GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Toi no Misaki
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 65x53cm
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Located in Miyazaki Prefecture, where I grew up.
Very unique National Park with wild horse walking around.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I painted this using Red as a main color. I think it came out just fine, but some people have shown negative feeling toward this painting.
I want to know if there are people here that dislike this painting and why.

sredare
11-18-2004, 03:46 AM
hello,
I think if sky and lighting in this image is diferent ,but great - expressing speciale mood.
regards,Ruta

www.sredare.narod.ru (http://www.sredare.narod.ru)

DevineCreative
11-18-2004, 03:53 AM
I like it! Using red as the main color is unique. Red has different meanings in different cultures. I think one thing is common among them as far red is concerned- it is a powerful color.

Red in the states is widely used in logos and print advertisements. It is a demanding color. So for us in the states, your painting may provide a bit of confusion...a peaceful composition; horses grazing, the sun sparkling on the lake, the lone quiet tree are all wrapped in a color that, at least here, represents visual noise.

I think it's this contadiction that may have some conflicted.

I really like it.

Pamela

takeshi iwasawa
11-18-2004, 05:40 AM
Hi Sredare, Thanks...Lighting meaning more brighter?

Hello Devine Creative, Thanks for your logical explanation. I never thought about meaning to color.....I think I'll do more research before I paint.

But now the I think about it I often let one color dominate whole painting. I don't do it much but whenever I feel angry or sad I paint like this. I better go see my shrink. :cool:

nancyw
11-18-2004, 07:40 AM
Wow. What a great use of color. Don't change a thing. I felt warm and invited into this painting. Don't see a shrink; keep painting. This is special. :clap: Nancy in Florida

haaf
11-18-2004, 08:08 AM
I think......
this is better than seeing a shrink.
love your mono-color approach.
it's a little bit of a pity that the branch of tree is almost extended in the horizon.
Caroline ;)

Tamana
11-18-2004, 09:40 AM
The light on the horses is lovely. Makes my eyes wonder in the dark...

earthbot1
11-18-2004, 09:58 AM
Very nice work...I love the concept.

takeshi iwasawa
11-18-2004, 11:34 PM
Hello Nancyw, thanks I'll cancel my appointment with my shrink. :wink2:

Hi Haaf, You know it bother me too, I was tempted to saw it off....But they will put me in jail. Maybe next time I'll paint it from different angle.

Hi Tamana, Thanks for the complement!

earthbot1, thanks and what a cool name!

instargalv
11-19-2004, 02:04 PM
I like the red just fine. It's especially nice in the sky. My only small nit would be that the sun seems to fit ever so nicely in the niche between the horizon and the tree branch. I might would have made it a little larger to fit somewhat behind the branch.