PDA

View Full Version : ****Daily Wash ***** Friday November 19

Lulu
11-18-2004, 10:25 PM
Evening each:)
feeling on top of the world here at the bottom of the world lol
Knee settled down overnight with an anti-inflamatory, went to the physio who said the cause of the prob was swelling under the patella.........How's your patella today Kev??? copycat eh? :Dlol
He strapped it and it feels much better. Go back to him next week.
After that I did an hour and a half at the gym - full cardio and weights work-out. Feel great!
Now off to garden.

Hope all is well in your world today. :wave:

laudesan
11-19-2004, 12:48 AM
Glad news is good Lulu.

Found this for you..:) http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Nov-2004/22284-pencil.gif

I am idling away my hours as I don't feel like painting today.. **sigh**

Feel a little dizzy actually.

CHAR Whoot...........congratulations G/F you deserve it. Your paintings are awesome...

I feel decidely yuk..

You all http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Nov-2004/22284-nice_day.gif folks.. :wave:

Yorky
11-19-2004, 01:56 AM
Morning all :wave:

Glad your knee is better, Lulu, are you sure all that exercise is good for it? ;)

Well, off to the airport in 5 minutes, will be in Detroit by 6 pm I hope. Not sure if I will get online at Peters.

Just had to dig my way into the car - everything frozen solid - couldn't open the doors. Managed eventually but everything covered in a thick layer of ice :rolleyes:

Bye for now,

Doug

Roun2it
11-19-2004, 02:10 AM
Morning each,

White with frost here, snow forecast!!

Bye Doug :wave: have a good one.

Just popping in to say hello, then off to have my pre-op checks in Manchester. I got to fight the traffic into Manchester to get there for 9am. Makes a 40 min journey into 2 hours.

Lulu, taking my stuff but don't know if I'll make the gym.

Hey I feel excluded, Char and her soulmate 'sister's'............. :crying:

BBL.

Lulu
11-19-2004, 02:26 AM
Glad your knee is better, Lulu, are you sure all that exercise is good for it? ;)

YES! :D

madmum
11-19-2004, 02:26 AM
Morning peeps!

Just diving in to wish Doug and Ruth a safe journey today, have a wonderful time with your family!

Whoosh...........

Lulu
11-19-2004, 02:29 AM
Glad news is good Lulu.
Found this for you..:)

Thank you JJ, I've saved it:) Feel better soon ((((i))))

Kev, would you like me to draw you in a skirt so you can be a sister too??? :evil:

laudesan
11-19-2004, 03:25 AM
Thanks Lulu, I had a lie down and I feel a tad better.. I will be as good as gold tomorrow. I just got all dizzy and squeemish like..

Kev you ARE a sister..:p

Doug safe flight.. http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Nov-2004/22284-aeroplane_in_motion.gif

It is 6.30pm here .......time to put dinner on..

bbl

Europa
11-19-2004, 05:13 AM
MORNING WASHGANGEROOS!!

Well no frost here - blue skies and sunshine - see Kev I keep telling you the sun shines on the righteous. :angel:

Lulu - glad the knee is better.

Doug - safe journey but am sure you are at the airport by now.

Kev - good luck with that traffic to Manchester - nightmare journey - don't envy you at all.

JJ - sorry you werent feeling so good - glad you are a bit more chipper now kiddo.

Waving to Ruth :wave: - and anyone else who follows.

Off for brekky - bbl - grocery shopping today (oh joy!!!)

Love and hugs all around

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

Pat xxx

painterbear
11-19-2004, 05:29 AM
Good Morning all,

It is just past 5:00 a.m. here in a soggy Oakwood. I hear the rain hitting the window and running down the new roof into the gutter. DH has decided we will be getting new gutters with covers so now is on a quest to pick out the one that will do the best job of keeping leaves and other debris out of the gutters themselves. I keep saying "Whichever one you think will be best, dear." (Don't let him know this, but I really don't want to be bothered thinking about gutter toppers. I've got more important things to think about, like "Is this color strong enough on my painting, or do I need to do another wash?" LOL!)

Char,
Glad you finally found the road to the hotel. Can't let those construction demons make you get lost. :evil: Congratulations on having all three of your paintings accepted into the juried show. That is really fabulous. Are they paintings we've seen here?

Kev,
Good luck on the surgery. Hope it all goes well and the results are spectacular for you so you can join Lulu in the gym lifting weights and making your hearts beat madly.

Any time you are in Dayton or environs here in the Mid-west, you have a standing invite to dinner at my little castle. ;)

Lulu, I may be joining the Knee Club soon. Had x-rays taken the other day to see if they could tell what was causing the pain. If that doesn't work, doctor will order an MRI. Took an anti-inflammatory yesterday and was walking normally for the first time in weeks. Amazing what those little pills can do.

JJ, Hope you aren't coming down with the flu or anything. Crossing my fingers you'll feel fine when you wake up today.

I'm sure Doug and Ruth are already in the air at this time. What fun they will have seeing how much little Alexander has grown and learned in the few months since they last saw him.

Waving to Ruth a good morning as she zooms through. :wave:

Last watercolor class yesterday and the instructor did a demo painting of a facade of a New Orleans building with strong light and shadows. I started a painting of a doorway in Puerto Rico from a photo by Mirazar in the IL trying to do as my instructor showed us. So far so good. I am working at putting down stronger colors and fewer washes in a quest to get clean, clear paintings.

We are having a quick visit from daughter Christine (the one going through the divorce, so we thought a little get-away and some of Mom's cooking would be good for her) and grandson Quinn. It is his birthday next Wednesday so I have to wrap his presents for them to take back with them on Sunday. It is amazing how grown up he sounds when we talk to him on the telephone now. He's learning to read already, knows the sounds of the letters and is practicing blending them into words. C (keh, keh, keh) A (ahh, ahh, ahh) T (teh, teh, teh)=keh-ahh-teh- cat! From then it is on to hat, pat, sat and the door to reading opens a little wider!

Hope all in the Recovery and Waiting rooms are feeling better today.

Off to check out the Gallery.

SYL,

Sylvia

BobH
11-19-2004, 06:41 AM
Mornin' all

Char - have to add my congratulations on your being accepted to the Thames Valley Art Gallery's "Eye for Art" juried exhibition. Great news and richly deserved! Which paintings?

Safe trip to Doug and Ruth.

I'm reading about frozen cars and snow forecast... I don't miss that at all! Thursday is house cleaning day for us so after a day of work followed by scrubbing we usually go out for dinner rather than cooking. Last nite we went out in our shirtsleeves as it was 66F. I loooovvve this new climate I'm in!!!

Lulu - hope your knee behaves!

I'm into day 7 of a miserable cold so I'm hoping by Sunday it will be about done. I'm getting bored with getting up every morning feeling like somebody's been beating the stuffing out of me during the night. :p

I have a meeting before school this morning so I best get my butt in gear.

Have a wonderful day (or night ... or tomorrow ... or ??) everyone.

madmum
11-19-2004, 06:51 AM
Back for a few minutes, then I must start my Friday project ;)

First, I want to thank all those who helped to cheer me up yesterday, it means alot to me. (((((((((i)))))))))) DH dragged me up the road to our local pub/restaurant last night, and I had a lovely meal, so that helped too :)

Lulu, good news about your knee!

(((((((JJ))))))

Char/Sylvia, I am also :envy: over your meeting, and even more envious that Char sampled Sylvia's cooking!!!!

Congratulations, Char! :clap: :clap: :clap: Of course it's no surprise, your paintings are absolutely GORGEOUS!

Disturbing images have popped into my head of Kev in a skirt :eek: ;)

Weaving back to Pat :D

Time to start todays project, something different for me, should be fun!

Hugs

Ruth

laudesan
11-19-2004, 07:02 AM
Hi Ruth, glad you are smiling again..........:)

Can you just see it………… Phone rings……………………...

"Hey Char/sis, Kev/sis here, I got a problem. Do I paint my nails red or pink today??"

Char………."Kev/sis honey what colour dress are you wearing today? Is your hair still strawberry blonde Dear???"

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Nov-2004/22284-11613-rofll.gif http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Nov-2004/22284-11613-rofll.gif http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Nov-2004/22284-11613-rofll.gif http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Nov-2004/22284-11613-rofll.gif http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Nov-2004/22284-11613-rofll.gif

:p

CharM
11-19-2004, 07:14 AM
Good morning Washers!!! There really is something to be said for sleeping in your own bed... with your own pillows... next to your best guy... I feel so refreshed this morning!!! :D

It's been quite warm on this side of "the pond" for the past several days... It was +10C when I awoke this morning... It's not going to last long, I'm afraid, but it's certainly shirt sleeve weather!

(((hugs))) and positive energy to ALL you poor knee cappers... my gosh... you're breaking down like dominoes!!! I try to avoid taking anything for pain as long as I can, but Ibuprofen works pretty well for my hip...

Glad you're feeling better Lulu! Sorry that you're not, JJ!!! (I hope you're not coming down with something...)

:wave: to Doug and Ruth as they fly overhead...

I TOTALLY empathize with you Kev when it comes to driving in *traffic*... last week it took me nearly two hours to drive a 40 minute trek to the airport... it's sooooo stressful... Good luck today... I have always wanted a few big brothers, too... :D

*looking in the direction of that whooooooshing sound*... Hi Ruth!!!

I hate grocery shopping... my DH loves grocery shopping... Pat, it's a dreaded chore, but someone has to do it... :evil:

G'morning Syl... did the roofer give you a date as to when that turret would be fixed? Have a blast with Quinn (as if you wouldn't)... and (((hugs))) for Christine...

Bob... A cold is such a nuisance... it sucks all your energy from your body and sends it out your nose... :( I submitted 3 of the florals that I've posted here... Glory Be!, Red Giant and In the Pink... the judging will be on December 2nd (so keep your fingers crossed)... :D I'm excited that I even got accepted!

Magoo here, stole computer while mom distracted......hey everybody....uh-oh mom caught on gotta go......

{edit} My child is a brat... lovable... but a brat! LOL, JJ... somehow I think I'd prefer Kev as a brother... Ruth, I can't WAIT to see what you come up with next...

It's waaaay past time to start work... so... gotta run... Sending good thoughts and positive vibes to everyone!!!

Johnnie
11-19-2004, 08:37 AM
Hi all

Char

Here is a tip I got from Linda about backgrounds and make sense to me. I see that combination in almost all of my kids pics from photographer or Sears...lol
here is link its the second message
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2924839#post2924839

Congrats on being accepted ..You must be thrilled.

Have a good day all

Johnnie

laudesan
11-19-2004, 09:05 AM
Harumphf.........I was in bed sound alseep..

Marmaduke bit me..:( On my foot .. :(

Starsprite
11-19-2004, 09:12 AM
Ouch JJ!! Is Marmaduke a cat?

:wave: everyone. Getting ready to start work...so can't stay long. I know you all want me to stick around, pull up a chair, share my donuts...but I must get to work. :)

I love to catch The Dude in cute/funny positions. Here is The Dude posing in a studly manner for you today. :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Nov-2004/6385-DUDE.jpg

Uschi
11-19-2004, 09:15 AM
Just a quick Good Morning Everyone!!!!!

I overslept, I don't like it because it takes waaaay longer to wake up than normally, I'm still not totally awake.

Lulu, Sylvia and Kev, sorry about your knee and yes, that litle pill called anti-inflamatory sure does a great job on the affected area. How about the rest of the body :rolleyes: :confused: :( :eek: :D

I saw a discussion about the Food and Drug Administration on CNN last night. The general consensus is that the relationship between them and the drug manufacturers is way too cozy.

Char - it never entered my mind for even one tiny second that your paintings would be rejected!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am very happy for you!!!!! Glad you are back where you belong - in Ontario!!!

Hi Johnnie!!!!! Glad you found background advice!!!!

:wave: to everyone!!!!! and sending good thoughts to one and all!!

Nothing new here!!!!!
Uschi

Little Old Lady
11-19-2004, 09:24 AM
Greetings :wave:
Char congrats on acceptance and glad you enjoy being home
:envy: Of all visits with WC members especially having one of Sylvia's dinners.
Sylvia glad you will have a visit with Christine and Quinn.
Healing vibes to all sore knees and other joints.
Still have mild weather here too.
Have a good one!
JoAnn

JudyL
11-19-2004, 03:00 PM
Hi, JJ, let me know how your dizziness works out, I woke up with the same thing this morning, I took an antihistimine, I thought it might be an inner ear thing. Bit off in the head all day. (nothing new there)
It didn't stop me though, I went out to Harrogate for some Christmas shopping. Wouldn't you know, I found two things for my Mum, now I have to decide which one I will keep :evil: I also got new towels for the new bathroom. And had a proper tea at Bettys, egg salad sandwiches scones, jam, clotted cream, and a slice of Yorkshire Curd, which I did not eat.
COLD here too, it snowed where DH works, I know it was still on the car this morning.
Did not find one thing I was looking for, no surprise there, grandson Spencer age 5, wants a flat cap. My fault, I got him "Caps For Sale" unfortunatly it's the wrong time of the year for that style. Will look at the Market on Wednesday, may get a small men's cap, for now.
Watching Chilren in Need, gotta go

JudyL

Roun2it
11-19-2004, 04:16 PM
Hey I made it I'm now a Bro of Char's whooo ooo!!

The journey to Manchester was **********ing awful, set off an hour and a half before I needed to and was half an hour late! :(

I ran out of arms for the vampire nurse, she had me bleeding all over the place the vaccums in the needles coming off twice :eek: ouch. Anyway my pre-op went OK so all is right for the 1st.

My christmas card has finally got to Chris, and I've posted mine in the Gallery HERE (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231406)

See you later sisters :angel: :wave:

stephie20
11-19-2004, 07:40 PM
just whizzing through on my way to bed... :wave:
Didn't get home from work tonight until 10pm.......Had appraisal today with area manager, said I was the best assistant manager in the business, and they will be offering me my own store after the January sales....I was so chuffed.......untill they told me where it was :crying: the a*$% end os London, other side of the water, and a bit of a dive area..... :mad: ..got to think about this one.........

No time for painting.........busy washing and ironing for holiday on wed evening...spending the night at the airport hotel.......and 3 weeks of heaven

Frost and snow here this morning....couldn't get the car door open.......never mind 32 in Thailand at the moment..........

Hope everyone is well.....off to bed ....early start in the morning...ta ta :wave:

Uschi
11-19-2004, 08:26 PM
Good heavens, ws WC down, not one single post in almost 6 hours :rolleyes:

Where is the stuff for me to read at the end of a hard working day :rolleyes: :eek: :D

Kev, glad all is sorted out re the knee operation!! You'll be dancing at Christmas or New Years!!!

Stephie, congratulations on being such a success and how wonderful that you have a boss who tells you so!!!! Thailand, ohhhhhh, I want to go there :envy:

Where is JJ??? It's around 10 a.m. there???

:wave: to everyone!!!

laudesan
11-19-2004, 08:31 PM
Woot Stephie 3 weeks in Thailand, way to go!!

AS for having your own store. I guess because you ARE the best store manager they have had, that is why they have given you this challenge. They know you will make this store into a winner..

KEV.. (((for the blood letting and the ****ty drive there))) :clap: for your card..

Judy, I seem to be alright now. I wonder if it was the water I was drinking. I have been trying to drink water during the day, you healthy for you and all that, well I drank 2 glassses yesterfay and well, maybe that is what made me dizzy.. Who knows. I am sluggish today so more water after my first cuppa that is.. ;)

Marmaduke is indeed a cat. Think GARFIELD without a tail.. :D

:wave: Back JoAnn

Uschi I slept in this am too and I know what you mena................:9 **yawn** Only reason I got up was the phone was ringing..

11.30am Saturday here, now the day has half gone, I had better shake my tail.. :)

Europa
11-19-2004, 08:53 PM
EVENING OR EARLY MORNING WASHGANGEROOS!!

Just watching Children in Need on tv - and also working on my second double portrait - this time is our Liam and his girlfriend Tracy - I binned the first one of them - it was absolute *************-- then again it wasnt the best reference pic - this one is much better so fingers crossed.

Stephie - well congratulations you and well deserved!! Ooooh Thailand - lucky you - errrr if you see any fridge magnets.....LOL. :wink2:

Kev - good luck with the operation - love the christmas card - just had a quick peek.

Well we finally got our new minibus today - this is the second one in a fortnight - thank goodness this one is top notch and sailed through the test.

Well I didnt win the Euromillions - then again neither did anyone else....lol....so a roll over next weekend - fingers crossed....hmmmmm now what can I do with £23 million :D

New upright freezer arrives tomorrow - they gave us a time between SEVEN THIRTY AM AND NOON!! I ask you - what sane person is out delivering stuff at 7.30 in the morning!!!

Well methinks I will go to bed - and watch the end of Children In Need.

Oooh yes - GREAT NEWS!!! - THEY BANNED FOX HUNTING!!!! :clap: :clap:

K cya'll over the weekend - love and hugs all around

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

Pat xxx

laudesan
11-19-2004, 09:02 PM
Oooh yes - GREAT NEWS!!! - THEY BANNED FOX HUNTING!!!! :clap: :clap: Pat xxx

Woo-Hoo :clap:

Is freezer frost free??????? ;)

CharM
11-19-2004, 09:37 PM
Wow... slooooow Wash Day! I was expecting to have a lot of reading to catch up on... everyone must be busy painting...

Of course, Doug and Ruth should be in Detroit (???) playing with grandson Alexander... :D

I've had a run of bad luck with computers, lately... my laptop did a dive today... I had to install Neoteris, a new VPN software application to allow me access to our Corporate Network... my poor little machine didn't like it and crashed... after which I lost most of my Office software, including Outlook... So, I spent the better part of my day trying to recover... I never did... gave it up for a bad job... :(

It rained off an on all day and now it's turning colder...

...too tired to paint tonight...

Thanks, Johnnie!

Hi Sprite!

LOL, JJ... I don't know that drinking water should make you dizzy... hmmm...

JoAnn... can we convince you to come West?? And then North??? Even for a little while?? Good visit... good food... :D

Judy... keep them both... save one for your Mom's next "occasion"... planning ahead... :D

KevBro... :D :wink2: :angel: With O+ blood, I'm a universal donor, so if you need more... Thank goodness the pre-op is over and done with...

Stephie... 3 weeks in Thailand??? Wow... You are definitely turning a lot of faces :envy: !

Hey, Uschi... no news is good news, I s'pose... eldest son is coming home in January... just in case your daughter is in the neighbourhood... :cat:

Service and/or Delivery people usually give us a time of between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Kind of difficult to miss that target... LOL... Pat, you really will have to roll out of bed EARLY tomorrow!

Whatever will the bluebloods do if they can't hunt?? :evil:

So... I'm finally headed over to the Gallery for a few minutes... good thoughts and positive vibes headed your way!

laudesan
11-19-2004, 09:54 PM
:D I know Char, but..............but.......... :D Methink I need more exercise, body doesn't like stopping now we are home..;)

So soryy 'bout your laptop, all those files all that work grrrrrrrr. :( http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Nov-2004/22284-23_28_121BIGG_HUG.gif

CharM
11-19-2004, 09:56 PM
:D I know Char, but..............but.......... :D Methink I need more exercise, body doesn't like stopping now we are home..;)

So soryy 'bout your laptop, all those files all that work grrrrrrrr. :( http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Nov-2004/22284-23_28_121BIGG_HUG.gif

...and I can't get my email... :(

I'll have to drive it in to Chatham on Monday and hand it over to the techies... heaven help me... :D

Christie
11-19-2004, 10:07 PM

I'll have to drive it in to Chatham on Monday and hand it over to the techies... heaven help me... :D

What? Don't you trust computer techies??? Think carefully about how you reply to this... as a nerd, I might get hurt feelings! :evil: :wink2: :D

laudesan
11-19-2004, 10:23 PM

Oh Bum and I sent you one too.. :(

raian
11-19-2004, 10:54 PM
I've not been around much the last month, but I'm happy to see everyone is still painting and producing and getting better and better! I've had many comissions for Christmas (dog portraits) and also have been showing my dogs a lot. I'll be off again this coming weekend to Savannah to try to clinch a few more legs for my dog's agility titles :)

I will pop in when I can. God Bless ya'll :D

Lulu
11-19-2004, 11:05 PM
Hey I made it I'm now a Bro of Char's whooo ooo!!

Oh blow, was going to provide you with a dress and red toe nails:evil:

Glad the pre-ops over with, is the op still Dec 2?
LOVE your Christmas card! Brill:)

My knee is fine today, must have been all that gym work that helped:D lol
I agree, Uschi, anti-inflamms are great but not great on your gut.......... only take them when I'm desperate.

JJ, keep drinking that water! That won't be making you dizzy, something else has done that. Perhaps Alan's after-shave?? :evil: :p

Raian, nice to see you here:)

laudesan
11-19-2004, 11:08 PM
JJ, keep drinking that water! That won't be making you dizzy, something else has done that. Perhaps Alan's after-shave?? :evil: :p

Probably all that dark Choc someone told me to eat to make one regular.. :D :p :cat:

I've not been around much the last month, but I'm happy to see everyone is still painting and producing and getting better and better! I've had many comissions for Christmas (dog portraits) and also have been showing my dogs a lot. I'll be off again this coming weekend to Savannah to try to clinch a few more legs for my dog's agility titles

You should have a chat to Gail (Strawberrywine) she shows her dogs too..

JudyL
11-20-2004, 04:29 AM
Morning!
Still dizzy, JJ, can't be the water, I was thinking I've been dizzy because I haven't been drinking enough water! Isn't it nice that dark chocolate is good for you? I mentioned that to my doctor, she HAD to remind me you only need a tiny bit (phooey!)
I hear the blue bloods are going to take up fighting the new regulation. They are going to fight it in court! Prince Charles is all bent out of shape over that as well, said something like if they outlawed that, he may as well just move.
Oh well :music: Thing is since I've been here I have seen so much concern about animals, even seen lizard and frogs be rescued, I don't see why they can't come up with a way to do foxless hunting? Move with the times people, how about an electronic fox!
Hope all are better soon, human and other, DH just went out for his run, he said it's frosty out there, may have to break out my long silk undies.
OH Kev, the Christmas Card it a beaut! I've been fiddling with ideas, but we have tons of cards left over, a couple of years ago I bought some at the tourist information place, to support a charity, I bought 50, turns out they were 50 packs, 4 in a pack, so we had 200! and one year we didn't send any, that was the year I was in California selling our house in Campbell, and Jack was here buying our house in Knaresborough. This is the last year we will send these! They are nice though, shows 4 watercolor views of local spots.
Char, hummm that's a thought, I could keep the lovely furry throw safe here, warmmmmm, till her 95th birthday.
Later
JudyL