MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/11-20-2004/18021_Marbles_2.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Marbles in the Park
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Oil
Surface: Paper
Dimension: A shooter...
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
For you, Daniel, in celebration of the love between a father and daughter, and for all the kind and supportive words regarding me and my art. Sorry it's late but really had to feel led vs. force or it wouldn't have been art.

Hope you like.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Sorry to be posting so much -- just REALLY trying to keep my mind, hands and heart occupied fully right now.

Edit: Considering Sumi Linework on this one but was uncertain. Your call, Daniel.

Gilberte
11-20-2004, 03:56 PM
... expecting Daniel any moment now ... :)

giniaad
11-20-2004, 04:57 PM
(time is limited...had to reply here)

this is rich, contemplative and feeling...
(the feeling any daughter would have with a father she knew...
with a father that held any good qualities at all)
(and I do not know what has transpired with Daniel and her father...
expect he has passed...and I do know that feeling...sorry, for sure, if that is what has happened)

very well done and wonderful
(rainbow of colors and feelings)
this looks to be a relationship that was good overall
and he will be missed...and further comtemplated as time passes.
daughter/father relationships are very important
even if we do not realize it at the time.
hopefully, like cream in milk...all good will rise to the top
leaving any bad, lost and gone...
that is best in anyone's memeory
as no one is perfect

or maybe I'm way off...I'm not perfect either... :)
cheers!

Mikey
11-20-2004, 05:22 PM
Tam, I think the oil paint has changed the emphasis of your palette and I certainly like these colours. Maybe you now have more pigments to choose from. I think it is a wonderful expression of this little girls joy and happiness.

Mikey

Artistanne
11-20-2004, 05:29 PM
This is lovely, the colors are just wonderful and the texture rich as childhood. :)

dornberg
11-20-2004, 06:21 PM
i like the cross patterns

Dhuot
11-20-2004, 06:36 PM
Tam , that is so pretty ( I can see the colours that you used from " The purple from the height")

Ok now...where to start ??

First of all, to turn on the PC ,and to see this " Marbles.." , and to read " For you Daniel...in celebration of the love between a father and daughter..."

It is very touching. I do love her a lot. The most precious thing...
To ear you say it is something very precious also. Would not realize that it would show that much :) .
You are so kind and " sensible ".

You know, Tam, I think you have a great talent. Your paintings together with your " writting " is a very profound combination...one goes with the other...can not be separated.

"Plus encore", the way you paint is like...hum..."feeling" some of your thoughts ( does that make sense ??)...or...simply " reading" some of you.
Hard to explain, but I could just say that you paint " emotion " IMHO...I do think that :) .

Those colours are incredible. And the texture...very thick in some areas, and very very thin in some other areas. You see, Thick like the stuff you keep " inside " yourself ( kinda to protect yourself), and thin like what you want to reveal, to share, to communicate, to let everyone knows you " EXIST ".
Existance, is one of the most intriging aspect of our lives...non ??
And you are " lucky . (lucky is not the propper word here...but you understand what I am saying !), you are lucky to be able to paint " emotional " stuff like this one, or Akimbo, My Immortal ( but we are ), the very funny "Everybody`s got to learn sometime"( cause of the Jpeg stuff you learned...), and the troubling yet so human " The new perfection oven "....etc

There is so much to like in that " piece ". like the hands on the left side , looks like someone (me) is playing flute ( see below ), the paint " scratced " from the paper...so wow..., the kinda sun above, or, could be a kinda " oreole". Plus, like always, some letters peeping here and there. The knife work is quite nice also.
There is so much to like in this piece...so much

Tam, how can I say that you made me happy today ??

I would almost want to say " thank you " !! :D

Well I will

Thank you

Daniel

I am gonna come back at this one and reply to others specialy Gini...

earthbot1
11-20-2004, 06:40 PM
such a new looking piece. it has a quality unseen by me. the color and marks are terrific. good job in pushing your boundries!

Dhuot
11-21-2004, 12:14 AM
(time is limited...had to reply here)

this is rich, contemplative and feeling...

Feeling ??? Yeah, pretty much...in fact, as much as the Chopin Nocturne No.1 in B flat...If you and all others don`t know Chopin complete Nocturnes, well run to get it :D ( 2cd Phillips Classics Collection featuring THE Claudio Arrau on Piano...)

(the feeling any daughter would have with a father she knew...
with a father that held any good qualities at all)
(and I do not know what has transpired with Daniel and her father...
expect he has passed...and I do know that feeling...sorry, for sure, if that is what has happened)

Ok, Here I go again :D LOL, Daniel`s father & mother passed in 93, and A............ is my daughter....And I ( Daniel ) am HER father. LOL :D . But appreciate your warm thoughts and words...

this looks to be a relationship that was good overall
and he will be missed...and further comtemplated as time passes.
as no one is perfect

or maybe I'm way off...I'm not perfect either... :)
cheers!

Well, this is nice to read. I SO hope that my relationship with my daughter is good overall.
Like you say "daughter/father relationship are very important
even if we do not realize it at the time."
Thank you so much for telling this. Cause sometime we can " forget "(don`t like the word but...), or simply take for grantit (sp????????) this parental situation wich we should thank in every situation. Miracle ??.

Wow, we`re going somewhere LOL

Now you know about me a bit more :wave:

Cheers to you

Daniel

Dhuot
11-21-2004, 12:51 AM
Ok Tam, :music: :music: like to dance ???
:music: :music:
:music:
I see people calling you Tam Tam !!
Well ,where I come from, the " Tam Tam " is an Urban Ritual, taking place every sunday on the Mont-Royal ( the mountain in the middle of Montréal ) and thousands of people gather here to just dance !!
What appen is that twenty to thirty people bring their djembé (tam tam) or if you preffer, their " african drum ??" and the other thousands or so gather to dance, smoke p..t, drink, have fun, eat BBQ, rest in the sun , sleep on the grass, bring guitar...etc

Picture below ( the Tam Tam are where the monument is ) :music: :music:
thougt I`d share that!

Ok now, for your painting here, how did you come up with the title ??

And I looked many times at it and I just realized (at 11:43pm) that there is a full body behind the girl (A...), kneeling down to play with her. What a fool I am LOL(probly me huh??)
But the flute thing was fun !!??

What a fool ( on the hill !!)

Lovely

Daniel

btw tomorow I will be on the Mont-Royal :clap: (but no Tam Tam...It`s winter)

Frida200
11-21-2004, 12:57 AM
... so much love in this painting...
The colors make it light and tender, you can hear the birds sing.

It is beautiful.

Daniel, you must be very happy.

Dhuot
11-21-2004, 01:00 AM
Yes Claudia...and there is so much intriging aspect about this painting !!

?

Tam what ?? is this ; "Considering Sumi Linework on this one but was uncertain. Your call, Daniel."

I need explanation...don`t understand LOL

Merci

Frida200
11-21-2004, 01:11 AM
LOL ... yes Daniel, very much!
My eyes were glued to the screen for several minutes before I moved again...
:clap:

Dhuot
11-21-2004, 01:25 AM
LOL ... yes Daniel, very much!
My eyes were glued to the screen for several minutes before I moved again...
:clap:

confused :confused: ma chère, confused

Frida200
11-21-2004, 02:13 AM
and there is so much intriging aspect about this painting !!

..this is how far I read before I answered... so I agreed to the "intriguing aspect" (which means "attachant, captivant", right?), and immediately replied. Maybe I should have checked if there was more to come...

:D Can you imagine how much space we would save if we all spoke the same language... ? This is funny!

Dhuot
11-21-2004, 02:24 AM
..this is how far I read before I answered... so I agreed to the "intriguing aspect" (which means "attachant, captivant", right?),
No Claudia, it means " perplex...puzzled"
:D Can you imagine how much space we would save if we all spoke the same language... ? This is funny!

Well, in that case we could use he phone, here`s my number

btw, it`s Gilberte`s joke

HA HA :D

haaf
11-21-2004, 11:19 AM
Tender touching work Tamana.
This one stands as is.

Would like to see also one with sumi line work.
Caroline ;)

Gilberte
11-21-2004, 03:52 PM
Tam,
I realise I haven't commented on the painting. This one and the previous (the purple (rose I saw in it)) show even more your optimism, your life's phylosophy and your kind attitude. Oils agree with you !

Daniel,
" A daughter is a daughter for life and a son is a son until he gets a wife " ... moi je parle from experience - four sons - meaning ........ :rolleyes:

Dag ! Bye ! Au revoir ! Auf Wiedersehen ! How would that sound in Esperanto ?

Tamana
11-21-2004, 08:49 PM
My Goodness, guys -- thanks so much for all the encouragement and support. Appreciate it muchly I do.

Gosh now where to start --

Gini!!! So glad to see you pop in...been missin' ya!!! I appreicate the wonderful words - "rich...contemplative...well done...wonderful...colors and feelings [(especially feelings)]". Means a great deal to me that you saw all you saw in it. I think when we do a painting of this nature we are bound to insert our own experiences into it somehow. I loved my Father very very much...as a matter of fact, some of the things Daniel has exhibited regarding Annabelle sparked a resemblence to him. Such as him posting her photo for a portrait contest - when my father passed away he only had three photos in his wallet -- you would assume it was one of each of his three children. But they were all of me. He always seemed so proud of me, the way Daniel seems to be of Annabelle.

as no one is perfect

Beautifully said. Thank you for looking and saying always.

Mikey - Definitely many more pigments to choose from!! I have so much paint I haven't even touched 1/4th of it yet!!!

I think it is a wonderful expression of this little girls joy and happiness.

THAT is the most perfect thing to say; thank you so much. :)

Anne - "texture as rich as childhood" Beautiful thing to say!! Thank you for looking and taking the time to say.

Bob - I couldn't decide which way to go so I went both ways. ;) Thank you always for looking and pointing out what you notice. Gives me something to think about on the next. Appreciate your time as always.

Daniel - I'm so glad you like it. :) AND that you figured out it WAS indeed a dual portrait (to the best of my ability not knowing what you looked like) of you and Annabelle. It's funny you should mention feelings and emotions -- because it's what I do rather than realism - "essence"...which is what I tried to capture in this. The essence of Love between a father and daughter. The essence of trust. The essence of security. How you love your little girl will be how she loves the Loves of her life. Love her fiercely and she to will love fiercely like there's no tomorrow.

And yes, your relationship with and love for her is VERY obvious...I can't imagine you being any less than a wonderful father.

Thank you for saying all those nice things about my art. It means more to me than I can say right now, truly it does. I feel like I'm flipping and flopping like a fish out of water between mediums and styles etc...not really knowing my voice but following the feelings of my heart and sounds of the world...so to hear all these things you say amid all that doubt is certainly encouraging to say the least.

You made me happy today, too. And yes, thank you seems trite...but oh so true, yes?

Thank you. :)

And in regards to the dancing part....(still trying to figure out how to upload that song for Anne....) My sister is dying to go to Montreal for personal reasons and has been asking me to go -- I think I just may accompany her next Spring/Summer for a weekend!!! She can do whatever...I'll be THERE amid that crowd!!! What FUN and celebration of LIFE!!! Beautiful!!

And in regards to the sumi line work (LOL when I think I've finished responding to you I run across another post with another question!!!!) It's how I do ALL my linework in my art -- with sumi ink. I was asking you if you wanted me to outline in sumi ink or leave as is.....after reading your initial assessment regarding the hands...my first reaction was "yes...I think I need to" ;).

Asimo - such a new looking piece. it has a quality unseen by me. the color and marks are terrific. good job in pushing your boundries!

WOW!!! (Is that a good enough response?! - I'm lost for words on that one!!)
Thank you so muchly for saying that.

Claudia - ... so much love in this painting...
The colors make it light and tender, you can hear the birds sing.

It is beautiful.

That was such a beautiful thing to say - thank you so muchly for taking the time and expressing that. It means more than I can say.

I LOVE reading your and Daniel's responses to one another!!! They're always so funny!!!

Caroline - Tender touching work Tamana.
This one stands as is.

Would like to see also one with sumi line work.

Thank you so much for feeling and saying that. Means a lot. Will try to do one soon - my mind seems to be all over the place right now...like fish or something...thank you for sharing your time.

Madame! :) That you would see all of that in me moves me so much. Thank you so much -- it has been said that art is like poetry and it reveals much about a person...though we never see ourselves the way others see us, do we? Thank you for sharing what you see -- it enlightens me muchly.

Thanks again to you all for sharing your time and thoughts and hearts. It's never forgotten. Beginnings never are -- ever.
~

Dhuot
11-22-2004, 12:03 AM
Tam

I hope i`m a good father...thanks a lot for those kind words. You describe very well the utopia...hope i can stand out to that level

You say " How you love your little girl will be how she loves the Loves of her life. Love her fiercely and she to will love fiercely like there's no tomorrow."

For that...thank you so much, cause it is good to be reminded of it...

About the dancing part again...What song for Anne ??

Oh , and you have another good reason to come to Montréal

ME

HA HA HA HA :D

LisaArt
11-22-2004, 04:28 AM
Beautfiul work Tam
Rainbow colors and superb application.
Very encaustic