and bold with your style.
Enjoy the colors and placement of all your objects on the canvas. A nice flow to everything. Nice and big too.
So what are you thinking about acrylics? I just finished a painting using them, and I njoyed the switch. Had a hard time with drying though. Was fun to finish a painting in a short time compared to oils. And the cleanup was marvelous...

haaf
11-22-2004, 03:06 PM
Thanks again
Spyder..comfortable clothes are great, now and then it's really nice to dress up ..I agree
Bobbi..talking about imagination..you always come up with pretty normal scapes ..makes me think:D
Tamana..thanks for the Chagall , makes me think of one of the no 1 movies of the kids.. Notting Hill (seen that a gazillion times I think).
, acrylics...well they have to grow on me color wise, for this work.. quick , action it is the right choice I know
Gilberte..I offered you once.... that job is still open
Lisa.. thanks , it's a great size to work on ....and cheap too compared to that size canvases.
Caroline ;)

Dhuot
11-22-2004, 09:09 PM
Caroline

I STILL CAN`T BELIEVE MY EYES !!!

OOOOOUUUUU la la la la la la !!!!

Wish I could be that dog !!! lol :D

dornberg
11-23-2004, 05:37 PM
very enjoyable;
color choises,
placements of relating and opposing objects