PDA

View Full Version : ****Daily Wash Sunday November 21****

mr sandbanx
11-21-2004, 12:07 AM
Morning everyone. It's 12.03 am here and the place is very very quiet!

I am finding it awful tough to find time anymore for all the things need doing. Christmas does that I guess and the Santa Claus parade on Saturday was the sign that its time to decorate the house. Tomorrow lights go up, decorate the porch and all that... Brenda is already setting up her million snowmen. Son Joe came to visiit tonight and we had a great time.... tomorrow he is coming back for the Grey Cup which is Canada's answer to the Super Bowl. Will be cheering for the Argonauts today.

Then of course there is painting... lots on the go now. Fences and trees and looking at horses and poems to match.... This picture may give you a hint of what has been keeping me busy. The painting on the top of course is Kevin's amazing gift to me and my family, which arrived safely on Friday, and on the wall... the Apple Challenge which I had framed this week. Now I have framed three paintings!! Off to the framers again on Monday with "The Line" in tow... lots of excitement about that.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Nov-2004/31024-Stuff.JPG

Hope everyone has a great day.

Chris

Ellen in Ont
11-21-2004, 12:35 AM
Wow, it sure is quiet. I can hear an echo... echo...echo. :D I am finished washing and waxing the wood floors and my shoulder is very sore (in spite of a dip in the hot tub outside. I also carried the first few boxes of decorations up from the basement and can't wait to start tomorrow. A lot of work to do in the next couple of weeks. Hope there is time to do some painting. This is the first time my obsession with Christmas is taking a back seat to something... my painting. :)
I better get some sleep. I have to pick up my sister early. Will be back much later today. Night night everyone.

Nice paintings Chris. You should really frame the kitchen one as well. It is terrific.

laudesan
11-21-2004, 01:05 AM
:wave: Everyone.

Had a nice visit with Julie, pouring over Canada Photos'. She wants desperately to spend a Christmas in Banf.. ;)

Chris your paintings are absolutely fanstastic.. Sure do love that one of Kevs too.

I think I will start painting a christmas card myself now, ALan is getting ready for work.. ;)

ML that sounds like a fantastic plan!! Way to go girl!!

Huggles..

Roun2it
11-21-2004, 02:24 AM
Morning each,

Chris that Egret looks fantastic, that too needs framing. Your going to have to start selling now!! I've got all my challenges blu-taced to the wall in my 'study', Haven't got to framing any yet, and I'm running out of room, after week 7. Whats it gonna be like after 52. Uhmmmm..... there's a big empty space on the ceiling!!

I am so glad you liked the 'Lines', and also that you never mentioned the yellow 'blob'. It nearly ruined the whole thing.

Morning JJ, Just to let you know, I think that pallette you sent is fantastic, I use it for my main paints now, the Michael Wilcox colours, that are really DaVinci, as there are only 12 colours in his range. They are moist paints and I am so thankful for those lids. Painting this way, using this pallette is making me think about mixing colours rather than delving into my paint box. A big thanks. Haven't had time to use the frame maker yet ......... but another big THANKS.

Gotta paint today off to Scotland tomorrow, Chris hope to send you the stuff later, just got a white sheet with some masking on at the moment......

Busy, busy...........busy must dash.............

laudesan
11-21-2004, 02:37 AM
Glad you like the Palette Kev, I use mine all the time too.. :) Have fun in Scotland, take heaps of pics..:)

I started to paint a Christmas Card.................. it is totally yuk!!!! Oh well I can paint on th back of it seeing as I am going to glue it to the card stock.. **sigh**

This needs more planning I can see, not easy paintng these cards, really got to think them out.

I tried printing of a couple of paintings I did, but the colour reproduction is not satisfactory at all..:( I don't know what it is with these ink cartridges I got from The Artshop. They are genuine ones too. Maybe they are just bad stock???

droll13
11-21-2004, 02:58 AM
Good morning Chris, Ellen, JJ, and Kev. And "Hi" to AWAYTC. About midnight here. I just awoke from was was supposed to be a short nap, but turned into 7 good hours of sleep.

Other than watching daughter's soccer game, I'm not sure what today's plans are. Maybe I'll go through some tutorials on PSP.

Have a good day.

BBL

Europa
11-21-2004, 06:58 AM
MORNING WASHGANGEROOS!!

Just got up - feeling a bit groggy still so I need a few cups of tea to wake up...so will keep this short.

Chris - great paintings.

Ellen - hope the shoulder gets better.

JJ - think I will end up buying cards again - too many portraits to finish.

Kev - have a great time in Scotland - hope the weather keeps up for you.

Dave - hope soccer game goes well and your daughter's side wins.

Right waving to anyone who comes after - am off for brekky - BBL

Love and Hugs all around

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

Pat xxx

CharM
11-21-2004, 07:21 AM
Good morning Washers! It's black as pitch out of doors... a balmy +5C...

Nothing exciting to report from SW Ontario this morning... I totally wasted away my Saturday by lazing on the couch most of the day... My headache did finally disipate, but not before I'd let the entire day get behind me... :(

I have had two compositions drawn out for a week now, and I'm going to wet my brushes today for sure...

Laundry and groceries are on the agenda, but that's not too bad...

ML, I was hoping (for you) that retirement was just around the corner with this purchase in AZ... Although five years away really isn't too bad... and you have a *plan*... sending back 11 of your hugs!!! :D

Bob, those pics are gorgeous... talk about an explosion of colour!!! I hope you put them in the Image Library!!!

Judy, that castle pic is a painting waiting to happen!!!

Chris, what a nice pic of all your paintings!!! The apples look terrific framed... It won't be long before you'll be thinking of cutting your own mattes and assembling the frames yourself... Do you paint from your easel?

Well, Ellen, you couldn't have two nicer obsessions... :D :D :D Have fun with your sister today!!!

JJ, just take your time... yes, plan it out... :D Is Reece feeling better? How's Alan's knee? And, what of your poor gardens???? Have you tried those brushes?

Kev, JJ showed me her pallette when she was visiting... it's really great for travelling... a plain sheet of paper needing to be filled before nightfall would leave me paralyzed...

:wave: Dave... yes, I was getting concerned about your lack of sleep... the body heals while sleeping and your poor old back isn't getting any better... Glad you were able to get 7 full hours!

Pat, your contact lense nightmare made MY eyes hurt... *shudder* Hope that your eye is ok this morning...

Glad that Doug checked in!

Sylvia must have slept in this morning... :evil:

JoAnn, I'm sure, is busy doing something... I know I couldn't keep up with you!!!

Good thoughts and positive vibes beaming your way!!! If Magoo doesn't corral the Internet, bbl! :D

laudesan
11-21-2004, 07:30 AM
CHAR.........yes I am using "those" brushes.. They are great, and the angle one makes excellent fir trees.. Love the points on them too, and they hold a lot of paint. Wish I had bought more now.. ;)

Reece is fine 24hr thing, Alan's knee is tip top again, my gardens are beyond hope. Will just have to pull everything out and start again.. :crying: This will have to wait until at least next winter.. **sigh**

Christmas cards well............I am getting there.. ;)

Glad your headache is better, I was like that yesterday too. Sleeping it away was the only way for me..

Hopefully Sylvia is posting the pics of her new roof.. :evil: as is Gail.. :evil:

Paint brushes are calling me..;)

Uschi
11-21-2004, 07:59 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!! Char already told you about the weather :D

Actually Char already said everything else I wanted to say too, except much better, so there isn't much left for me to say :wink2: :D

Bob, thos photos were gorgeous!!

Doug, glad you arrived at the proper time and savely.

Pat, half of me was ouching and the other half chuckling because it reminded me of the time one of my friends and I went skiing, she wore contacts, while skiing down the hill she took a dive which did to her contacts what yours did to you. So here we were in the middle of the hill trying to find that contact lost somewhere at the back of her eyeball. I never knew something could go that far to the back of an eye. I had no idea they could actually break. Really glad you got them both. That'll teach you wanting to be more beautiful than you already are :wink2: :D

Chris, yours and Kev's paintings look marvellous, honestly. Lot's of money going by the way of the framers LOL, the apple one looks just fantastic!!!!

Char, you needed a day to veg after all this travelling around. Won't even ask what you have drawn out to paint :angel: :D , will patiently wait and be very pleasantly surprised!! Any news from Thibout????

Mary Lou - :envy: :envy: :envy:

I am in really bad shape this morning, danced away with the youngsters at last night's house warming party and this morning I can barely move. Was a lot of fun. :D I deeply regret not having cleaned away all the stuff that my grandson spread throughout the house yesterday afternoon, because bending down now is agony.

The anti inflametory has to be taken with food because of the reaction on the stomach, and I can't eat food until at least 11 a.m. at which time I'll be on my way to brunch, so grandsom's stuff is going to stay there until tomight :o :eek: :D

:wave: to everyone!!!!! and sending good thoughts!!!!!!
Uschi

Little Old Lady
11-21-2004, 09:21 AM
Greetings :wave:
Vols won! Yeah Lynn. :clap:
Badgers self destructed for the second week in a row :crying: :crying:
See what the Packers can do this evening :clap:
I will also do a "What Charr said". she always covers everything so well.
Odds and ends day for me. Sunny and cool here!
JoAnn

laudesan
11-21-2004, 09:25 AM
Hi JoAnn, Uschi.. :)

The Aussies beat the Kiwis' at the Gabba (http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=4110) tonight.. Creamed them in fact..

I have painted 8 Christmas cards. Now waiting for them to dry. They are not tooooooooo bad..

I painted Zoe too as a card, still got to put a background it.. :)

I haaaave just realsised it is after midnite hear..

ScarletLake
11-21-2004, 09:27 AM
HI Everyone

Bob - LOVED your photos of the leaves. Fall leaves are my favorite.

Char - Yep I've been to Crafts2000 also.

Chris - WOW is all I can say. What a great artist both you & Kev.

JJ - Glad you're feeling better.

I'm trying to keep myself busy, busy, busy (which isn't hard) because I really am feeling blue. DH & I primed my college sons bedroom yesterday & I will begin painting it today. I ordered a new twin headboard/footboard last night & will pick it up Wed evening.

Son comes home from college late Tues night & then both boys are flying to PA to meet up with his dad & stepmoms at her relatives. So my family won't be home until next Sunday. More time to work on his bedroom.

I'm seriously considering taking a drawing class at our local community college in Jan quarter. It would be on Sat or Sun.

Well off to get started on things

Anita

Cathie Jones
11-21-2004, 10:15 AM
Good morning Washerbuddies!

HEY DAVE AND ML! Look what it's doing a mere 90 miles or so from your houses:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Nov-2004/23460-Snow_112104.jpg

And it's still coming down! Whoda thunk . . . chains required in the desert! It was raining when we went to bed last night, but the temp dropped - it's 28F now, at 7 a.m. It's been a couple of years since we had this much snow here.

BBL . . . . .XOXOXOXO

laudesan
11-21-2004, 10:27 AM
Lucky you Cathie.

I was watching this silly show on TV where these Americans let theeir children redesign theeir home and the parents go for a holiday for the weekend.

These kids have made Mum and Dads bedroom into a Barbie4 pink hearts room. There is a automatic door opener on the toot door for Dad. A home theatre and a chair lift in the shape of a throne.. The kids even have an automatic hair dying booth in their rom.. :eek:

Weird!!

Well it is now 1.30am I am off to bed I think.. :D

nite-nite

Cathie Jones
11-21-2004, 10:39 AM
I have to laugh at some of my neighbors. I've been around here since 1961, when my grandparents retired here, so I've seen (and shoveled!) snow more than a few times. Most of our neighbors moved here from somewhere else, and they're out with their movie cameras.

On the other hand, flowers have been blooming because we had some rain recently, and the hummingbirds are more than a bit confused! They'll be happy again soon - it usually doesn't last more than a day or two.

mr sandbanx
11-21-2004, 10:43 AM
Hey Kevin: Send what you can and relax... enjoy the trip... if you don't finish the hordes can wait a few more days. But leave yourself some time for the horses!!! I see no yellow blob yet but am looking for it... maybe you are thinking of another painting???

Enjoy your trip.... my aunt is in Maidens on the west coast.. say hi for me.

Char: no I paint flat usually, on my lap. Framing is not something I have thought much about, but given the cost maybe I should. MY father in law gave me a mat cutter some time ago!

It's World Watercolour Day on Tuesday BTW. There is a show at the library here I will try to get to.

Seeya GO ARGOS!

amaze_1101
11-21-2004, 12:18 PM

And it's still coming down! Whoda thunk . . . chains required in the desert! It was raining when we went to bed last night, but the temp dropped - it's 28F now, at 7 a.m. It's been a couple of years since we had this much snow here.

BBL . . . . .XOXOXOXO

Thats the wierdest reading when here I sit sunburnt from yesterdays hot sun. It's going to be another warm one today hovering around 70F and Im struggling to find enough loose clothing for work. It's always 2 or 3 degrees hotter in my studio than outside.

Keep warm kiddo! :wave:

mr sandbanx
11-21-2004, 12:33 PM
Sunburnt! rub it in why dontcha! Cathie please can we have our snow back?

Actually here in Ontario it is a wonderfully warm day for this time of year.

amaze_1101
11-21-2004, 12:58 PM
Sunburnt! rub it in why dontcha!

No, YOU rub it in. The moisteriser I mean, on my sunburnt back. Thanks! :D

JudyL
11-21-2004, 01:22 PM
Happy Sunday all, another day with Jack working in the bathroom on the wainscoting (corners). He had a 'hitch in his gitalong' this morning. Said he had a sharp pain in his back, had to lie down on for floor for awhile, but it's gone now. Probably a nerve due to a lot of odd positions doing manual labor. He is going to start in on the cornice next (cross fingers please). He also bumped his head, hard, on the loft opening. He's bald, no protection, looked awful. At this point we walked down the Waterside to have lunch.
JJ, I think that show originated in the UK, we used to have it here. I always thought those parents were insane, and who fixes the "creations". One I did like was the smoke alarm for the Mom, and the automatic lid shutting toilet seat.
Must go cook. Lamb tonite.
BBL
JudyL

JudyL
11-21-2004, 01:36 PM
Oh, JJ, what type of palette is that?

Faafil
11-21-2004, 01:52 PM

BBL . . . . .XOXOXOXO

Holy Mackeral Cathie!! :eek: :p I woke up last night when it started raining, about 3:30am or so...it stopped about 7:00, and the sun came out, but now once again the skies look foreboding.... DH is driving to Lancaster for his monthly service route - sure hope he doesn't run into anything like that - he's a homegrown SD boy, and anything below 45 and he's frozen!! It does look pretty tho! :) How's it going with the drawing 101-102 ? I was going to join up, but haven't had a chance to get started yet...

Got almost all my paperwork done, but while the cat's away.. I'm gonna paint! :D

Watched Cirque du Soleil late last night for a couple of hours - I just love their performances... I did get to see Mystere in Las Vegas a few years ago, what an incredible experience... :D I even ordered a couple of their cd's this morning...

Char - me too!! I'll have to stay at DCX at least another 4 years, to get my 20 in, and then hope for an early out. I did a retirement estimator not long ago, and there is no way I could afford to leave any sooner than that. :( Hindsight being 20-20, if we'd bought instead of renting in this neighborhood 10 years ago, we'd be cashing out and moving now! :rolleyes: Glad you're feeling better - sometimes we just need those kind of days to refresh ourselves... 11 back atcha!!

Uschi - we'll have a spare room don't forget ! ;) You going to Fookie's again this year ?? Hope the aches & pains go away for you...

Chris, great pic of your paintings - they are wonderful!! You, Kev, and all the weekly challengers are an inspiration. I'd never be able to keep up; I'm lucky to finish one a month!! (let alone a poem too)

JJ, are you gonna show us your cards ?? I'm hoping the painting I'm working on now will be good enough for my cards this year - otherwise, I really have to get busy!! :eek:

Dave, hope it warms up for the soccer game today! Good to hear you got some sleep!

Well, if I'm going to make any headway on this painting, I better sign off for now...

Weaving :wave: to all I missed. Sending healing vibes, positive thoughts and 11 hugs your way....

ML

Flattwo
11-21-2004, 01:52 PM
Good evening to all

Kev...going to get milder here tomorrow!

I would like to introduce you to our newest family member...

BILL! the BUDGIE

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Nov-2004/3457-Bill_2.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Nov-2004/3457-Bill_3.jpg

He whistles a lot I have taught him Vivaldis Concerto #3 in F and Don Williams Ruby Tuesday in 5 mins :D

He is a friendly little bird, seriously I got him cheep as a rescue, poor little blighter!

Henry

Starsprite
11-21-2004, 02:49 PM
Hey Bill....what's happenin?? He's a pretty colored bird.....and very talented too! :D Don't you have a cat, Henry? :eek:

Wow, snowing in Cali........how strange is that? I do recall it snowing once when I lived in Arizona though. How do people there manage driving in it?? Do they go really slow or do they take too many risks and wind up all over the side of the road?

What gorgeous paintings you have there Chris!!! :)

Well, I'm getting ready to go to framer's to have the daisy painting you gave me matted and framed....yippee...now I'll have a beauty to look at in my office/studio. Thanks again Chris..very sweet and adorable of you....I know...Kaching!!!! :D

Faafil
11-21-2004, 02:52 PM
He is a friendly little bird, seriously I got him cheep as a rescue, poor little blighter!

Henry

:music:Cheep Cheep:music: !! :D Pretty birdie there Henry!!

JudyL
11-21-2004, 03:15 PM
We had snow in Pensacola when we lived in Florida, now THERE was a sight if you want to see people who don't know what to do with the white stuff. It was only a 3" snow but they closed bridges, and roads, and there were a lot of tiny little snowmen on all the lawns!

JudyL

droll13
11-21-2004, 03:22 PM

BBL . . . . .XOXOXOXO

You're welcome to keep the snow, and please don't send any down here. It was around 43 degrees outside my front door around 6:00 AM today. Cold & snow - those are 2 of the reasons I moved from the midwest.

Cathie Jones
11-21-2004, 03:23 PM
Henry, that's a beautiful budgie! I have two, but they're not very friendly - I call them the psycho birds because sometimes they make the most awful screeching sounds. And they'll eat bird seeds out of my hand, but are terrified of us otherwise. Strange birds!

ML, I hope your DH made it to Lancaster. On this side, Cajon Pass is closed and Lancaster usually gets snow before we do. It's still snowing here, but 30F and melting as fast as it comes down now. Still have a few inches on the lawn, but the streets are clear. I'm still hopeless at drawing, but Basic 101 is going well and it's fun.

Spritey, it is Southern California, and it is the desert, but it's the "high" desert. We're at about 3,000' so we get a little bit of snow a couple of times a year. People drive like idiots, especially the day after when the streets look clear, but they're actually icy.

Flattwo
11-21-2004, 06:47 PM
Hello

Patty..yes we did have a cat, unfortunately it had a virus when we got it and it passed away 12 at weeks old :crying: she was a bonnie and loving wee cat

Cathie..Bill sits on my shoulder squawking like that!

By the way did you know that cars here roll uphill!

http://www.mcintyre.demon.co.uk/local/electbrae.htm

Henry

Ottersong
11-21-2004, 08:51 PM
Cathy, I remember a lot of snow when I was a kid. I grew up in Arcadia, I imagine it has changed a lot since then. I remember one time we went to the desert in the winter and there was three feet of snow.

I may not be around very much for a while. I am taking the drawing course and it is keeping me super busy as I am a very slow drawer.

:clap: I actually made it down to the studio last night and worked for a couple of hours on the drawings while I washed my curtains. :crying: :crying: :crying: They are so old that several of them disintegrated. buuuuttttt..... :) :) :) that means I get to go shopping for new one , hehehehehe. The problem with going downstairs is I still need help to come back up so I can only go down when DH is home to help me up.
Oh well, a few more weeks of PT and I should be able to manage on my own.

DH planted 162 daffodils for me, the yard id going to be wonderful come March. Not much else to say , you all have covered eerything nicely.

Love Otter

laudesan
11-21-2004, 09:25 PM
Oh, JJ, what type of palette is that?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Nov-2004/22284-a_pallette_001.jpg

Woot Cathie snow!! :D

Henry what a lovely bird.. My Tania had a blue budgie for years. Thought it was a boy, but it was a girl, and she did talk too. So sorry about your kittie, I remember how happy you were when you got her.. http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Nov-2004/22284-11613-19488-friends.gif WELL.. I never....... cars that roll UP hill ;)

Hi Otter. Glad to hear you are getting down into your studio even if it is slowly.. WOW 162 daffodills. What a show come spring!! (((g/f)))

I shall take a pic of my cards soon ML they are painted on one sheet so I shall take a pic of the sheet.. :)

Lunchtime here..........monday..........;)

Here you go. Nothing too fancy at all, but at least I WAS painting..:D
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Nov-2004/22284-Christmas_cards_1.jpg

Going to get some lunch now..

P.S.
First time I painted Zoe, she sat on the computer desk and posed for me. Was always too scared to paint her before in case I didn't do her justice..:)

Starsprite
11-21-2004, 09:54 PM
Ohhh...sorry to hear about your wee kitten's passing Henry. I remember when you first got her too. Sad!! Birds are nice too though.....we have had many different kinds of birds as pets...they all wound up being too loud and had to get rid of them though....best to stick with a budgie, or other small song bird. :)

JJ.... I love your Christmas cards!! They are fun to paint aren't they. I enjoy coming up with different ideas for mine. The cat one is great!

Hi Otter!! A drawing course would be a great challenge for me also...I am perspective illiterate. Wow 162 daffys!!! Will be beautiful spring at your house!

Rod
11-21-2004, 11:49 PM
Hi Gang, Just started Mondays wash :)

Rod.