GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Ayu
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Glass
Dimension: 85x65cm
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Ever since I watched a show about Naive art, I was fascinated with its complexity. So I paint on glass whenever I can as a training ( Because there is no mistake allowed in this type of painting) and for fun.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I tried my best to express the movement of underwater and to make them (Ayu) lively as I could......But I want to know what I could have done differently for this painting. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated.

LisaArt
11-17-2004, 06:16 AM
Just goregous, I cant crit on anything. I am painting an underwater scene at the moment and having great difficulty. You have done this so well. I like your water colours and movement. Great job. :clap:

Fagan
11-17-2004, 08:58 AM
wow! this is painted on glass? This is very well done. How do you paint on glass? if you are not happy with parts of it...can't you scrape it off and try again? ...or not?

Mikey
11-17-2004, 09:00 AM
Great job, and please show is some more.

Mikey

Tamana
11-17-2004, 09:46 AM
The depth you've achieved is wonderful - love the blue/green of that palette; however, the sides seem to run off (if you know what I mean). Maybe some slight designing on the sides to cove it together so to speak? The depth is just so endless I hate my eyes being distracted by the fall off of sides.

takeshi iwasawa
11-18-2004, 02:43 AM
Lisa Art and Mikey -Thank You!

Fagan-Well you paint on the other side of the glass, so everything is reversed(I paint foreground first then back ground)....One time I forgot to sign the painting first, so I had to scrape a section and sign it. But other then that I can't touch up or fix it in progress.

Tamara- Thanks and you are right, I have intentionally painted so it would look 'run off', also the digital camera I use force me to trim the side a bit.