PDA

View Full Version : Crack The Da Vinci Code!!!

Europa
11-14-2004, 04:27 PM
I don't know if anyone has read the Dan Brown book - 'The Da Vinci Code' - if you havent I would highly recommend it - anyhoos - DS found this website that takes you through a series of cryptic clues to complete the quest - even if you haven't read the book but like puzzles then you should find this interesting if not intriguing.

http://www.randomhouse.com/doubleday/davinci/main.html

Pat

PS - if you get really really reallyyyyyyyy stuck - pm me for the answer or at least a hint....lol

laudesan
11-14-2004, 08:49 PM
You have too much time on your hands my friend :D :p :wave:

Lulu
11-14-2004, 10:56 PM
Am going to get John onto this, he's just read the book.

Europa
11-15-2004, 04:42 AM
You have too much time on your hands my friend :D :p :wave:

ROTFL - hey got to keep the old brain cells working you know......LOL.

Lulu - he should enjoy it - there is another one as well - if he fancies having a go at this one too - again similar but slightly different clues it seems - i havent tried it myself yet. Let me know how he goes on.

http://www.randomhouse.com/doubleday/davinci/

Pat

nanphe
11-15-2004, 03:15 PM
Well, Pat, thanks to you I have spent most of the morning cracking the code! :) I solved it! Yea! It was fun and I may give a go at the other puzzle.

Nancy

I forgot to add that the book is great! I've read all four of Dan Brown's books and eagerly waiting for the next one due out next year.

madmum
11-15-2004, 04:34 PM
This was good fun, Pat, I solved it (with a little help from google ;) )

Makes me want to get the book, so it did what it was supposed to! lol

Ruth

nanphe
11-16-2004, 11:26 AM
there is another one as well - if he fancies having a go at this one too - again similar but slightly different clues it seems - i havent tried it myself yet. Let me know how he goes on.

http://www.randomhouse.com/doubleday/davinci/

Pat

Pat, this one is easier than the first, but keep a good magnifying glass handy. You will need it! Did you get a chance to read "Rose"? I thought it was a good mystery with a twist at the end.

Nancy

Europa
11-16-2004, 12:03 PM
I havent had a go at the second one yet - as for the book Rose - its next on my list - am just finishing off Bridget Jones The Edge of Reason.

Pat

hopefulbucky
11-16-2004, 12:11 PM
Pat you will totally enjoy this guy and the book. I have also read all of his books and am waiting with bated breath for the next one. In fact, when we were in Rome my daughter was carrying Angels and Demons to reread so we could check out the different places. Alas, we really didn't have time as we spent most of our time at the Vatican wandering through the Museum not trying to solve mysteries. LOL

But set your time aside as once you get into the books you will not want to put them down, we didn't and I think those books went through every member of our family.

Europa
11-16-2004, 12:28 PM
Judy - I have read the Da Vinci Code and you are right - I couldnt put it down - have Angels and Demons on my list to read - in fact after reading the Code one - I spent ages on the internet researching what he put.....lol.

Have also got Bible Code and Bible Code 2 - oh gosh what with paintings to do - books lined up to read - there are just not enough hours in the day.....lol.

Pat