PDA

View Full Version : WDE 11.20 Visiting and MI ...

ExpressiveAngie
11-20-2004, 11:14 AM
I loved this image and I am fairly pleased with my rendition, except for the fact that I turned that nice looking fellow on the right into an old man :eek:
Soft pastel on wallis - cropped as is 9x 11 - 90 minutes

Valri Ary
11-20-2004, 11:30 AM
I love all the blues you used. I'm so in awe of your pastel work........gotta get me some softs (I only have op's and I'm not so great with them) but these men look amazing. Gosh, you got this all done in such a short time too. WOW.....love it :clap: :clap:

Valri

VeldaJ
11-20-2004, 11:40 AM
You did a great job on this Angie. They look to be having a real old chinwag. :D

khourianya
11-20-2004, 11:58 AM
G'morning Angie! :wave:

Another beauty out of you! I don't think you aged the man too seriously - he still looks great! This is one of the ones I'm considering...guess we'll have to see what I can pull of in 2 hrs... :D

ExpressiveAngie
11-20-2004, 12:15 PM
Valri -- thank you :) Red is actually my favorite color but I have seemed to move to "land o blu" recently :p I have to tell you I work quickly because I have little kids :D ..

Thank you Velda- this was loads of fun to paint.

Good Morning back at ya Cori!... I might try for a more accurate face on him later, then again I hate to go fiddling with it :wink2: , noone here in my town knows if he is drawn properly or not :evil: --- I will be looking for yours, i am sure it will be Cori lisious

maritajill
11-20-2004, 12:21 PM
You've produced a really good 'conversation piece'. I love cafe pictures and I think you've caught a almost plein air feeling to this one :clap: :clap:
Marita :wave:

OzonaLori
11-20-2004, 12:53 PM
Yes! Your pastel work is nice and loose, and your colors, though in the cool palette, seem really friendly and cheerful. Very nice!

ExpressiveAngie
11-20-2004, 01:16 PM
Marita...what a nice compliment ...thank you!
Ozonalori...thanks a bunch! :wave:

Okay here's like 15 mins worth, lol, my girls are getting mad at me i promised to take them out today...so we will be back and I will finish up then, soft p on scrap wallis 6x12...lol, that wont be easy to frame!

lorna12
11-20-2004, 01:26 PM
Great job on the visitors! It really does have a plein air effect to it...wonderful colors!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

I'll look for the update on the puddle jumper...It's looking good already. She's a cutie patootie!

Helen
11-20-2004, 01:29 PM
I love the men having coffee... I did that one too but not nearly as nice and loose as you have done. I really like loose; hope someday I can achieve it! Nice start on the next one too.

ColorMyWorld
11-20-2004, 01:54 PM
I like the colors. With all the blues used, it feels like there’s a chill in the air like it would on a Fall day.

Oh, I love the start you have on the little girl. You’ve caught the sense of play and motion.

Charlie's Mum
11-20-2004, 02:11 PM
Lovely free style Angie - you've made a nice job of this - great stuff!! :D

sundiver
11-20-2004, 02:23 PM
Great crop, great atmosphere- love it!

*Deirdre*
11-20-2004, 02:24 PM
I like the colors. With all the blues used, it feels like there’s a chill in the air like it would on a Fall day.

Oh, I love the start you have on the little girl. You’ve caught the sense of play and motion.
Absolutely! Well done...witll check back later!

Queen Bee
11-20-2004, 03:07 PM
Angie, I don't blame you for being pleased with the old gentlemen. I can almost hear them talking.

guilliame
11-20-2004, 03:28 PM
Hey PastelMama,lots of loose and free pastel strokes going on in this,ditto the blues,like it lots,can feel the communication between them :clap:

ExpressiveAngie
11-20-2004, 05:02 PM
Got back, havent started on teh little precious yet but will do it before I go nite nite...lol, oops oh yeah I am talking to adults!
Lorna Thanks a bunch! :)
Helen, lol, those who paint more tightly want loose, those that paint loose wouldnt mind painting tighter, Thank you :)
Thank You Ann, hope all is well :wave:
Maureen - I certainly appreciate your kind words :)
Thanks Wendy...mood and atmosphere can really make a difference cant it, I am starting to see this finally
Okay Deirdre, I will be looking for ya :D
Deborah and Guilliame I am so happy yall sense they chat - thank you for commenting :wave:

Goobiemom
11-20-2004, 05:20 PM
Nice job on the menfolk...seems like they're enjoying their coffee and conversation! Beautiful start on the little one! Looks like it's going to be another winner! :D
Judy

mbeckett
11-20-2004, 06:20 PM
This is great, Angie. Friendly inviting colors. I like the loose style with the bold strokes. Almost a Van Gogh-y ( :eek: :D ) look to it!

silgurt
11-20-2004, 06:58 PM
Your expressive brushstrokes make this a very interesting piece and the colors are great.

Reese

Valri Ary
11-20-2004, 07:31 PM
Hope you get a chance to finish that little cutie puddle jumper. Great start!! :clap: :clap:

Valri

ExpressiveAngie
11-20-2004, 07:35 PM
Hope you get a chance to finish that little cutie puddle jumper. Great start!! :clap: :clap:

Valri
I am waiting on my lean cusine to mircowave then I am gonna finish it! :wave:

Thanks Judy :) ---lol Mike, I'll take Van Gogh! :clap: ----Thanks Reese, I love when folks call my work expressive!

Elainepsq
11-20-2004, 07:39 PM
Great job, I thought it was oils at first. I like the limited palette, and your choice of the ochre with the blue is wonderful.

CAULFIELD
11-20-2004, 07:52 PM
Got back, havent started on teh little precious yet but will do it before I go nite nite...lol, oops oh yeah I am talking to adults!

Shoot, that read perfectly normal to me. :D

Everything has been said! Beautiful colors and style on the chocolate shop. They were so funny when I asked them if I could take their picture - they even asked if they should gaze into each other's eyes for me. :rolleyes:

My cutie is lookin' good too! I'll try and check back later!

Nicole

hopefulbucky
11-20-2004, 08:10 PM
Angie, these are indeed lovely. These old guys look happy to be sitting there having their visit and their cups of coffee. Great job

weckster
11-20-2004, 08:12 PM
Great picture! I love the way you've done both men - I want in on their conversation!

Celia
11-20-2004, 08:17 PM
Angie....... I love the pastel work on the cafe piece........ you caught a moment in time........ beautifully..........

your little splasher is looking good........ I'll watch for updates.......

celia

ExpressiveAngie
11-21-2004, 07:14 AM
Elaine - thank you-- I am using a limited palette more and more these days!
LOL NIcole :D
Thank you Judy Weckster and Celia! :wave:
heres my update and a coupla close ups...of course now yall will know just how messy I am :eek:
6x12 - s pastel on wallis --one hour
I didnt post last nite because my camera batteries had to be recharged! :mad:

Goobiemom
11-21-2004, 12:28 PM
She turned out sooo adorable! Love those shoes! :clap: :clap:
Judy

mbeckett
11-21-2004, 12:43 PM
You've caught the moment. Well done! Boy, does that puddle look wet!

ExpressiveAngie
11-21-2004, 05:23 PM
Thanks Judy and Mike! :wave:

dabblerdot
11-22-2004, 02:10 PM
Wowsa, Angie, when yer hot, yer hot !!!!!
Absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the brush (?stick?) strokes of light colours between the fellows, beautiful colours and handling of same. The contrast between the straight inanimate structures and the sensuous curves of the old gents is wonderful !!! I noticed the subtle leaves in the gutter- just adds another nuance of autumn feel to this painting . And you didn't make the guy on the right 'old', he was just the way you've painted him, in the photo ! I can see why you are pleased with this, it's a really fine accomplishment :clap: :clap: :clap: :)

As for your little puddle-jumper, she's a delight ! You've done a great job with a difficult angle of her face, such lovely little features compressed by perspective, and yet you managed so successfully ! And that is one wet puddle, I can feel the little one's pleasure in her exploration of the natural world !! Maybe it's being the mom of little'uns that gives you such a good feel for the action that's there ! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Great job, girl !!!!

Charlie's Mum
11-22-2004, 05:12 PM
Remember what I said last week Angie - well, to add to it.......you just keep getting betterer and betterer!!!!!

I love the loose (not messy) pastel strokes - and this little girl is a JOY! :D

lorna12
11-23-2004, 02:32 PM
Beautiful work on the wee one! I like the change of background, too....makes for a very sweet painting...well done! :clap: :clap: :clap:

ExpressiveAngie
11-23-2004, 06:04 PM
Lauren you are so good to all of us...you really look and take plenty of time to comment and see things...I admire you for that as well as being a good artist!

Thanks Maureen, I swear 2 things have helpme to get a little betterer :D -- 1 is the wallis paper - 2 is all of you and these wonderful wde events!

Thanks Lorna...I just love it here and the encouragement that abounds...I am pleased to be a small part ...thanks for taking time to comment!

katju
11-25-2004, 09:31 PM
Great paintings, Angie...and I agree that WDE's do help improve one's work. It has for me, too! ;)

Kathy