PDA

View Full Version : Whimsical Coral

Anonymous
11-20-2004, 07:20 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/11-20-2004/40382_Marine5.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/11-20-2004/40382_MarineTable.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Whimsical Coral
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: each canvas 20 x 20 cm
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
First acrylic painting, I usually paint in oil. This was a real swich and challenge painting in acrylic, especially drying time. This is a painting from my imagination spread out over 3 canvases.
Sorry for the quality, but I had so many troubles photographing and resizing for pixels. Looks much better in real life...

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Appreciate any comments suggestions you may have for my next acrylic painting.

earthbot1
11-20-2004, 11:06 AM
the color and rendering are great. very vibrant. i would try leaving some space between the canvases when you hang them. i bet they will look great with a little space.good job.

Tamana
11-20-2004, 11:41 AM
Wow! Excellent first Acrylic! Looks like you've found your niche!! I agree with spacing them when you hang them. Well done!

Gilberte
11-20-2004, 02:49 PM
Most charming with a part of individuality ! Hope you enjoy acrylics ... and don't forget to share your experiences !

Bad business for the frames ... :rolleyes:

LisaArt
11-22-2004, 04:45 AM
Hi earthbot, Tam and Gilberte, Thanks for your very nice comments. :)
I will frame them in a box frame and they will be most definitely spaced. I just put them close together to take the picture.
I enjoyed working with acrylics and it was so different then painting with oil. Drying time was hard. I did get some great advice in the acylics forum here on WC and that really helped me. I am going to do another acrylic painting, but I want to get some better paints. The paints I used are of very poor quality that I bought at some sort of dollar type store here just to try out. And my brushes were really bad. I did not want to use my good oil brushes for the painting. The greatest thing about using the acrylics was that you can finish a painting rather quickly...and clean up was amazing!

Mikey
11-22-2004, 09:05 AM
Lisa I looked at these quite a few times and very well done. A lot of people here use Golden Acrylics with high pigment loading. They would certainly suit this kind of work.

Mikey

Gilberte
11-22-2004, 09:51 AM
Oh Lisa, so you were the unknown artist :D ! Absolutely charming work !

note to myself - ... must have another try at acrylics ... later ...

Do you varnish ?

Tamana
11-22-2004, 09:53 AM
Lisa?! I would've never guessed! :cool:

Frida200
11-22-2004, 03:29 PM
Lisa, very nice. First try with acrylics? Just had that myself, but absolutely un-postable!!! :D You did much better :clap:

LisaArt
11-23-2004, 03:57 AM
Hi Mikey, thanks! and about advice re: the golden paints.

Hi Gilberte, yeah it was me... :D. Thanks, I had fun painting this one. Yes, I varnish. I will varnish this one soon. Anxious to see how it looks varnished. As I really love when I put a re-touching varnish on my oils until I do the final varnish. The colors really pop.!
Hi Tam, :wave: yeah its me.
Hi Frida, Geez thanks. :o What was your biggest problem with the acrylics?

haaf
11-23-2004, 06:21 AM
Lisa
would have never guessed
aha surprise! Tropical fish from Scandinavia!
Good see you work again.
Fresh and happy, will brighten up a whole room.
Caroline ;)

LisaArt
11-23-2004, 06:53 AM
Hi Caroline, Thanks so much!! Enjoying my new scandinavian life. Have a beautiful view on the ocean! Cant ask for more :) Happy painting.