PDA

View Full Version : ****Daily Wash ***** Monday November 15

Lulu
11-14-2004, 11:02 PM
Still wild here :D - but have walked to my neighbour's this afternoon for a chat and a cuppa. Took me 50 mins to walk there and back. I can see her house from ours but we have a long drive (700 metres) and she has a long drive, and there's a bit of road in between!
Could have gone across country but didn't want to encounter any electric fences or bulls:D
We have a Marion to the left of us and a Marion to the right of us - and although my name isn't Marion I have a sister Marion:) lol Just thought you needed to know that:D

Better run for cover now before Kev gets on board :evil: :wave:

laudesan
11-14-2004, 11:14 PM
Hi Lulu..

Glad you enjoyed your walk. Yep That was real uselfull to know.. :D :p

Thought you should know this too.. :p

The Snake and the Bunny.

Once upon a time, in a nice little forest, there lived an orphaned bunny and an orphaned snake.

By a surprising coincidence, both were blind from birth. One day, the bunny was hopping through the forest, and the snake was slithering through the forest, when the bunny tripped over the snake and fell down.

This, of course, knocked the snake about quite a bit.

"Oh, my," said the bunny, "I'm terribly sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I've been blind since birth, so, I can't see where I'm going. In fact, since I'm also an orphan, I don't even know what I am."

It's quite ok," replied the snake. "Actually, my story is as yours. I too have been blind since birth, and also never knew my mother.

Tell you what, maybe I could slither all over you, and work out what you are so at least you'll have that going for you."

"Oh, that would be wonderful" replied the bunny.

So the snake slithered all over the bunny, and said, "Well, you're covered with soft fur, you have really long ears, your nose twitches, and you have a soft cottony tail. I'd say that you must be a bunny rabbit."

"Oh, thank you, thank you," cried the bunny, in obvious excitement.

The bunny suggested to the snake, "Maybe I could feel you all over with my paw, and help you the same way that you've helped me."

So the bunny felt the snake all over, and remarked, "Well, you're smooth and slippery, and you have a forked tongue, no backbone and no balls. I'd say you must be either a team leader, supervisor or possibly someone in senior management."

:wave: Everyone :wave:

amaze_1101
11-15-2004, 12:51 AM
Pssssst Hey Chris DON'T READ THE PREVIOUS POST!

:D :D :D :D

Roun2it
11-15-2004, 01:42 AM
Morning each,

Well I was alaways a bunny, soft smooth and long floppy bits :wink2: :evil:

I now know how Princess Di felt being stalked at the gym. I'm off again today, but I shall have to vary my route now!

Lulu, get a bike!!

Lulu
11-15-2004, 02:06 AM
:music: I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it.... :music:

and no, it's not because of catching Kev at the gym (although the smooth long floppy bits does indeed work my imagination!) HA!:D :evil:

I'm about to pay my deposit to secure my place on a tour of Italy, Croatia and Bosnia-Herzegovena (sp?) next September for 3 weeks! Wahooo! counting the sleeps again - how am I ever going to contain myself for that long! LOL

JJ:D:D:D

Johnnie
11-15-2004, 02:11 AM
Hi all

Well I must admit its been a while since been up at this time. Been sleeping pretty good the last while.. Wonder what I did wrong.. lol

Not much happening here. We put out our Xmas lights tonight .. Mama went nuts with that but sure looks great.

Pretty cool here right now -3 C... Been cooling down a fair bit this last couple of weeks. Lowest so far was -6 no snow tho.. Thats fine with me.. My scooter doesnt work too good in the snow and my canes even worse..

Remember now.. Only 34 shopping days left till Xmas.
Here in Ontario Canada we get to shop 7 days a week. Some stores in 24 hours a day.

Have a great day all..

Johnnie

Europa
11-15-2004, 04:49 AM
MORNING WASHGANGEROOS!!!

Might wonder why am up and about at this unearthly hour of 9.45am - well got a meeting with the bank manager this morning - oh joy!!

Lulu - will come back to you about the walk when I have worked out how far 700 metres is in proper measurements :D Lucky you on your tour - Italy is fabulous - cant speak for the other places though - you should have thrown in the Autumn UK meet too.....LOL.

JJ - as a senior management person myself - I will ignore that joke...LOL..am definitely more the bunny rabbit - cept unlike Kev I dont have long floppy bits :p :evil:

Waving to Elaine and Kev and Johnnie.

BBL - Love and hugs all around

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

Pat xxx

DominicM
11-15-2004, 06:39 AM
Jonnie, thats warm isn't it..

Lulu, have fun - wonderful scenery, bring a good camera with you and loads of film/memory cards.

JJ - lol - dont know what you mean?

Kev, must be that arresting personality you have....

{{{{Hugs}}}} to all who need them.

Art Class tonight...

BobH
11-15-2004, 06:44 AM
Good morning all.

I've missed the last few days. I'll have to go back and see what's been going on.

JJ - being a (thankfully) former senior manager type myself I have to emphatically disagree with your story's categorization of managers ... unless, of course, you are in a position to affect my career and future advancement opportunities, in which case I couldn't agree more! :evil: :angel:

Johnnie - negative 3 Centigrade?? Ouch! My wife and I are chuckling at folks here in Raleigh that are "bundling up" 'cause the temps were in the 50's F. Feels positively balmy to us!!

Great trip, Lulu!! How are you going to survive not sleeping until next September??

"long floppy bits" ?? The mind reels at the possibilities... :evil: :angel:

I went to the Arts of the Carolinas show on Friday, including a workshop with Chuck McLachlan. Fantastic workshop!! Watching a master at work does make you wonder, though. He takes a large, fat brush, dunks it in paint, goes "swish, swish, dab, dab" and in 30 minutes has a beautiful painting of an abandoned shack in the mountains. Not to be outdone, I took my largest flat brush, dunked it in paint, went "swish, swish, dab, dab" and in 30 minutes had a piece of paper that looked like a monkey had gone "swish, swish, dab, dab" on it!! :o :envy:
I actually did three paintings on one piece of paper: a lighthouse, a small boat and a small bouquet (which I thought came out pretty good). And then I binned the piece of paper while cleaning my painting area after I got home. :(
I've attached a few pictures of the workshop if anyone is interested. The paintings are all Chuck's. Who is a great guy, by the way, very funny and personable. A former New England Patriot of all things! (Many years ago)

jaytee
11-15-2004, 06:46 AM
Morning each

Pat........ am begining to suspect your frequent 'meeting with the bank manager' is a euphemism for something else . more or less interesting ? :evil:

Kevin & Lulu........ am saving the joys of your mutual vision till Im feeling strong enough :wink2:

Lulu......... fancy going that far and not coming this far. ....shame on you .....were only a sort hop from italy........ or so Im told.........:D

started my challenge last night with wc crayons. looked dreadful so wiped them all off. now have a rather delicate background wash :eek: But as the big bad ball of wind ( LIKED your joke JJ - wonder why what I just said reminded me of it :D) lodged between my shoulder blades means I wont be going anywhere today nless jet propelled. will attempt to finish it.......though I never find painting when feeling tis groggy works too well so well see......

musyt get crawling.......

(((hugs))) yp all in need.. jsut dont hg me too hard back :evil:

droll13
11-15-2004, 06:47 AM
Good morning gang,

I couldn't sleep worth a darn - got 2 hours, then BANG - wide awake. So I tried occupying my mind with boring stuff in hopes of dropping off, but no luck. All that resulted from that effort is this bit of doggerel I call "My Artist's Lament":

Fresh paints seduce; my brush cries "now!"

Fine paper waits pristine.

Alas - I fail to capture how I feel 'bout what I've seen.

Patty - you asked if I'm offering calendars through my website. Yes, I'm ready to go with that now - took some pics (which I must redo because they have to be better), wrote the HTML code, tested the changes then FTP'd the new pages to my host. Still a number of things to add and/or improve, but it's a start. Next I want to offer greeting cards and then prints of my photos.

Speaking of photos, I'm seriously considering a new inkjet - probably a mid-range Epson. Then (after I make thousands of bucks from my website sales LOL), a new digicam.

JJ, I'd heard a version of that joke before, but had forgotten it. Nice to hear it again. It reminds me of one about the mouse, the elephant, and the Corvette. But I can't tell that one in polite company such as we have here.

:wave: :wave: :wave: to everyone.

laudesan
11-15-2004, 07:31 AM
Dave, just remember to buy an individual ink cartridge printer. They are far more economical than the one colour one balck kind..

Glad you all like my joke.. hehehehe..........

Bob what great photos'. Thank you so much for sharing, it is really inspiring me to go to a workshop or two in the new year!!!

I must also see about joining a couple of more clubs too.. **makes mental note to suorce some out**

it is 10.20 pm here. Instead of painting I have been reading a book Christie gave me. The Haunted Sisters. (http://www.directtextbook.com/editions/the-haunted-sisters-jean-plaidy) It is an Historical Novel an really good reading....................... almost finished so no painting today..:p

droll13
11-15-2004, 07:36 AM
Dave, just remember to buy an individual ink cartridge printer. They are far more economical than the one colour one balck kind..

Glad you all like my joke.. hehehehe..........

That's exactly what I plan to do. It doesn't make sense to me to use a printer that has the color inks in a single cartridge, because if, for example, I use up all the blue but other colors are at 100%, I still have to replace it.

The printers I'm looking at have multiple cartridges - 4 or 6 or 8.

Uschi
11-15-2004, 08:02 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!! Thick, thick frost, but sunny and again going up to 10C (40F). That is great joy for our location and for this time of the year!!!

Weeks are just zooming by. Brunch yesterday was good, always good if I don't have to cook it!!

Flo coming over.

I think I had mentioned that before, but have to repeat IS IT EVER NICE TO PAINT ON STRETCHED PAPER!!!!! I don't know if it is the actual stretching that makes the difference because Winsor Newton doesn't buckle nor stretch much, or if it is the fact that the paper was soaked in tub for 15 minutes. Anyone who, like me, has never worked on stretched paper, I would highly recommend it.

Cheering with everyone's good fortune and comiserating with everyone's misfortune and wishing everyone well!!!! :wave: Greetings!
Uschi

P.S.: re ink - my son works in the printing business and claims that under normal circumstances the colours all seem to get used equally. But I agree with you JJ, if I were to print lots of tomato images, the red would run out faster :D

P.S.P.S.: Kev and anyone else interested - I've found another really great way to shade yellow - this time neutral tone leaning a bit into the green - I just finished a yellow iris with the most delicate shading - mixed New gamboge with red to make an orange mixture that is leaning more toward the yellow, then add a small amount of cobalt blue.

Little Old Lady
11-15-2004, 08:03 AM
Greetings :wave:
The sermon at our church on Sunday related to Connectivity. The speaker felt tha the internet and the powers generated by people joining in prayers, white light, good vibes, etc. was a powerful force. In the discussion I used this group as an example.
I can see Lulu doing a painting of the "floppy bits'. ;)
Another board meeting this morn.
Have a good one! :angel:
JoAnn

Ellen in Ont
11-15-2004, 08:14 AM
Good morning everyone,
Only have a minute because I am off to pick up my sister and a friend for the big push to finish the xmas baking. I hope to get multiple things baked today and be finished! Yeah! :clap: I don't know why I put myself through this every year :D Some of the plans for today is refrigerator dough so it will speed up the process (no baking required). The rest of the "menu" includes pressed cookies, chocolate coffee pound cake, and a fruit cake. I want to finish early today because tomorrow is our last watercolour class and I haven't started my homework yet. The teacher challenged me to try and paint a fuzzy peach. Anyone try that and figured out how to paint the fuzz? :confused:
Haven't had time to keep up with the wash. So I'm wishing everyone a great day and I'll just leave an armload of good wishes here for everyone who need one. Help yourself to one (or two if needed). Pass them on if you find someone who needs it more.
:wave: BBL I hope.

Strawberry Wine
11-15-2004, 08:14 AM
:wave: and hopping :) quickly through the Wash. It's been ages since I have been here but do read it often.

Good joke JJ

Great Photos Bob.

Hi Kev, Jaytee, Pat.

Dave, will be checking out your website and taking a look at those calendars. Did you use a template to make them?

Uschi, grrrr, maybe I will try stetching again. The one and only time I did, I didn't find much difference but that was a couple of years back so maybe I will see and feel a difference now.

Hi Jo, Dominic and Johnnie,

Must get back to hopping and get ready for work.

:wave: to those fore and aft

Cheers,

Gail

Europa
11-15-2004, 09:43 AM
Morning each

Pat........ am begining to suspect your frequent 'meeting with the bank manager' is a euphemism for something else . more or less interesting ? :evil:

Oh I wish...lol - bank managers are too staid and upstanding for me - I like my men to have a bit of a rough edge - bit of danger about them!! :evil: :wink2:

Anyways - all sorted out now - new bank account - also signed the lease for the new office - so its systems go!!

Currently Jamie and Liam are working on getting our Jamies 28 inch television up into his attic room - am keeping out of the way till its done - they are currently going with removing the wood surround and the loft ladders to give that extra couple of inches or as a final attempt - taking it over the roof and in through the velux window - am holding my breath for the sound of breaking glass!! :(

Great pics Bob - so that's where I am going wrong - too much swish and not enough dab......lol.

Waving to everyone else :wave:

Pat

Christie
11-15-2004, 10:09 AM
Good Morning All!

It's going to be a nice day here again. Today is house cleaning (such as it is) and painting. I have, ummmm, 28 minis sketched out and another 8 or so slightly larger (4"x 5" ) to draw out. THAT should keep me busy today (and for a few days after that)!:)

JJ, glad you enjoyed the book. :)

Lulu, sounds like a good walk for coffee and a visit!:) I am willing to bet that most of us do not have to worry about bulls when cutting across to the neighbors.:D

Okay, kids need to go to the bus. back later.

Take care.

droll13
11-15-2004, 10:33 AM

Dave, will be checking out your website and taking a look at those calendars. Did you use a template to make them?

Gail, I'm not sure exactly how you mean "template". Maybe an MS Word template or something like that? But no matter. I used Calendar Creator (version 10, I think). Neat little program.

Lulu
11-15-2004, 12:35 PM
Lulu......... fancy going that far and not coming this far. ....shame on you .....were only a sort hop from italy........ or so Im told.........:D

because I couldn't cope with the thought of seeing Kev and his floppy bits close up:evil:

and also because 3 weeks is longer than I've ever been on my own without DH - I'll get too homesick! :)

Starsprite
11-15-2004, 01:56 PM
because I couldn't cope with the thought of seeing Kev and his floppy bits close up:evil:

and also because 3 weeks is longer than I've ever been on my own without DH - I'll get too homesick! :)

LOL Lulu....and I thought I was brave with my comments!!! :D :D :clap:

Three weeks...traveling about... alone?? I would either be so stressed out I couldn't enjoy it or have too much fun and not come back!! LOL You lucky devil you! :)

Dave, I went to your website and looked at the calendars...they look great! I am wondering if I should wait till you get your new printer :evil: ...or is the one you are using now sufficient for printing the pictures on the calendars? To order them do you click on the send email link and write you as to the quantity and which style.... what special dates you might want on them?

I'm feasting on Malted Milk Balls...yummy...better put em up and get back to work. LOL :D
:wave: :wave:

droll13
11-15-2004, 02:27 PM

Dave, I went to your website and looked at the calendars...they look great! I am wondering if I should wait till you get your new printer :evil: ...or is the one you are using now sufficient for printing the pictures on the calendars? To order them do you click on the send email link and write you as to the quantity and which style.... what special dates you might want on them?

Patty,

I answered your questions in a PM. I should have the new printer in a day or two. My current printer does a good job, but the new one will do better.

Thanks

pampe
11-15-2004, 02:51 PM
HOME SWEET HOME

Nice SHORT weekend in Chicago.....LONG day yesterday getting home....up at 3 AM (MONTANA time) to leave...delays in Denver....5 hour drive home from Spokane with MANY DEER in the dark.....tired

Hope you had a great weekend

Dave..I think the calenders are great and look really good...how are you planning on marketing them from your website? (of course, there is always WETCANVAS) :wink2:

Have a great week

Pam

droll13
11-15-2004, 03:28 PM

Dave..I think the calenders are great and look really good...how are you planning on marketing them from your website? (of course, there is always WETCANVAS) :wink2:

Pam

Wow! Thanks Pam.

How am I planning on marketing them? Right now I'm stumbling around in the dark, ad-libbing as I go along. If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears!

But I've updated my website (a beta version update, to be sure) and offer 2 versions of calendars, plus a few options for folks to customize their calendar.

In addition to featuring the calendars on my website, I'm visiting local businesses that appear to get heavy tourist traffic - gift shops, surf shops, independent restaurants, etc. - (Huntington Beach gets a lot of tourists, and the theme of my standard calendar is "Scenes from Huntington Beach"), but given that a retailer would need his/her slice of profits, this approach doesn't look very promising. I'm also emailing friends, relatives, and acquaintances letting them know what I'm up to. Finally, I'm contacting those sorts of small business-persons (realtors, accountants, insurance agents, etc.) that seem likely to mail calendars to clients.

Yes, some WETCANVASers are interested, and for them there's a 10% discount off the prices on my website. I don't quite know how to reach the entire WC community, and I'm not sure I want to try - don't want to abuse my WC membership with self-promotion.

Gotta run - off to look at new printers.

madmum
11-15-2004, 04:29 PM
Evening peeps! :wave:

Late today, I've been lurking though.

Dave, your calendars are impressive! :clap: I like that you're personalising them for customers, very clever!

Welcome back Pam! :clap: :wave:

Lulu :envy: You'll have a wonderful time! Ale would be able to tell you more about Croatia, but I haven't seen him around for ages, wonder where he's got to?

(((((((JT)))))))) (gently) you poor thing, I hate it when wind gets stuck like that, so very painful :( I'm still watching your spending on ebay, and I'm quite worried - if you carry on like this you'll have no room for visitors in April! :eek: ;)

Ellen, fuzzy peaches sound like a challenge! Maybe lots of thin glazes would work. :confused:

Pat, did the boys manage to squeeze the TV in?

Uschi, interesting combination for shadows on yellow, thanks for sharing!

JJ, I laughed :D

CRS, but I didn't do too badly! lol :wave: to anyone I didn't mention individually.

I've been in a rut, but hopefully I've found enough inspiration to get my brushes wet again tomorrow. I ended up on www.pdphoto.org and there are some fantastic public domain images on there - well worth a look if you're struggling!

Hugs

Ruth

laudesan
11-15-2004, 05:58 PM
What ever happened to the ART Cafe????????????

JudyL
11-15-2004, 07:17 PM
JJ, Art Cafe is alive and well on our computer.

laudesan
11-15-2004, 07:27 PM
JJ, Art Cafe is alive and well on our computer.

Where did you find it??????

I went to HOME and found CAFE GUERBIOS (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/channels.php?s=&channel_id=1)

Wondering if it is so hard to find how does one sell stuff.. ;)

laudesan
11-15-2004, 07:50 PM
WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought 2 of Rons' (old navy) paintings on EBAY.. they have arrived and let me tell you they are wonderful!!!

I am impressed Ron, and I am proud to own them!!

I bought.. MY OLD BOAT (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225668) and MY MOUNTAIN SCENE (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226890)

Thanks again Ron and boy that was QUICK postage!!!!

ScarletLake
11-15-2004, 08:26 PM
Hi all my WC friends

Had a good weekend visiting my son at college. Made it through right until time to say goodby without any tension. Then was talking with him about his time involvement with AF ROTC. I fear that he is not keeping up on his grade point average in 2 of his classes because he is devoting so much time to ROTC.

Hey if they were helping him financially get through college it wouldn't be so bad. So sadly I left on a bad note with him.

Well beginning to think I need a special thread about this job change. The latest is that I did not receive a paycheck. My other coworker who is in this nightmare with me did not receive hers either. So today she finds out that she is not even in the system. I'm in the system but they just failed to process my time sheets. I started on Oct 25th & we're paid bi-weekly so I was expecting to be paid for 2 weeks. This is my 4th week there. But oh no I'm only getting paid for 1 week. My friend isn't getting paid at all. They told here she would only be getting 1 week but not until Nov. 26th. Did talk with the head supervisor about my uneasiness over the job. Can't say I feel any different but I've decided that I will actively search for another job while I continue to go in & play their game. I'm over being disappointed & now just plain mad but I'm not going to punish myself for their lack of having it together. If they let me go then they've really done me a favor too.

Lulu - I'm really excited for you. Wow what a dream trip.

Dave - Will have to check out your calendar. Great idea & I wish you lots of sucess.

Bob - I know just how you feel. I have seen several professional watercolorists do demos & yeah it looks like dip brush, splat, swish, swish & a mesterpiece. I try it & it's just splat!!!!

Pam - Sounds like a very long day for you too!!!! Take it easy .

OK can't remember anything else I read. If I don't take little notes I always miss people.

Will report in tomorrow on the saga

Anita

Europa
11-15-2004, 08:27 PM
Just about to hit the hay - have finished another portrait - its in the gallery - decided the double one just wasnt quite what I wanted so am doing them seperately.

Well the lads finally got the tv up - I ended up getting the old extension lead and using that as a rope = we tied it round the tv like a parcel and then Jamie managed to get it into the open 'shaft' area below his room = he lifted it up and our Liam grabbed the flex - however it was catching on one little corner so poor Jamie had to stand holding the very heavy tv (I could see his arms shaking) - while Liam hammered the offending wood out of the way - so bits of chipboard rained down on poor Jamie's head.

Anyway finally they managed it - he has connected up his surround sound dvd and it has been blaring out so when I came upstairs I mentioned to him that it was a bit late - have been sat here quietly painting when there was a big knock on my door and SWMBO shouts ' DO YOU MIND TURNING THAT DOWN!!' :confused: :confused:

I jumped up - well I eventually got up due to painful butt - threw open my door - banged on our Jamie's door and shouted - 'Maybe you should tell your darling grandson - not me!!!' Looking totally surprised SWMBO said 'Oh is it not yours' to which I replied - NO IT FLAMING ISN'T - and slammed my door shut!! - she shouted through the door - 'There was no need to bang on Jamie's door!!! :confused: :confused: - like she hadn't banged on mine - Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! (aren't you glad you don't live next door.......LOL)

Am seriously considering giving myself up for adoption!!!!!

So peace finally reigns in the Brogan household so am going to bed.

Night night!!!

Pat xxx

laudesan
11-15-2004, 09:08 PM
Poor Pat..http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Nov-2004/22284-11613-19488-friends.gif They can be tryng can't they.. :)

Lulu
11-15-2004, 09:55 PM
LOL Lulu....and I thought I was brave with my comments!!! :D :D :clap:

Three weeks...traveling about... alone?? I would either be so stressed out I couldn't enjoy it or have too much fun and not come back!! LOL You lucky devil you! :)

Patty, I think John must have read that last comment - he thinks he might come too now! :clap: :clap:

Poor Pat, we'll adopt you...........I think:p:D

droll13
11-15-2004, 10:07 PM
Ruth,

Thanks for the :clap: about the calendars.

WHOOO HOOO! I have the new printer. Photo quality on premium glossy photo paper definitely looks better, and takes about 1/2 the time to print as before.

Still learning which combination of paper and print quality works best in a given situation.

laudesan
11-15-2004, 10:16 PM
Ruth,

Thanks for the :clap: about the calendars.

WHOOO HOOO! I have the new printer. Photo quality on premium glossy photo paper definitely looks better, and takes about 1/2 the time to print as before.

Still learning which combination of paper and print quality works best in a given situation.

WOO-Hoo..

What did you buy?????

I am so dissapointed witht he quality of my paintings I printed out on Glossy paper. I was printing them on A4 for my portfolio but the look dreadful.

Methinks I need a prfessional Photographer to take pics of my paintings, and then i should take them to k.Mart and get photos' made of them.

Can't afford this of course, which is why i tried printing them myself..

They loo bright artificial, just dreadful.. Maybe I should try them on matte photo paper .. **sigh**

droll13
11-15-2004, 10:32 PM
JJ,

I got a mid-range Epson, model is Stylus Photo R320. It has 6 cartridges plus a few more bells & whistles than I'm used to or need (an LCD screen and memory card/stick reader, for example), but so far seems to deliver good quality prints at a reasonable speed. Since I'm not in a position to spend big $$$ right now (but I'd love one of those $1300 photo printers), this seems like a good choice.

I know what you mean about glossy paper. I think some, maybe most photos look good on glossy or semi-glossy, while a few (softer pics like some of the fog or mist ones I've taken) look better on more of a matte finish. I don't like the way scans or photos of my paintings look on a high gloss finish. I agree that you shoud try them on matte paper. First on a few sheets of inexpensive but smooth & white card stock and see how your paintings look. Then a few sheets of more photo quality, but still matte finish paper and see how that works. I think that might just turn out to be what you're looking for.

laudesan
11-15-2004, 10:38 PM
Card stock ....now there is an idea. I do have to go to Office works and pick up some A$ card stock for my business cards. I could try that.

Ink is so expensive for making boo-boos, and I made 8 of them Grrrrrrrrr..

I shall maybe try that photo paper, you know not the photographic paper but the other one..