PDA

View Full Version : "finale"

Gilberte
11-12-2004, 02:32 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/11-12-2004/9813_girls_in_garden.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: "finale"
Year Created: 2004
Medium: Oil
Surface: Wood
Dimension: 80 x 60 cms
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Well, I think that's the best I could make of it.
I couldn't take a photo right in front of the painting because it is still too wet and I wanted to avoid glares.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
husband has given his benediction ... can you ...?????

Dhuot
11-12-2004, 07:50 PM
Of course we can Madame G!

BRAVO

Oh btw, maybe it`s because of the polders(!), but water fills your paintings, like this one.
Big Compliments !! :D

Artistanne
11-12-2004, 07:54 PM
LOVELY colors Gilberte, and your faces always look so innocent (and they all have a bit of "you" in them), wonderful job! :)

Tamana
11-12-2004, 08:06 PM
I saw the resemblance too, Anne. I would LOVE to see this straight on when it dries. But the first thing that jumped out at me is how their expressions seemed to have changed!! From innocent mischievousness to a soft complacency of mood shared between the both of them. The colors are rich and vivid. Of course I'm the one in yellow!! And with a HAT TOO!!!! ;)

KABart
11-12-2004, 08:45 PM
Excellent form, I love the faces, even seeing it at an angle I can really feel their expressions. The Brunette's hair on the left side seems a little big but again it could just be the angle of the painting. Great use of color and light, beautiful! :clap:

SMViolano
11-13-2004, 12:30 AM
The girls are so beautiful!

:clap: :clap: :clap:
The style is really fresh and unique!

Gilberte
11-13-2004, 03:34 AM
Stella, thank you for your nice comment. Wish I could paint darker without getting mud !!!!!

KABart, yes I wondered about the brunette's hair but she might be using L'OREAL ... because ... she's worth it :D :D :D (the ever returning publicity on television ) !

Tamana girl, you like hats ? Me too, the funnier the better ! I worked indeed more on the faces, very carefully, without realising it changed their expression ........ I'm off to oil school now, got to continue a boring grisaille stillife of bottles and mandarines :o

Artistanne, merci muchly for your sweet comment.

Mon cher Daniel, the polders are so near and fertile ........... can't seem to loose my aquarelle influence in oils. It sort of "trademarks" me :wink2:

TO ALL ! In portraiture there's a " swap your portraits" thread. You should have a look. Virtual artists friends to be met, good renditions in oil, digits, drawings etc. etc.
:)

einna
11-13-2004, 03:48 AM
Gilberte,

woww.. this is a beautiful work! I just wish I could see it from the normal front angel. Like the fresh, happy colors on it and as the girls the girls here say.. you always leave a bit of you in every portrait of yours.

Annie

Crisis
11-13-2004, 09:23 AM
Congratulations, this is amazing. :clap:
You alawys have something positive to say about everyones work, even when there not that great (like mine :) )
I cant crit your work in anyway, well done!

Rieko
11-13-2004, 09:56 AM
Hi Gilberte,

Beautifully done! I like the "ennuyee" (sorry, I can't put the accent)-sort-of-look on the girls. And indeed, they reminds me of you, especially the left girl.

artbabe21
11-13-2004, 01:53 PM
Gilberte! Beautiful work........very appealing!! :)

Mikey
11-13-2004, 02:31 PM
Gilberte, I've nearly forgotten how to say the benediction. How about a new beginning. This is beautiful.

Mikey

bocote
11-13-2004, 11:33 PM
I've been gone a bit. you're coming along very well. This is a nice work indeed. and I'm glad I'm not the only one with glare problems :)

capricorne
11-15-2004, 05:17 AM
You've got my 'benidiction' also Gilberte :)
I like your tinyhead....
Jan

LisaArt
11-15-2004, 09:30 AM
Beautiful work and palettte Gilberte! I really enjoy the softness of this painting.