PDA

View Full Version : Help I Need A Flu-shot

old navy
11-17-2004, 08:18 PM
My doctor told me today to get the shot anywhere I can.I have a friend downunder will try next week.I will pay all charges plus shipping.My doctor will use his syringe.I dot know if it has to be refrigerated or not.My thanks to anyone that can help.Ron

Phoenix Rising
11-17-2004, 09:39 PM
I'm almost certain that it has to be refridgerated. I definately NOT go that route, as it takes far too long to receive things from Australia. If I were you, I'd try another route.

Pars
11-17-2004, 11:01 PM
My doctor told me today to get the shot anywhere I can.I have a friend downunder will try next week.I will pay all charges plus shipping.My doctor will use his syringe.I dot know if it has to be refrigerated or not.My thanks to anyone that can help.Ron

Wish I could help, but we have no vaccine at all and withdrew for the first time in ten years vaccinations for health department staff. You might try CDC, Atlanta, if this is critical. This must be on dry ice (i.e., frozen).

laudesan
11-18-2004, 05:57 AM
For anyone looking for a Flu Shot Look here....... (http://www.findaflushot.com/lungusa/)

Yorky
11-18-2004, 07:10 AM
You're terrific, Judy - the Link Queen. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Doug

Pars
11-18-2004, 09:26 AM
Unfortunately, the link is only for New York City where we do not have any vaccine. (I work for the State Department of Health, and we have nada).

Ron, try your local chapter of the lung association and see if they can help, or as I suggested the CDC just up north of you.

If I hear of any other source I'll send you a PM.

old navy
11-18-2004, 12:58 PM
My Thanks To all of you.I will keep looking.Ron

Hayward
11-18-2004, 04:44 PM
Try these guys - they have a sign out front that says they have them
608-784-9922 (Medicine Shoope Pharmacy) La Crosse, WI.

jo

jspatton
11-18-2004, 04:44 PM
Several states are now making flu shots available to anyone regardless of age, health, etc. Here in Utah the department of health announced yesterday that all high risk people have been vaccinated and that there is a ton of vaccine available to the general public. NPR had a story recently about the same situation in Minnesota. Perhaps this will happen in your area soon, too? Call your local department of health and see what they say.

Good luck!

Strawberry Wine
11-18-2004, 06:36 PM
I agree, your local Dept. of health is your best bet. Wondering why your Dr. does not have the serum or could tell you where to get it. I think another call to his office is in order.

Cheers,

Gail

old navy
11-18-2004, 06:52 PM
OK Guys ,You have given me some good information,I will use it.Thanks,Ron

raian
11-19-2004, 10:56 PM
Ron, hang in there, South Carolina is expecting a new shipment shortly with PLENTY. They are talking about it on the Charleston news.