PDA

View Full Version : ****Daily Wash Saturday November 13th***

mr sandbanx
11-12-2004, 11:02 PM
I lost my job as as a zookeeper.

They said I was sitting on my ocelot!

So this is my Joe and My Julie (his Julie but mine too), she is the bomb.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Nov-2004/31024-small_Joe_Julie6_Dec_24.jpg

Anyway this is the my Julie who broke her thumb.... with a hammer. split the bone down the middle... makes my eyes water to see it Ouch. I have to go see them and install some weatherstripping on their doors this weekend. Seeing as how Julie cannot handle the hammer for a while, it may take longer than usual.

Slow here tonight so am starting the Wash then going to wrassle some apples.

Just occured to me my last painting class is Monday so I better do something worthwhile.

Seeya all and beehive

Chris

Starsprite
11-12-2004, 11:16 PM
Hi Chris! Now, this is a pic of Julie BEFORE the thumb smashing isn't it? Gosh that sounds painful!!! Stop going into so much detail!!! LOL

Good luck with the apples!!! I have been scanning Google images to try to come up with some Christmas card ideas...... I still don't know..... any ideas? Your Christmas card was "da bomb" (as you say!) LOL So was Kev's...I was kinda thinking of the bird idea....maybe a bird house too, some snow...trees.... all that stuff.

Well getting sleepy here.... think I will go hit the hay!! Sweet dreams everyone! :)

Christie
11-13-2004, 12:05 AM
Morning/Evening All!

Chris, Julie needs to learn to hammer with her other hand....:D

Guests have arrived, dinner has been eaten and beds are made up for the night. The beagles have decided that everyone is safe and are now trying desperately to divide their time between all the beds in the house.:D

JJ, nice pics of you guys at Gail's. Nice looking dogs.:)

Off to bed. My battery and my computer's battery are both running low.

Take care.

artmom
11-13-2004, 12:27 AM
:wave: to everyone already signed in and those yet to come.

I'm still piddling around with a painting of Uschi's garden that I owe Erin. It's in that "ugly" stage and I'm not sure I can get it out of there. :rolleyes:

Ed (DH) is off to bed and it is only 15 after midnight! He usually doesn't go to bed until 2 am or so--hope he isn't coming down with something! :eek:

Alex (grandkid) has had a virus for a couple of days. She called to tell me proudly that she didn't jerk when they pricked her finger for blood. I told her I was really proud of her! :D

Best wishes to all in the virtual Medical Rooms. Looks like we have quite a few waiting for surgery!

Erin (vestalqueen) is still having a problem with her broken wrist. :(

May your today be better than your yesterday.

Lyn

laudesan
11-13-2004, 01:14 AM
:wave: To all before and aft...............

Chris, what did they do for Julies' thumb???

RANT !!!!!!!!!!!
I have been putting off having a real good look at my gardens.. **sigh** Well it is far worse than I feared.

Lorha did not water them at all for 7 weeks and we had a heatwave for at least 3 of those weeks evidently. She said she just didn't want to do it. Beats me.. I have this watering system all set up all she had to do was turn the dam taps on.. **sigh**

Everything, and I mean everything is dead. All the plants I have from cuttings that folks have given me over the years, plants that Tania has given me over the years. :crying: The only things left inthe gardens are weeds and ground covers that may as well be weeds.. :crying:

I am upset and MAD!! :mad:

It is going to cost a lot of money to redo all our gardens. We have 5 big gardens in all.

Money is something we don't have right now obviously.. :(

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I can't invite anyone around to my house with it looking like this.. I was so proud of my gardens, they were so pretty, and they were flourishing.

I have a hand full of really hardy bulbs left too..

Good grief how hard is it to turn a bloody tap on!!!!!!!!!!

To top it off my neighbour, the chinese one Thai, has put an old disgusingly broken lounge black vinyl suite up against our fence!!!!!!!!!

Good grief are we now living in a gartbage dump!!!!!!!!!

I rang Kim and told her to move it, it is the most disgusting this he could do. It is still there..

I want to sell my house!!

STOP RANT

**sigh**

Roun2it
11-13-2004, 02:12 AM
Whoopssssssssssss Heads down, Incomingggggggggg...........

JJ I felt that from here!!!!!!!!!!..........

Morning each,

E-bay special offer: Anyone want to buy a Black leatherette sofa? 1 careful chinese owner, JT it may go with your Chinese rugs!! :evil: :wink2:

Chris the games up, I now know where the inspiration for the snowPERSONS came from, Just look over the hammer weilding Julies shoulder :eek: It's a family of snowPERSONS :eek: :wave:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Nov-2004/23314-banx.jpg

Must go and find some cover, JJ's bomb is about to explode. Does anyone think JJ's looking a bit peeky these days...........................

laudesan
11-13-2004, 02:23 AM
Aaaaaaah Kev, you made me smile.. :D

You any idea how much it cost to set up an established garden these days..

I think I should employ JT.. ;)

NOW...

I have written out a list.............. Give me a "hoy" if I have missed anybody.. ;)

Wcer’s I have met.

M.Chew (Marvin)
KK (kim)
JT (Janet)
Pampe (Pam)
Europa (Pat)
Stephie20 (Stephanie)
Sharon
MadMum (Ruth)
Geof
Rogerpf
Yorky (Doug)
Guilliame
Joe Marjury
Ban Sidhe (Kate)
Maffet (Jana)
HopefulBucky (Judy)
Jakealley (Chris)
Andy Lavallee
Ripvanblair (Alan)
Strawberry Wine (Gail)
Uschi
CharM (Char)
Gerri
Christie
Iron Horse
Rich Willimas
Mustcreate (em)
Droll13 (Dave)
Faafil (Mary-Lou)
TrueBlue (Ben)
Ai
Allan Jamieson
Diamond Bird (Helen)

Roun2it
11-13-2004, 02:46 AM
Ahoy hoy.............

Yeah you missed me, by about 2 days.............. :evil: :wink2: :crying: :crying:

England play Canada today at Rugby Union ........... I'll let you know how they get on. Good luck Canada, you'll need it :clap: :clap:

Oh and a news item, Pat's beloved Wigan Pier is closing it's main attractions. I'm sure Pat will have something to say about that! Pretty soon, Pat (and Sharon) will be the only attractions left in Wigan ............ Now theres a thought to conjure with :evil:

laudesan
11-13-2004, 03:18 AM
Yeah you missed me, by about 2 days.............. :evil: :wink2: :crying: :crying:

:crying: :crying: :crying:

Yorky
11-13-2004, 04:39 AM
Morning all :wave:

Lovely bright sunny morning today, but cold.

I feel a little better this morning after a bad week - scraped Ruth's car, longtime neighbour friend died last weekend then Tuesday my dear friend Giselheid in Germany died of bone cancer and we can't get over to the funeral :crying:

Anyway I was remembering a lovely walking holiday we had with our German friends in Wensleydale and I have pulled out a couple of paintings I did which bring back happy memories. I am going to send one over to Carl-Heinz.

Here's one (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45704&highlight=Wensleydale) I sent a couple of years ago.

This is another. (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45332&highlight=Beware+Dogs)

Lovely kids, Chris and well spotted, Kev - snowPERSONS in the background :D

Morning Lyn, I used to be terrified of needles, but have had so many stuck into me of late that I just shrug it off now;)

Sorry about the garden, Judy (BTW you also met Stitcher - Ruth), let's hope your plants will revive with watering. You should get a timer for your watering system, or ask your daughter to pop in and check up when you are away.

Off for a constitutional walk along Lord Street Southport this morning and buy some bereavement cards.

BBL

Doug

laudesan
11-13-2004, 05:12 AM
Oh Doug.. http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Nov-2004/22284-hug_for_one.gif Sorry to read of your sadness at this time.. http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Nov-2004/22284-hug_for_one.gif Sometimes life can be the pits.. :(

Yes *smack* my hand I did forget Dear Ruth!!

Tania WAS supposed to keep an eye on Lorhas watering the gardens, but she is also useless at it. Tania's gardens .. HUH what gardens..

All Lorha had to do was turn the tap on. There is a timer on it.. **sigh**

I am trying to get myself motivated to paint a picture of Lake Louise.. I have found a lovely photo, started to draw it out..

Who knows.. ;)

painterbear
11-13-2004, 05:25 AM
Good Morning all,

It is just a little after 5:00 a.m. here in Ohio. Still pitch black outside my window and very chilly this morning.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARY (Mary RS)! Hope you are lurking today to read our wishes and have a grand day to celebrate your special day.

Chris, One of our roofers imitated your Julie yesterday and smashed his thumb with a hammer. After my DH put three bandaids on it and gave him some Tylenol 3 for the pain, he finally went home about an hour later. (DH said he was the most inept of all the roofers anyway so he wasn't sorry to see him go, but felt bad about his thumb. :eek: )

Speaking of the roofers, at one point yesterday there were 5 of them up there tearing off shingles and putting down the underlayer (some sort of paper????) and then beginning the shingling. DH made sure the one he thought was the most careful and experienced went to work on the little turret top since that is one of the prominent features of the house. They should be finished early next week. Yeah! :clap:

Kev, You certainly have eagle eyes spotting the snow family in the background of Chris's photo. I'm sure it was subliminal memory on Chris's part when he painted his card for this week;s challenge that those charming creatures showed up. ;) :angel:

Doug, So sorry to hear of the sadness in your life this week. It is always hard to hear of the death of friends. I always think of John Donne's poem that begins No man is an island....

JJ, I can empathize with your chagrin in a small measure—I spent last spring planting crepe myrtle plants all along the side of our house and nurturing them along because I want them to spread and cover the ground thickly all along there. Yesterday my DH came in and said, "Guess where all the shingles landed as they dropped them off the roof." Yep, all along on top of the crepe myrtle plants...except where the ladder was stacked on top of them. Guess I'll be back to square one next spring. DH did talk to them about the bushes along the front though and they built a little cover for them out of sawhorses and plywood so the shingles didn't smash them down too. Good thing, landscaping can not only take a lot of time, it costs $$$ to buy those shrubs and other plants!

On a happier note, that is an amazing list of people from WC that you've met in person! Bet you hold the record.

Lyn, Hope you get the garden out of the "ugly" stage soon. That is the time we get bogged down and lose interest in a painting, I know, so keep pressing on and pretty soon it will be glorious.

Christie, I'm glad your beagles take such good care of your household. :cat:

Hi Pattie, Good luck with your search for Christmas card inspiration. I'm too lazy, I just use commercial cards and write a little catchup letter in each one individually. :angel:

Weaving to all who are in the Waiting or Recovery Rooms. Take care, take your meds, get plenty of rest and drink lots of fluid, etc., etc.

Off to see the Gallery.

SYL,

Sylvia

Ellen in Ont
11-13-2004, 06:45 AM
Just a quick hi on my way out the door to work. Hugs and well wishes to everyone. :wave:

ScarletLake
11-13-2004, 06:59 AM
HI Everyone

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

We're off in about an hour to visit my son at Ohio University for the weekend.

Little brother wanted to see a football game with older brother & this is the last one.

I'm gonna try & have a good weekend despite this job issue. I have decided to get myself out of a bad situation. Will start that process next week.

Went to painting group yesterday afternoon. That made me feel better.

Talk to everyone soon

JJ - I'd be mad too but look at it this was you can plan a new, even better garden. I'm sure JT will give you lots of ideas.

Sylvie - glad they are working on your roof.

Char - What is your schedule next week.

Anita

Europa
11-13-2004, 06:59 AM
MORNING WASHGANGEROOS!!!

Just arisen from my lovely warm bed - haven't looked outside the window yet but it seems that at least the wind has died down.

Chris - how do you wrassle an apple?

Patty - like Sylvia I too just buy commercial cards - I did suggest me doing some to send to our business associates but Jamie didn't seem that impressed with the idea - Hummph!!

Christie - I just seem to be saying goodnight to you.......LOL.

JJ - ooooh dear - sorry to hear about the garden - rant all you want love - you have every reason too.

Kev - for me they can close that Opie Museum cos its boring but it seems that The Way We Were is going to be integrated into the new layout they have planned - good job I say as its a really good place to visit - especially with the actors in the various setups - the old school room experience frightened me to death - that teacher was scary......lol.

Doug - sending hugs - sorry to hear about your friend.

Lyn - am sure you will get past the 'ugly' stage with your painting - looking forward to seeing it in the gallery.

Sylvia - ooooh how romantic - I didnt know you had a turret on your house.

BBL gang - love and hugs all around

LEAD ON MACDUFF!!!

Pat xxx

OOPs - waving to Ellen and Anita - we xposted and forgot to say

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARY!!!

CharM
11-13-2004, 07:35 AM
Happy Saturday Morning Washers!!! It's really, really cold again this morning... -5C... lots of frost... a bit of wind from the NE, but not too bad... and it looks as if the sun might shine today!

I don't have any plans for the day at all... the usual stuff... laundry, groceries... but nothing demanding!

Chris... Lil Julie is a cutie... (Joe's a handsome lad) ...those snowpersons... well... they don't have near the personality of your snowteam on your card... :D And, I'm with Sprite... you need to stop telling us how awful her thumb is... ouch...

I'm having trouble finding inspiration for my cards this year, too, Sprite... :( I definitely need to take more *snow* pics so I have something for next year...

Christie... do you have houseguests again? :wave:

Lyn... take care... sounds like your household is coming down with the grogs and you can't afford to get sick again... your painting will begin to emerge beautifully... take your time... :D

Oh JJ... I would be absolutely sick... you may have to plant grass over some of the beds this year... maybe just concentrate on the fenceline between your property and the ugly black couch... :mad:

Kev... you've got the eyes of an eagle! :D

Doug... ((())) you have had a terrible week! Puts everything into perspective for the rest of us...

Sylvia... didn't the roofers bring in a dumpster when they started your job??? WHY are they hurling shingles on your gardens and shrubs??? grrrgh...

Anita... I'm driving down on Monday... but it will probably be easiest if we can meet on Tuesday (late afternoon, evening)... I have a dinner meeting on Wednesday and hope to drive home on Thursday... Syl or I will call you!!!

:wave: to Ellen as she ziiiiips off to work!

*handing Pat a nice hot cup of fresh coffee*... G'morning!!!

Happy Birthday to Mary!!!!

Sending positive energy and good thoughts to all...

Uschi
11-13-2004, 08:07 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!! Another BEAUTIFUL day in the making.

Yeterday was just gorgeous. It's amazing how warm 4 degree C (40F?) can be when there is sun and NO wind.
I did manage to get my garage cleaned out, did some shopping, went for walk, painted and entertained son and family.

A lot of sad things happening here on the wash over the last couple of days - hugs to Pat and Doug!!

Hugs also to JJ, I feel for you re your non-garden. I am in the opposite place, getting rid of a lot of things that I spent a lot of money on i.e. waterlily gone (creates too much slimy mess in the little pond); I spent a small fortune on edging tiles for all the beds, found out that the frost heaves them up and the lawn mower chops them up, so pulled them all back out again etc.etc. Too bad you don't live here, I could give you lots of perennials.

Sylvia - we DESERVE a photo of that roof when it is done!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How careless of them re your plants, but surely they will recoup next spring.

Lyn - WOW, a painting of any garden is quite the undertaking!!!! What a shame about Erin's wrist, cyber hugs for her too!!!!

I read the wash last night and CRS.

I also spent a fair bit of time making little prints of some of my paintings, a lot of messing about. Was hoping to maybe sell them at the local market. What was I thinking, there is no table available 6 weeks before Christmas :D . Can get one in January, who on earth is going to buy anything in January LOL

Well, time to send good thoughts out to one and all!!! Waving :wave:
Uschi

painterbear
11-13-2004, 08:21 AM
MORNING WASHGANGEROOS!!!

Sylvia - ooooh how romantic - I didnt know you had a turret on your house.

Pat xxx

Pat,

Here is a painting I did a year ago of our Normandy Tudor-style house, complete with castle entry and turret. LOL!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Nov-2004/9833-houserevised.gif

Uschi,
I'm taking photos of the various stages and will show you'all the whole job (in a separate thread ;) when they finish.

Char, I actually am amazed at them climbing around our roof the way they do. It is quite steep and has a lot of different angles and levels. I sure wouldn't want to be doing their job. LOL!

I've been working on the landscaping since we moved in, little by little trimming and reshaping the shrubs, planting new things, etc. I still have a way to go before it looks like I want it to.

Anita, It's a shame your job didn't work out. Is this a contract operation or were you working for the Air Force? I'm really surprised by the way it is being handled because we use that facility and have been really happy with the service and people we've met there. That is why I was wondering if this is a contract group. They are using more of them because the Military Personnel are being diverted to serve in Iraq or being used just for active duty military. Good luck on your re-newed job search coming up. I'm sure you'll find something, it seems as if the want ads are always looking for nurses.

SYL.

Sylvia

JudyL
11-13-2004, 09:04 AM
Hi, Saturday and the Marigold is still closed till the new kitchen is finished. I have been taking pictures of the process, at Jacks request, and they are begining to look out for me. After the comments on the agility of roofers I dicided to share these photos. The roof is going on

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Nov-2004/13051-Small_Marigold.JPG
They keep working
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Nov-2004/13051-Steven_Reduced.JPG
Friendly though, mind, it is cold there too.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Nov-2004/13051-Johno_Reduced.JPG

JJ, so sorry about your garden, did you pay this person? Perhaps you should ask for a refund. I would ask your friends for cuttings etc for the new garden. Maybe time for planning, but grass is not a bad idea. Although, I am not a gardening person, I am married to one.

We walked down to the river and to town. Jack picked up his chocolate fudge cake. He helps people with their computers, but won't accept money, so he gets paid with dessert. I make him take them to work though, they do appreciate this.
Laundry calls, BBL
JudyL

droll13
11-13-2004, 09:14 AM
Hi all,

Quick visit right now, then I have to dash out.

Photos from yesterday afternoon (all taken less than 10 paces from my front door):

The invading ivy. The color interaction (greens & reddish purples) and the curling edges of the leaves attracted me.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Nov-2004/23514-MVC-719F.JPG

More ivy. I like the red-orange leaves.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Nov-2004/23514-MVC-724F.JPG

My favorite.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Nov-2004/23514-MVC-727F.JPG

I'm in desperate need of coffee, so must run out to the donut shop.

BBL

Faafil
11-13-2004, 09:20 AM
g'morning all :wave:

Haven't visited the wash for a few days...this time change thing has me all out of whack! Cripes, it's only an hour!! :rolleyes: Dark when I go to work, dark when I get home - hate it !! I think I must suffer from SAD - not enough sunshine!

(((((Doug)))))) so sorry to hear of all the sadness in your life recently. Hope the operation will be of help to Ruth's hand...

JJ, I'd be :mad: too. 7 weeks, and couldn't turn on the spigot!!???

Yeeeks Chris - poor Julie, that sounds painful!! Loved yours and Kev's cards....

Sylvia, I ALWAYS wanted a Tudor-style house when I lived in Ohio - yours looks sooooo beautiful.

Happy Birthday Mary!!

Lyn, forge on with that painting - I've got one in the ugly stages right now too... should post it in the gallery to get more motivation.

Dave, good luck with the calendars!!

Hoping the painting I'm working on now can end up being my Christmas card. It's of stained glass church windows from the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona. Oh! that reminds me - if anyone is interested, I use Amazing Mail (http://www.amazingmail.com) for my Christmas cards. The glossy postcards are of high quality, and everyone loves them. Plus, it's quick, and easy.

Well, CRS has set in - happens all too quickly lately :o

We're off to Arizona again tomorrow morning, until Wednesday. Finally, in escrow on a duplex in Prescott Valley, so have to meet with the lender, do the inspection thing, meet with a property management company, etc. etc.

Hope everyone has a happy and productive day! Sending 11 double hugs to everyone!

ML

Little Old Lady
11-13-2004, 09:20 AM
Greetings :wave:
Sorry for lost friends and lost gardens.
JJ weigh the lost garden against the list of those you met and what is more important?
Hope something good turns up Anita.
Hope son turns up to get rid of outside midden.
Badgers facing Michigan State today!
Have a good one!
JoAnn

toyam
11-13-2004, 09:35 AM
good morning everyone...the sun is shining here and although it is only -1c, it is beautiful...
I don't often write in the wash but I am here everyday reading so thought I would say HI, :wave:
Slyvia, what a wonderful house!! I love the style
JJ, sorry about your gardens :crying: it is awful to think of all those plants gone now but it could have been worse, it could have been your house in terrible shape!!
Uschi, I do live close!! :angel:
Dough, you have had an awful week , hoping next week will be better.
Hi Char, have a safe trip
Gail, that is a beautiful lake, can't wait to see it in June
Happy Birthday Mary!! have a great year

Good day \ evening to all ....Bonnie R

Starsprite
11-13-2004, 09:38 AM
Chris, One of our roofers imitated your Julie yesterday and smashed his thumb with a hammer. After my DH put three bandaids on it and gave him some Tylenol 3 for the pain, he finally went home about an hour later. (DH said he was the most inept of all the roofers anyway so he wasn't sorry to see him go, but felt bad about his thumb. :eek: )

SYL,

Sylvia

What's this?!!!! A member of the male species smashed his thumb with a hammer!!! Poor baby couldn't handle it even with three bandaids and Tylenol 3 for the pain and had to go home and sob. LOL :D :evil: :evil: Geeezzzzz what a wus!! LOL :evil:

Actually...after looking at the painting pic of your house Sylvia, I don't see how anyone could manage to stay on your slanted roof without holding onto ropes like you would climb a mountain!! LOL.... I would want to wear a parachute if I was up there. :D

mr sandbanx
11-13-2004, 11:40 AM
Kevin yes that pile of snowmen is but a tiny part of Brenda's massive collection... she has been collecting these for years.. No-one said we could not cheat a bit!

Julie is not too happy today, her thumb is massive, and they gave her some painkillers and a splint only... not much they can do they said. Looks pretty gross... like a big spoon, only purple!

I don't hold out much hope for our side in the Rugby Union Kevin... waving white flag icon here.

Pat how do you wrassle an apple? Good question... it took a while but I did win... applesauce anyone??

HOY J-J!! ahem....

I thinkour Vols have a bye week.... but Go Badgers.

Doug, so sorry to hear about the loss of your friends.

Today is raking leaves day...they just keep on coming!

Spritey: Beehive wouldja, of course when a man hits his thumb it hurts more.. swing hammer harder and all that.

Chris

droll13
11-13-2004, 12:46 PM
Back from some errands. One of those errands was to get a price on shipping a calendar to the UK for a certain WCer. Sheesh - shipping is expensive!

Finally read through the wash. As usual CRS means I'll forget to mention someone. But I do want to say:

Doug, my condolences to you.

Mary RS - hope it's a great birthday for you.

JJ, glad you're getting around to wetting your brushes. Sorry to hear about the garden.

Several, Seems to be a bad time to own a thumb.

:wave: :wave: :wave: to all the rest.

Roun2it
11-13-2004, 12:56 PM
70 - 0

Starsprite
11-13-2004, 12:58 PM
[Spritey: Beehive wouldja, of course when a man hits his thumb it hurts more.. swing hammer harder and all that.

Chris

Yeah, I'll show you a beehive!! LOL :D :evil: Yes, and why don't you tell that to Julie...I'm sure she would agree......NOT!!!!!!! :D :clap: :clap:

Dave, do you have the calendars for order on your web site yet? I like to give calendars for Christmas gifts.... so am interested. The customer should pay for shipping charges I would think.

maltman
11-13-2004, 01:33 PM
70 - 0

Wow...didn't think we'd beat you by that much!

droll13
11-13-2004, 01:47 PM

Dave, do you have the calendars for order on your web site yet? I like to give calendars for Christmas gifts.... so am interested. The customer should pay for shipping charges I would think.
Patty,

I'm working on the website right now. I am currently taking orders via email or PMs until the website is updated.

Since a few here have expressed interest, some details and pics follow:

Two versions - for both I'll customize it with the national holidays of your chosen country no charge. Both have clear vinyl protective covers front & back and a coil binding. I use the same 2 varieties of quality photo paper on each. Both feature the same 12 photos I took here in Huntington Beach (skies, sunsets & sunrises, birds, landscapes, seascapes, flowers). I'll add personalized dates (family birthdays, anniversaries, whatever) that you provide to me for a standard charge of $0.15 each. I can also customize it with 12 pictures you select from my website (Photo Gallery and/or Painting Gallery) for additional $3.00.

BUDGET: Portrait (tall) orientation). Photo and month are on same 8.5" x 11" page. Normal price is $12.00 (US).

DELUXE - Landscape (wide) orientation. Photo and month are on separate 8.5" x 11" pages. Normal price is $15.00 (US).

Shipping additional, should be $4.00 or less US, and varies internationally. Free shipping for larger orders.

But these are the prices for the general public. For WCers, a discount of at least 10%.

Here are some initial pics to give you an idea of the look and layout. Quality of these pics isn't great (I'll have better ones on my website soon) and one of them caught a reflection from the clear protective cover.

BUDGET cover:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Nov-2004/23514-Budget-cover_resized.jpg

BUDGET month:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Nov-2004/23514-Budget-month_resized.jpg

DELUXE cover:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Nov-2004/23514-Deluxe-cover_resized.jpg

DELUXE month:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Nov-2004/23514-Deluxe-month_resized.JPG

Roun2it
11-13-2004, 01:49 PM
I'm not gloating, I just said I'd let ou know the result. I'm sure if we played you at Ice Hockey it would be the same margin the other way.

Chris, how can you think I thunk you cheated, alls fair in luv and war, I just spotted the inspiration :wink2:

Ohhhh...... JJ how did you forget Sandbanx!!!!!!!!!! :o :eek:

mr sandbanx
11-13-2004, 02:38 PM
70-0! ouch!

Hope thats not halftime!

Too bad my Julie was unable to play for our side... otherwise things would have been different.

JJ who???

Spritey: bring it on!

Christie
11-13-2004, 03:06 PM
Morning All!

Guests have left to get on the road again. I was a nice visit. I have known the brother and sister for almost 20 years now, but had never met their father. All of them were very nice. Anyhow, that is it for visitors for now...

JJ, I am so sorry to hear about your gardens! I know how much you loved them and have enjoyed the pictures you have posted here.

Doug, I am sorry about the loss of your friend.:(

That roof slope is amazing!!!

Hi to everyone else.

Have to get work dealt with and my painting desk moved back upstairs. Then perhaps on to wet brushes (I hope).

Take care.

CharM
11-13-2004, 06:52 PM
Hi All... absolutely uneventful day at our house, today... DH came home from work this morning and we had coffee together... He took the garbage to the dump and then came home and went to bed... Magoo didn't get up till noon... (but, then, he's 15)... I cooked my pumpkins up and have pureed the pulp and put everything into freezer bags... AND, I drew out two compositions, as well...

I made a nice dinner and DH was getting ready to go out the back door... woops... he stepped back and said that I'd better come and have a look... there, just as big as life and rolly poly fat, was a skunk!!! heheheh... :D I've been feeding a wild Tom Cat, recently... well... maybe not... :cat:

Super pics in the Wash today!!!

Those are really nice calendars, Dave!! Good luck with your sales! I'm sure you'll do well...

I hope your Son showed up to give you a hand out of doors today, JoAnn...

:wave: to everyone...

I have to run Magoo over to a friend's house... and since DH is working... it may be pleasantly quiet here this evening!

laudesan
11-13-2004, 07:08 PM
HOY J-J!! ahem....

Chris

Oh Chris Honey..............ooooooooooooooooooops........ http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Nov-2004/22284-16334-033102bigblink_1_prv.gif http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Nov-2004/22284-16334-033102bigblink_1_prv.gif http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Nov-2004/22284-16334-033102bigblink_1_prv.gif http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Nov-2004/22284-3748-hugcats.gif

WHAT CAN I SAY??????????????????? :crying: http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Nov-2004/22284-11613-19488-friends.gif

I'M SORRY!!! http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Nov-2004/22284-roses.gif http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Nov-2004/22284-flaske04.gif http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Nov-2004/22284-Thumbs_up.gif

mr sandbanx
11-13-2004, 07:28 PM
Aw JJ I can't hold a grudge for too long, especially when I get a bottle of worms! Thanks.

I figured you did that list just like the Watercolour gallery, the first name on the list gets kicked over to the next page as the list gets longer... it's there I know, just have to look a little harder for it.

Seeya

Note to Spritey: (whats "honey" worth??)

Starsprite
11-13-2004, 08:24 PM
Note to Spritey: (whats "honey" worth??)

"Honey"....hmmmm I don't know, but I would think it would be worth even more than "adorable"...perhaps a whole dollar!!!!! :D You're gettin rich!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Can I have a loan? :D

mr sandbanx
11-13-2004, 09:09 PM
No

Starsprite
11-13-2004, 09:30 PM
No

Ok...but being stingey will not get you anywhere.

maltman
11-13-2004, 09:43 PM
Ok...but being stingey will not get you anywhere.
Dead right AccountantSprite...You should see what he pays me!
A caddy's life is not a happy one...happy one!

maryrose
11-13-2004, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the birthday greetings, Folks!
I'm loving day 1 of year 55 :)

maltman
11-13-2004, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the birthday greetings, Folks!
I'm loving day 1 of year 55 :)

So you should, you young whippersnapper!