PDA

View Full Version : "Tubs of Fun"

ponting
11-14-2004, 03:30 PM
Rather than be all talk and no action, I decided it was time to post a painting. I have room and am undecided whether or not to add half of a pail to the right side of the painting. It will draw the eye away from the main subject but I don't imagine it as being so strong as to keep it there. The reasons for adding it would be that is was used to fill the tub and is therefore part of the story. I love stories (even if only I can read them) :) .

Medium: soft pastel and some pencils
Size: 5" x 7"
Available at my solo show:
Birthplace of BC Gallery
Ft. Langley, opening Nov 20th
C & C welcome

Dianna

khourianya
11-14-2004, 03:52 PM
See! Now THIS is the reason I want to attend one of your workshops! :clap:

From the thumbnail, I thought this was a photo! Great light and depth in the piece!

ExpressiveAngie
11-14-2004, 05:12 PM
I took a little stroll thru your website and was constantly amazed!
As for the pail or not...I dunno :p :D
I will just sit back and admire some more!

SweetBabyJ
11-14-2004, 06:10 PM
Sumptuous light, Diana- nice catch on this. While I can see the need for something else to keep the whole piece from looking a bit vignette-ish (minus the vignette part) it's quite balanced and centered as is, and you'd be pushing that adding anything much. To me, if a pail- or better yet watering can- were added, it'd have to be close to that tub, and need to be half-lit/half-shadow, I think- like the spout sticking up and catching light. I also find the tub shadow just a smidge opaque and wonder what a bit of olive-y green would do for it.

Khadres
11-14-2004, 06:11 PM
Lovely work! The pail would be cool, maybe slightly overlapping the right side of the tub? A nice chunky bar of soap or something would make the requisite three objects for balance. Pail could be tipped over? Oh, my...stories abound with this one! The sense of sunlight you have there is wonderful; can't wait to see how you finish it up!

I absolutely agree...that's a BEAUTIFULLY done website and I especially like your copyright notice on the entry page! Have been wondering how one would state that succinctly and unequivocally!

ponting
11-14-2004, 06:53 PM
See! Now THIS is the reason I want to attend one of your workshops! :clap:

From the thumbnail, I thought this was a photo! Great light and depth in the piece!

Hello again and thanks so very much. If none of those dates worked out for you perhaps you can set something up and I can come to your neck of the woods.

Thank you also Khadres for checking out my site and your wonderful comments.

As for the rest of you...Thank you and..... I can see that great minds do think alike!!! :D I have done the overturned pail....twice, the watering can and various backgrounds BUT not the bar of soap. There obviously are new things that I can do in the future. We are talking 5 x 7 here so I won't get too complicted. I do at least one of these for each show. I will attach last years for comparison.

BJ.. Good that you noticed the darkness of the grass. Actually it does have my great Terry Ludwig dark olives in there and also muted, ultramarine dandilions. :p

I put in a pail just to see if I liked it.....hmmmmm...come see, come saw. What do you think....shall I leave it in or shall I frame it out and give someone a neat surprize down the line when they take it apart??? ;) Di

khourianya
11-14-2004, 07:00 PM
Hello again and thanks so very much. If none of those dates worked out for you perhaps you can set something up and I can come to your neck of the woods.

Still looking at my calendar. It's nice to know that you would consider coming here. Though - I think I'd love the chance to head west for a bit. I'll let you know when I can see both money and time working out. if the spring works, I will let you know ASAP...

Kathryn Wilson
11-14-2004, 07:25 PM
I know I'm corny - but this just cries out for a yellow rubber duckie! :D

Lovely work Diana! I will have to go check out your web site - your paintings are amazing.

:clap:

Khadres
11-14-2004, 07:37 PM
Holy Toledo! Sorry! I failed to notice how small this was! How in the WORLD do you get all that in there on something so small???? Fabulous! I like the pail...it kinda balances the weight of her head, etc. over on the left...gives the whole a fulcrum effect. BTW, what sorts of frames do you use for these little ones?

Kitty Wallis
11-14-2004, 07:44 PM
The pail works. I was thinking, half out of the picture, and I'm glad you did it. What a great picture of fun!

ponting
11-14-2004, 07:44 PM
I tell you Kat......I had a disadvantaged childhood and as such I didn't have a little yellow rubber duck as a kid so out of spite, I absolutely refuse to depict one with any other young washtub water rat!! :D

Thanks for stopping by :wave: .....Di

Kathryn Wilson
11-14-2004, 07:56 PM
Slumping off to the corner, I thought everyone had a rubber duckie - :wink2:

Sooz, thanks for catching the size on this - 5 x 7 - I just did an oil pastel this size and it ain't easy!

Do you ever come to the states to do workshops?

Cochisa
11-14-2004, 08:19 PM
Adorable, Dianna!
I don't know how you get so much detail in a small size, either.
Do you sharpen your pastels? Do you use little tools for shaping? I do have some pastel pencils...maybe you make a fine detail with those..
The stuff I do isn't so controlled, but I like what you do.
...excuse me for sounding ignorant...I'm not real experienced with pastel yet....

Cochisa

ponting
11-14-2004, 08:41 PM
[QUOTE=Khadres]Holy Toledo! I like the pail...it kinda balances the weight of her head, etc. over on the left...gives the whole a fulcrum effect. [QUOTE]

Holy Toledo yourself Khadres.... Do you stay up nights thinking up neat things to say? Do you have a weight issue? :( .....tell me truthfully, ........do teeter totters secretly frighten you? :eek: Is there a subconscious reason why you delve this deeply into a painting? :confused: It is only a bucket.....I am a very shallow person...so dont read anything more into it than that. :D :D :D In all seriousness, thank you sincerely for thinking up something new and inventive to say. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Re. framing.....I do 3.5 to 4 double or triple conservation mats with V groove and a black foam core spacer cut on a reverse bevel in a rich wood frame with regular glass......you did ask! I have to make them look like they are worth $600.00 somehow. Seriously again.....I do like good framing. It comes from having had my own gallery and good/bad habits die hard.

Dianna :wave:

DFGray
11-14-2004, 08:42 PM
Hi Dianna
great! and great to see your work here
I can't imagine that size though!
Joan is probably ordering chinese

ponting
11-14-2004, 08:47 PM
Joan is probably ordering chinese

Yah :( :( :( .....being left behind.....thats what we get.....Me for living on the wrong hunk of real estate and You for being the wrong sex!! :D :D

Cheer up.....the'll come home broke and indebted while we will only be poor :rolleyes: Di

ponting
11-14-2004, 09:01 PM
Thank you Kitty. I have not as yet tried your paper and I hear great things about it so after the rush is over it will be on my list of things to do!!

Cochisa ....I still covet that name....I wonder if I can translate that into Gaelic? :confused:

I don't sharpen my pastels. I do however sharpen my pencils. I use pencils much less that I used to. I do use a "chisel" and "cup round"colour shaper sizes 0 and 2 but also not as much as I used to.
I used red, white, black and ultramarine pencils sparingly and no colour shapers in this painting. I find I have learned to be more adept with my finger for blending small areas.

Both of these washtub pieces are done on La Carte Pastel Card by Sennelier should anyone care to know.

Thanks once again for your interest......Dianna :wave:

meowmeow
11-14-2004, 09:21 PM
Wow! Wow! Wow! I love this little painting...the grass is wonderful...the light is terrific...the girl and the foot and all..just super. I think I like the half pail there...
Super...now I'll go look at your website again! I seem to recall being impressed the last time I peeked!

Sandy

prestonsega
11-14-2004, 10:17 PM
Tub full of fun!!!!

ponting
11-14-2004, 10:43 PM
Slumping off to the corner, I thought everyone had a rubber duckie - :wink2:

Do you ever come to the states to do workshops?

Thanks for the giggle with the mental picture :cat:

Regarding workshops in your area which I see is NC. I will go wherever people want me. Alas....no one has wanted me there yet.....(big sigh).
I have a passport and my motto should read......"Have pastels, will travel".....I think I should put that on my business card....sounds catchy.
(Batting eyelashes)......Your could always set up something

.........Cheers Di :wave:

Cochisa
11-14-2004, 11:55 PM
Thanks for the info Dianna!
I have a thread I made asking about tools too, and am getting ready to make my choices.
My whole 'earned' name is
Cochisa Rocks The FlyingCloud Eagle
There is a story behind each phase of my name.
I got Cochisa as a child.
I was told it means Strong Woman of the Sun and Moon just lately by another native woman.
The Rocks was earned in a funny way. When I was a child, I was quite a tomboy. I used to play with the neighbor boy, there weren't many girls in the neighborhood. I pushed rocks up my nose, the boy next door showed me how. I don't know what other word to use but..we snorted them out at each other. Well, I got some lodged way up in there, and had to go to the hospital. They couldn't get them all out. I don't know, but I think they're still up there, and it may be what makes me so psychic. pretty funny, I think.
I wouldn't suggest anyone trying this on their own.
Anyway, a small part of my story.
Hope I made you laugh with it.

actually, there is a secret part of my name in paranthesis..after rocks...but if I tell it, it looks to the white translation like crazy, so I don't share it online....
you might be able to guess it

;)

Cochisa

ponting
11-15-2004, 01:13 AM
The Rocks was earned in a funny way. When I was a child, I was quite a tomboy. I used to play with the neighbor boy, there weren't many girls in the neighborhood. I pushed rocks up my nose, the boy next door showed me how. I don't know what other word to use but..we snorted them out at each other. Well, I got some lodged way up in there, and had to go to the hospital. They couldn't get them all out. I don't know, but I think they're still up there, and it may be what makes me so psychic. pretty funny, I think.
I wouldn't suggest anyone trying this on their own.

Too much information :D

Goobiemom
11-15-2004, 01:43 AM
OK! What's a cup round??? I didn't think I would like the bucket, but it's growing on me! What kind of an underpainting did you use, if any?

Judy

ponting
11-15-2004, 01:58 AM
Hello Judy

We seem to have just traded posts in the same click.

A "Cup Round" is the official name for the shape of Colour Shaper (registered trademark). It has the features of a round white eraser stuck to a handle that has been cut off on a 45 degree angle giving you a round flat surface to blend with.

I hope you are getting the same mental picture as I am. :D Di

K Taylor-Green
11-15-2004, 02:18 AM
I don't care about the size or the composition or the colors. I have an emotional connection. My mother has a black and white photo of me as a nine month old, naked, in a small tub, in the back yard. I love this!!

Goobiemom
11-15-2004, 02:36 AM
Thanks Di! I'll look for that. I think it will help. I've been using tissue or a paper stump. I think it would be helpful on the Wallis paper too, since the paper has a different blending quality, much nicer. Glad you liked my little church, too!

Judy

ponting
11-15-2004, 02:41 AM
Thank You ....Sandy, Preston, Judy and Kate for stopping by and for your kind words. What is it about kids in an old tub that squeezes the heart?

Have a great day painting...........Dianna :cat:

bnoonan
11-15-2004, 03:08 PM
Dianna - delightful, strong, humorous, enticing and all of the above rolled into one!! Love the playfulness of these pieces and your use of light!!!

Outstanding! Can't wait to see more and I'm so glad you've come joined us in the dust!

B :clap: :clap: :clap:

jeanid
11-18-2004, 06:05 AM
Hi dianna
Love the Tubs Of Fun. :clap: Thought it was good originally, will the mount cover the pail?
Hope you have a workshop when I next visit Canada. My work from the Down & Dirty workshop has a prominent place in my home :clap: :clap:
Best wishes for your Show this weekend
jeanid :clap: :wave:

Grasshopper
11-18-2004, 08:26 AM
I, too, felt it needed the pail (or something) and am glad you placed it how you did. This is just great. I'm going to have to check out your site. Thank you for sharing. Could you give some of the colors you used in this, for the skin tones? Do you tend to stick to a particular palette for children vs. adults? Just curious.

Dark_Shades
11-18-2004, 12:26 PM
how dumb of me :p .. I saw this posting the other day, and thought ohh this is going to be a nice painting..... saw all the hive of activity in here and thought aha, she's started to paint.......... :o Um ...ha ha ha, stupid me :eek: didnt realise the first posting WAS your painting..... :clap: well ya know I love your work already, but I guess it wont hurt to tell you again, and again, and again...... I LOVE your work, adore it ........
* to be heard in a whingey voice (whaddya mean I thought that was your only voice) .... howd ya do it, howd ya paint like that..... info, info, need more info.... plllllllllease....... do you use your own photos, .. how do you set up the gorgeous shadows........work from life.... who inspires you.... whens your book out :D .... how long have you been painting....when you coming over here....teach me lol.... ok, ok, think Ive calmed down now :D

Excellent Work Dianna..... truly love it :clap:

ponting
11-18-2004, 12:44 PM
Thank you so much b for your wonderful comments and the full three clappies! Wow! :D

Jeanid, your painting deserved a prime place on your wall. :clap: It was excellent!!
And thanks for your good wishes. :)

Grasshopper....(I like that) Oh gosh......see the words of Mary Pratt at the bottom of my page......that's me.....I just wing it ...whatever looks good at that moment in time. However I did look and see and the most prominent colours in her skin were Stabilo's pencil colours of ultramarine #430 used on its side over dark rust pastel....more like blending than adding colour and the hot red #305 used as hot red should be....with gusto. The other skin tones were pastel sticks toned down with the side a my General's white charcoal pencil. I hope this helps :)

Thanks guys ......Di

ponting
11-18-2004, 01:08 PM
.... howd ya do it, howd ya paint like that..... info, info, need more info.... plllllllllease....... do you use your own photos, .. how do you set up the gorgeous shadows........work from life.... who inspires you.... whens your book out :D .... how long have you been painting....when you coming over here....teach me lol....

Wow thanks for the accolades. :)

As for your other umpteen questions.....lets see here...

Mostly with my fingers :D

I use my own photos but have been checking out the resources here on WC and I think I will just have to try at least a couple of those.

Of course those shadows are real but in my still life paintings. I set up my work in a darkened room. Quite often my dining room as it gets the best light and I fold up one or two slats of my vertical blinds to let in just the right amount of light to give me that stark look to many of my works.

It takes me far too long to work from life so most is done from photos. I have done plein air but landscape doesn't really hold my interest long so it has to encompass something that grabs me to make it work.

I am inspired by the work of Degas, Steve Hanks, Alan Wylie, Brender and many others

I am filing away the makings of a book and CD but they will definitely be a while coming as I am behind in everything.

I am in the process of setting up a teaching tour in England, Scotland and Ireland for the year 2006.

Anything else I can answer for you? Thanks sincerely for your interest and praise.....Dianna :wave:

jeanid
11-18-2004, 03:18 PM
:
:clap: Hi dianna
so you are coming to England . :clap: :clap:
Please come to Clitheroe it is a beautiful part of England I want to be first on your list for the workshop :clap: :clap:

Jeanid

Dark_Shades
11-18-2004, 06:32 PM
:
:clap: Hi dianna
so you are coming to England . :clap: :clap:
Please come to Clitheroe it is a beautiful part of England I want to be first on your list for the workshop :clap: :clap:

Jeanid

Ohhhhhh No you dont!!!!......... your not queue jumping here :( :D

..........lol Dianna............ 2006!!!! ........ so booked up for 2005 :crying: ... well I hope you will be in the London area or at least the counties near to it..... it would be a definate date for sure.........and thanks for taking the time to answer a few ha ha ha, of my questions :)

Merethe T
11-19-2004, 09:12 AM
WOW WOW WOW! :clap:

Can't believe I missed this one - absolutely stunning! Me too thought it was the ref at first, am just amazed here! Had to check out your website too, and am in awe - truly wonderful work! It's such an inspiration to me to see what's possible to achieve with this medium - even though I can't imaging how at this point... :)

What strikes me the most about your paintings are the emotions it activates for the viewer - that is true talent to me! Whenever an artist manages to touch people and make them feel something - that's true art to me, and have always been and will be a goal for me both as a singer and (hopefully in time) as a painter. Thank you for sharing!

And...any chance you'd have a workshop in Norway sometime... :D (well, doesn't kill me to ask huh....) :rolleyes:

Merethe

ponting
11-19-2004, 07:25 PM
And...any chance you'd have a workshop in Norway sometime... :D (well, doesn't kill me to ask huh....) :rolleyes:

Merethe

No Merethe, you can't fault a guy for trying......alas, I don't think so. You may have to pop over the the UK :D
Thanks for your wonderful comments.

Jeanid and DS, I will send you some info via PM regarding what is settled so far.
:wave:

Ruth Grinstead
11-21-2004, 01:26 AM
Hi Dianna

This is stunning :clap: . The colours, the textures, the light :D .

I want a place on one of your 2006 UK workshops too, please. If you don't have a venue that suits all you can always hold a WC workshop at my place (Norwich). The studio will be finished next year, and as long as the family don't try to put a pool table in it, there will be room for at least 6 easels and tables. There are 2 hotels within walking distance and plenty for partners to do if they wanted to come along.

Ruth

mhimeswc
11-21-2004, 09:24 AM
This is terrific! How on earth did you get so much into a 5x7?

Michelle

ponting
11-21-2004, 09:51 PM
Hello Ruth

You are ever so generous with your offer. :D I am revamping one of my info forms at the moment and will get some information to you via PM in a day or two. Thanks so much Di

Hello Michelle

Actually it ended up a little wider that 5 x 7 with the bucket in it. It is actually not as difficult as it looks. It is a give and take until you have molded a little hand or foot into the shape you want by adding one colour and shaving off a little if needed with the next colour. A little push and pull. Thanks for your interest..........Dianna

dabblerdot
11-24-2004, 11:47 AM
Dianna, what a gem you have got yourself here ! I'm another 'bucket-lover', it grounds the piece so beautifully ! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Looks like you've stirred up lots of action around here !
I loved Britain and I loved your workshop, so I'm sitting here crying small blue tears and just about shorting out my keyboard because I won't be able to follow you over and learn some more . (Maybe you need someone to carry your pastel box for you, fetch your bottled water, wash off your smudgers, or haul an ever-increasing collection of souveniers ??????)

Thanks for the date reminder on the show in Fort Langley, gotta grab some of my compatriots and visit and be blown out of the water- yet again- by your wonderful productions ! :wave: :wave: :wave:

ponting
11-24-2004, 03:30 PM
Hi Lauren

I will reply to your post in sections

Thank you ! Thank you! :clap:

Giggle...Giggle :p

Blush...blush :o

Cheers.........Di :cat:

AndyfromVienna
11-24-2004, 05:04 PM
this is incredibly beautiful and perfectly done ...... your work - i took a looooong look at your incomparable work on your website - is beyond compare .....

youve got a new fan in Vienna now ....... i am so amazed by your talent and technique and vision .........

im really glad our paths crossed - at least on the internet!!!!!!!

there is a chance ill be in your neighbourhood in may/june 2005 .... would there be a chance to take a look at your artwork or even book some of your precious time?

(ill write to your private email in this respect)

*hugs*

Andy

:clap: :clap: :clap:

ponting
11-24-2004, 05:21 PM
Hello Andy....it is me that would be thrilled to meet an artist from Vienna!!
Do PM me and we will chat. Dianna

funkie
12-01-2004, 08:08 PM
I was told to search this one out and I can see why. Awesome :clap: :clap:
YOU ARE THE QUEEN OF PASTEL!! :clap:

mag

ponting
12-03-2004, 03:24 AM
Why thank you Mag. I've been called Lady Di before but never the Queen. :o
I'm happy you stopped by :D

pampe
12-03-2004, 08:38 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!

Stunning

wonderful

:clap: :clap:

*should get in here more often....look what I'm missin* :rolleyes:

ponting
12-03-2004, 09:06 PM
Hi Pam and thanks ever so much. :wave:

If you have sent me another email, mine is on the fritz so I don't know when I will get to see it. Cheers.......Di

funkie
12-07-2004, 01:44 AM
I just figured out that if I post on here, this will come back to page one. I have been telling my friends about it but they couldn't find it. Now I will quickly send out some hot emails and get them busy. Ho....Mags :wave:

ponting
12-07-2004, 08:29 PM
Gee Funkie............ :o I feel so honored that you would invite your friends. Thanks so very much....Dianna :wave:

Andrew Rance
12-08-2004, 12:58 PM
Hi Dianna. Its a wonderful piece of work, and all the superlatives it has generated in this thread are richly deserved. I also checked out your website and was completely awestruck - I know next to nothing about pastels, but you have opened my eyes to their qualities. By coincidence I also have the August issue of International Painter here on my desk and have re-read your article 'Exploring Your Dark Side' - I like to think I don't have a dark side, but you've proved me wrong!

Please post more of your work on WetCanvas!

ponting
12-09-2004, 03:45 PM
Hello Andrew and thank you so much for the wonderful comments. I see by your work that you do indeed have a hidden dark side....and such a busy and talented soul also. How on earth do you find the time to peruse WC :)

Ta Ta Dianna :wave:

Tich
12-24-2004, 05:58 PM
Hi Dianna

This is awesome. I am new here and if this is an example of what I am going to see here...........I will never turn my computer off!!

Tich

Eisenhower
12-24-2004, 06:14 PM

Thank you also Khadres for checking out my site and your wonderful comments.

As for the rest of you...Thank you and..... I can see that great minds do think alike!!! :D I have done the overturned pail....twice, the watering can and various backgrounds BUT not the bar of soap. There obviously are new things that I can do in the future. We are talking 5 x 7 here so I won't get too complicted. I do at least one of these for each show. I will attach last years for comparison.

BJ.. Good that you noticed the darkness of the grass. Actually it does have my great Terry Ludwig dark olives in there and also muted, ultramarine dandilions. :p

I put in a pail just to see if I liked it.....hmmmmm...come see, come saw. What do you think....shall I leave it in or shall I frame it out and give someone a neat surprize down the line when they take it apart??? ;) Di

The little girl in the tub looking up to the sky with her white hat... Are you going to have prints of that made? How long did it take you do paint that? It's adorable.

ponting
12-24-2004, 08:05 PM
Hi Dianna

This is awesome. I am new here and if this is an example of what I am going to see here...........I will never turn my computer off!!

Well I certainly hope not Tich, once you are here......we've got you and your hear to stay. :D

I am thrilled that you chose to come out of the woodwork for what I see is the first time, just to comment on my posting. :clap: :o

Take care and y'all come back now.......Dianna :wave:

ponting
12-29-2004, 01:32 PM
The little girl in the tub looking up to the sky with her white hat... Are you going to have prints of that made? How long did it take you do paint that? It's adorable.

Hello Kelly....I'm sorry I took so long to get back to you on this one. :rolleyes:

I have considered doing small card size prints of these 'tubbers' but I am waiting until my printer dies a natural death at which time I am going to invest in a new Epson 2100 or 2200 with the Ultrachrome inks or something similar. I have a top notch print company that does my large Giclees but these little guys would be fun to do myself. So in short...no but maybe soon. Thanks for your interest. :p

Here is another little one you might enjoy seeing. It's from quite a fews years back.....it is still small at 6 x 6" but this one is watercolour.

Cheers, Dianna

Cochisa
12-29-2004, 03:51 PM
I am in the process of setting up a teaching tour in England, Scotland and Ireland for the year 2006.
Anything else I can answer for you? .Dianna :wave:
...need a gopher...? :D
Cochisa

PAKI
12-30-2004, 02:31 AM
What a great piece of work! :clap:

Eisenhower
12-30-2004, 03:38 AM
Hello Kelly....I'm sorry I took so long to get back to you on this one. :rolleyes:

I have considered doing small card size prints of these 'tubbers' but I am waiting until my printer dies a natural death at which time I am going to invest in a new Epson 2100 or 2200 with the Ultrachrome inks or something similar. I have a top notch print company that does my large Giclees but these little guys would be fun to do myself. So in short...no but maybe soon. Thanks for your interest. :p

Here is another little one you might enjoy seeing. It's from quite a fews years back.....it is still small at 6 x 6" but this one is watercolour.

Cheers, Dianna

That is another lovely painting. One of the most wonderful memories I have is when I used to bathe in a claw foot tub with hot water on top of a mountain with a hose coming from the house I stayed at. Taking a bath outdoors is so very lovely. This is why these pictures really appeal to me - theres something very free about them.

Kelly

ponting
12-30-2004, 10:57 AM
One of the most wonderful memories I have is when I used to bathe in a claw foot tub with hot water on top of a mountain with a hose coming from the house

NOW THERE IS A VISION I COULD PAINT!!! Thanks so much for sharing that with me! :p

Cheers, Dianna

ponting
12-30-2004, 12:01 PM
...need a gopher...? :D
Cochisa

Sorry I meant to reply to this and to Paki at the same time as Kelly

Thanks Paki for the nice comment and hello Cochisa.....finally caught up to this thread did you? That is about all I will have room for in my suitcase is a gopher and something tells me you are a little bigger than that... :p

Cheers and thanks for dropping in. Dianna

Cochisa
12-30-2004, 03:37 PM
hello Cochisa.....finally caught up to this thread did you?
Yeah...neighborhood's been a little frightful ...still...been trying to cover my back...as usual

That is about all I will have room for in my suitcase is a gopher and something tells me you are a little bigger than that... :p Cheers and thanks for dropping in. Dianna
Drat!!!...but I'm getting thinner every day...
Oh well, I'll be on the road soon myself anyway. Maybe make it up to your neck of the woods one of these days for a soo needed one of your workshops...hopeful.
Cochisa

ponting
01-06-2005, 05:43 PM
No matter how thin you get Cochisa, you will never fit in the likes of my suitcase unless you can also squeeze into an envelope as that is about all there is room for at any given time. :p

I forgot that this was posted on a pastel thread so I really should have uploaded this little one instead of the watercolour. So here goes...

This is about 7 x 9" on La Carte and don't even ask Kelly as it has already been sold but may make it onto cards as per the other.

Eisenhower
01-06-2005, 06:06 PM
No matter how thin you get Cochisa, you will never fit in the likes of my suitcase unless you can also squeeze into an envelope as that is about all there is room for at any given time. :p

I forgot that this was posted on a pastel thread so I really should have uploaded this little one instead of the watercolour. So here goes...

This is about 7 x 9" on La Carte and don't even ask Kelly as it has already been sold but may make it onto cards as per the other.

Thanks for this post too. Did you take photographs of these adorable girls taking baths or did you do it from your imagination? When will this be on a card? They are both lovely.

Kelly

ponting
01-06-2005, 06:19 PM
Did you take photographs of these adorable girls taking baths or did you do it from your imagination?

Thanks Kelly. :p

I have tons of photos that I have taken like these so I can't even remember why I chose to do this one in two differnt mediums rather than just picking a new one. This one is my niece while most of the others are my Granddaughter. Watch for more in the upcoming year and yes, when I settle on a new printer they will be be listed on my web site. Thanks again.......

Cheers, Dianna :wave: